Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Pacman goes off
He shares a similar opinion of many on this board

"Y'all need to fix the coaching staff. Special teams suck. The defensive coordinators need to be fired," Jones said on Instagram. "The best f------ three technique playing f------ nose guard. I ain't ever seen Geno (Atkins) line up over the center. Never in my entire f------ career. Geno over the f------ center every f------ play now."

"The DBs, y'all playing catch and tackle. They must be teaching y'all that s--- too," Jones continued. "But then y'all are cutting (traded) Carlos (Dunlap). I understand what y'all are doing, but I don't. Y'all are giving up the season I guess. The Bengals won't win but one more game.

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/adam-jones-rips-bengals-coaches

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Wow, he didnt hold back. Not a good look for Lou at all, combined with the no QB pressure and defensive meltdown the last couple weeks.
Reply/Quote
Hard to argue with anything he said.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Perhaps Adam Jones should give coaching a try, rather than just being background noise?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 11:04 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Perhaps Adam Jones should give coaching a try, rather than just being background noise?

Agree. WTF was that rant anyway? He's not even on the team. If he's going to ***** about someone else decisions, he should start with himself. How can a player who pissed away a playoff victory over the steelers because of his temper ***** about anyone else, EVER! Such a dumbass has-been who thinks people give 2 shits about anything he says is laughable. SMH. 

Reply/Quote
Ah. I remember pac man.

He had some nice returns.

He also had like a personal foul every game.

I’m ok with him just being white noise.
Reply/Quote
He ain’t wrong.
Reply/Quote
Need to take a look at himself before he mouths off about others
Reply/Quote
Who the hell cares what he says?
Reply/Quote
Since Pac Man left this defense is missing that edge that fire.
Love or hate Jones this defense played with a tenacious
Identity. Lou's defense is totally void of swaggger and fire
Those defenses with PacMan set the tone
Other AFC North teams knew win or loss Pac and Tez
We're gonna ball out. Nothing cheap nothing for free.
BROWNS STEELERS RAVENS EARNED EVERY YARD AND TD VS THOSE DEFENSES.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 11:10 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Agree. WTF was that rant anyway? He's not even on the team. If he's going to ***** about someone else decisions, he should start with himself. How can a player who pissed away a playoff victory over the steelers because of his temper ***** about anyone else, EVER! Such a dumbass has-been who thinks people give 2 shits about anything he says is laughable. SMH. 

Probably just defending his friend who was getting roasted by some local folks who were toeing the Mike Brown line. Keep in mind they joined the Bengals at the same time and played together for 8 years...

[Image: 252e0716e1f8326b57a1ee2ca850ea2a--cincin...ht-end.jpg]

Also I will be the first to admit that he needed to control his temper at times, but Jeremy Hill fumbling is what lost that playoff game, not Adam Jones shoving a Steelers coach who walked out onto the field and into the Bengals huddle in order to start shit.

- - - - - - - - - -

[Image: tenor.gif]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Not sure what his attack on Special teams was for...

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Aside from the obvious issues in his approach, he is actually wrong on two fronts. Geno Atkins is not lining up at nose guard every play. Also he has lined up at nose tackle in the past shading over the center specifically when they used to kick Dunlap inside to play some DT on rushing downs early in their careers. Funny enough, they ran more 4 man fronts this week then I had seen them run all season it felt like.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 11:03 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Hard to argue with anything he said.

I’m going to argue with us not winning one more game all season. Not sure I agree our ST suck either. The rest though...

Reply/Quote
He lost me on the ST also.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 11:30 AM)jj22 Wrote: Not sure what his attack on Special teams was for...

Gotta assume he doesn’t think much of Erickson as the punt returner.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 11:35 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote: He lost me on the ST also.

Bengals ARE actually struggling against kickoff returns this year, allowing the 4th most yards on KR at 28.8 yards. That's 7.7 yards more than last year and 6.1 yards more than the year before that.

Of course it needs to be pointed out that there hasn't been a whole lot of KR against the Bengals yet, so one good one can skew the numbers, but even a lack of returns isn't particularly good when a touchback puts it on the 25.

(5th least on PR, though, which is very good.)

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I just rewatched all the pre-snap formations, Geno only played over the center on the last drive of the game where we were playing dollar personnel so it was a 3 man front with wide rushers. Every other snap he took before that drive he was playing 3 technique. I am not sure what Pacman is freaking out about here.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 11:41 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: Gotta assume he doesn’t think much of Erickson as the punt returner.

As much as it irritates me that Jones is just running his mouth, I do miss the sense of excitement that I felt when he was back there to receive a punt.  

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 11:23 AM)impactplaya Wrote: Since Pac Man left this defense is missing that edge that fire.
Love or hate Jones this defense played with a tenacious
Identity. Lou's defense is totally void of swaggger and fire
Those defenses with PacMan set the tone
Other AFC North teams knew win or loss Pac and Tez
We're gonna ball out. Nothing cheap nothing for free.
BROWNS STEELERS RAVENS EARNED EVERY YARD AND TD VS THOSE DEFENSES.

Exactly....say what you will about him ..but I miss the edge, fire and swagger him and Tez and yes Im going to say it...D Kirk brought to every game....Who do we have on D that is like that?? Nobody yet that I can think of...other than Von Bell 
Reply/Quote