Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pacman Jones To Police “I hope you die . . . You’re gonna be out of a job”
Well we don't know what to do.

Quote:Adam “Pacman” Jones’ most recent run-in with the law has led to plenty of scrutiny on his future with the Bengals, but no decisions have been made.

The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that the Bengals have made no decisions and probably won’t any time soon.

Even if it weren’t for his off-field issues, Jones would be a candidate to get cut solely for reasons related to his age and the salary cap. He will be 34 next season and has a $6.3 million base salary. That’s not a great combination of age and money for a player.

Add in the arrest and the subsequent episode in which Jones screamed obscenities at the arresting officer, and it’s easy to envision the Bengals getting rid of Jones.

But the Bengals haven’t made that decision yet, and they may not for a few months.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/01/27/bengals-undecided-on-what-to-do-with-adam-jones/

So are they afraid we lose a bargaining chip if we cut Jones when we negotiate with Dre? Depending on when Jones would get paid maybe we should cut him after we see what happens with Dre.

It might not be right by Jones but it's not like he's done right by us with his off the field crap and his on the field crap with Porter and Cooper for example.

If we are worried about cutting a 33 year old CB who was on the decline last year, has on and off field incidents and is gonna cost us money we can save by cutting him for any other reason with Dennard, WJ3 and Shaw waiting in line then I think we have a problem.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals front office is clueless. Jones should have been released once they saw the video. Seriously did anyone believe Jones when he stood there like a victim saying I didn't do anything I'm the victim. He has a long history and its all bad. The way he acted toward that cop is the same way he acted towards the ref's in the Pittsburg playoff lose disaster. He thinks he is entitled and could do and say what he wants. The guy is a thug punk average player who thinks of himself before the team. Does anyone think if he was a NE Patriot Kraft would just do nothing. Winning starts at the top and the Bengals top is showing it's fans what loser they are.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2017, 06:25 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I hear what you're saying, but this is him saying that he hopes a cop dies.  In the world of public relations, this just looks really bad.  That said, I also understand that Mike Brown could not care less about PR or what anyone thinks...

There's no denying it's a PR nightmare, but like you said, Mike Brown doesn't care. Look at Chris Henry. Brown re-signed Henry despite Marvin not wanting him back.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
They're actually doing the right thing. I'm not condoning Jones' actions in the police car, but we don't know what led up to that. That's what the legal system decides, and whether or not any laws were broken. What is he guilty of besides being an idiot? That we know of?

Losing him would cost us alot. It would impact our negotiations with DreK – (Would he stay with Jones gone? I don't know how he feels about this.), and it would also impact our decisions on draft day. Would you like Teez Tabor or Marlon Humphries? Because one of those would be our #9 pick if we cut Jones and lose DreK, our two starting CBs. Could we roll with Dennard and Jackson? Do we want to have to?

This is what Jones doesn't understand about his behavior. It impacts his family, and it impact his team. He might have just screwed both, but I don't blame the Bengals for letting the law run its course. Maybe he's told them something that has led them to take this position. Maybe they expect him to be exonerated. I don't know. Something tells me that if they thought he was guilty of a crime, they'd have let him go by now.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2017, 06:29 PM)Shady Wrote: They're actually doing the right thing. I'm not condoning Jones' actions in the police car, but we don't know what led up to that. That's what the legal system decides, and whether or not any laws were broken. What is he guilty of besides being an idiot? That we know of?

Losing him would cost us alot. It would impact our negotiations with DreK – (Would he stay with Jones gone? I don't know how he feels about this.), and it would also impact our decisions on draft day. Would you like Teez Tabor or Marlon Humphries? Because one of those would be our #9 pick if we cut Jones and lose DreK, our two starting CBs. Could we roll with Dennard and Jackson? Do we want to have to?

This is what Jones doesn't understand about his behavior. It impacts his family, and it impact his team. He might have just screwed both, but I don't blame the Bengals for letting the law run its course. Maybe he's told them something that has led them to take this position. Maybe they expect him to be exonerated. I don't know. Something tells me that if they thought he was guilty of a crime, they'd have let him go by now.

This is where I completely disagree with you.  Nothing that happened in the lead up to his arrest matters as far as his behavior towards the police or the corrections officers.  Even if you are being arrested for no reason at all, anyone knows that you don't assault a police officer.  You don't run your mouth in the car.  You don't spit at the nurse in the jail.  You're Pacman Jones, you've been arrested so many times that you know the drill.  You have the phone number for your attorney either memorized or tattooed on your palm.  You act respectfully, call your attorney from the jail, and let him bail you out.  If you've been mistakenly arrested, then you let your attorney get the charges thrown out in court.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2017, 06:29 PM)Shady Wrote: They're actually doing the right thing. I'm not condoning Jones' actions in the police car, but we don't know what led up to that. That's what the legal system decides, and whether or not any laws were broken. What is he guilty of besides being an idiot? That we know of?

To me, the simple fact that the king of the repeat is out being a fool in the middle of the night again should make the team want to wash their hands of him.  How many more of these will there be?  You have to draw the line somewhere.

It could be trouble finds him.  Wouldn't shock me to find out the Steelers have people planted around town to egg him on when he goes out, per Antonio Brown's request, lol.  If trouble finds you, maybe stay home.  I just think it's too many straws to be given much consideration.  Some might say he's beyond the point of due process.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I find it even more crazy they have Jones talk to the rookies about the pressure of playing in the NFL, and how its important to stay out of trouble, and to maintain a good image. If he didn't play in the NFL he would already be in jail. Seriously remember when it first happened he said the truth will come out. Well it came out and again it showed he's nothing more than a thug punk. Send him packing, and start to show people it's a class organization and a privilege to play here not a right. People laugh about this team for years and they still do nothing.
Reply/Quote
The Six Million Dollar Child.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
DreKs agents aren't stupid, they know Jones will likely be suspended for a long time. Meaning, he isn't a bargaining tool at all. Hilarious (but not surprising) the Bengals don't realize this. And if by some miracle he isn't suspended and they actually keep him........................

That says all you need to know (again) as to why they continue to fail

Reply/Quote
Pacman can say whatever he wants about cops --he's a millionaire, can pretty much say whatever bad crap he chooses to say and the whole world will know, thanks to awesome sports reporters. But if Pacman were smashed in between his car and a big truck or something, holding onto life and in desperate need of rescuing, the cop would look past what pacman said and not even think twice to risk his own life to save Pacman's. And that's just one of the reasons these police are about 100x more manly and respectful as human beings than someone like Adam Pacman Jones could ever even comprehend.

I doubt the NFL will punish someone for insulting police officers. I dont think the commish likes police either, base on his history and his obvious fascist/liberal leanings. But no doubt Pacman should be cut, period.
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2017, 06:05 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: This is where I completely disagree with you.  Nothing that happened in the lead up to his arrest matters as far as his behavior towards the police or the corrections officers.  Even if you are being arrested for no reason at all, anyone knows that you don't assault a police officer.  You don't run your mouth in the car.  You don't spit at the nurse in the jail.  You're Pacman Jones, you've been arrested so many times that you know the drill.  You have the phone number for your attorney either memorized or tattooed on your palm.  You act respectfully, call your attorney from the jail, and let him bail you out.  If you've been mistakenly arrested, then you let your attorney get the charges thrown out in court.
 This is spot on. Anyone saying anything else has bigger social issues to deal with then the Cincinnati Bengals. 
Reply/Quote
To me it's a simple as this:

Adam Jones will turn 34 a couple weeks into next season, that's a twilight year as far as CB's go. It was easy to see he'd lost a step last season. I'd way be willing to take whatever cap hit to free up the money to sign Zeitler and/or Whit.

Then when you throw in the total lack of discipline he fans the fire for on the field, it's a no brainer. This team badly needs a shot fired across the bow of discipline !

Now add in the fact that he's a low life off the field and a many repeat offender, how can you decide otherwise ?

Oh ya, Mike Brown's loyalty........nevermind
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2017, 03:11 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: To me it's a simple as this:

Adam Jones will turn 34 a couple weeks into next season, that's a twilight year as far as CB's go. It was easy to see he'd lost a step last season. I'd way be willing to take whatever cap hit to free up the money to sign Zeitler and/or Whit.

Then when you throw in the total lack of discipline he fans the fire for on the field, it's a no brainer. This team badly needs a shot fired across the bow of discipline !

Now add in the fact that he's a low life off the field and a many repeat offender, how can you decide otherwise ?

Oh ya, Mike Brown's loyalty........nevermind

Mike Brown has no loyalty. This is a fabrication developed by MB apologist to explain his miserly ways and horrible leadership.

He has no loyalty to the fans, players, coaches or members of his organization who are driven to winning.    
Reply/Quote
I feel that if they were going to cut him, it would've already been done. I expect to see him starting again next year. It doesn't matter what I think or what should've been done. Our idiot GM can always be counted on to do the wrong thing.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2017, 08:56 AM)djam Wrote: Pacman can say whatever he wants about cops --he's a millionaire, can pretty much say whatever bad crap he chooses to say and the whole world will know, thanks to awesome sports reporters. But if Pacman were smashed in between his car and a big truck or something, holding onto life and in desperate need of rescuing, the cop would look past what pacman said and not even think twice to risk his own life to save Pacman's. And that's just one of the reasons these police are about 100x more manly and respectful as human beings than someone like Adam Pacman Jones could ever even comprehend.  

I doubt the NFL will punish someone for insulting police officers. I dont think the commish likes police either, base on his history and his obvious fascist/liberal leanings. But no doubt Pacman should be cut, period.

Just FYI, a person cannot be both liberal and a Fascist.  They are at opposite sides of the political spectrum.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2017, 02:47 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Just FYI, a person cannot be both liberal and a Fascist.  They are at opposite sides of the political spectrum.

Adam Jones is a liberal fascist skinny fat tall midget.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2017, 07:50 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: I feel that if they were going to cut him, it would've already been done. I expect to see him starting again next year. It doesn't matter what I think or what should've been done. Our idiot GM can always be counted on to do the wrong thing.

I believe they save more money if they do it after June, so that'll be the time they do it if they so wish to do so. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
Hoofhearted Wrote:I believe they save more money if they do it after June, so that'll be the time they do it if they so wish to do so. 

I'm not so naive that I think money wouldn't factor into the decision, but I hope if the Bengals cut Jones loose they do so for the right reasons.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2017, 08:56 AM)djam Wrote: Pacman can say whatever he wants about cops --he's a millionaire, can pretty much say whatever bad crap he chooses to say and the whole world will know, thanks to awesome sports reporters. But if Pacman were smashed in between his car and a big truck or something, holding onto life and in desperate need of rescuing, the cop would look past what pacman said and not even think twice to risk his own life to save Pacman's. And that's just one of the reasons these police are about 100x more manly and respectful as human beings than someone like Adam Pacman Jones could ever even comprehend.  

WTF?

Here, I found a short article that might help you understand why the phrase in bold above makes no sense:

http://classroom.synonym.com/difference-between-fascism-liberal-democracy-5556.html
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2017, 08:56 AM)djam Wrote: I doubt the NFL will punish someone for insulting police officers. I dont think the commish likes police either, base on his history and his obvious fascist/liberal leanings. But no doubt Pacman should be cut, period.

Whoa now. The commish may be a total doosh, but that kind of accusation is a low blow even for him. Ninja

(01-29-2017, 04:13 PM)Rhinocero23 Wrote: Mike Brown has no loyalty. This is a fabrication developed by MB apologist to explain his miserly ways and horrible leadership.

He has no loyalty to the fans, players, coaches or members of his organization who are driven to winning.    

What looks like loyalty to people on the surface could just be loyalty to $. I wonder how the salaries of these lifer assistants compares to their counterparts across the league.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote