Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Palmer wins a playoff game before we do under Lewis
(01-17-2016, 05:52 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: bengals had a Int and two fumbles against Steelers and had the lead with little time left.. I would say they did not fold last week but lost... 

Yup.......one out of seven ain't bad. Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 06:03 PM)McC Wrote: Very true.  It's thirteen years later and he's still trying to cement his legacy.

Screwus is too....for a couple years longer....and he STILL hasn't won in the postseason.

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 06:09 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: Palmer is playing in the NFC championship  game and the Homers are still arguing whether lewis is a good coach and Andy is an elite QB.  Stop embarrassing yourselves.   Our season is over in case you didn't notice.   Lewis lost control of HIS team in his seventh futile playoff effort and Dalton threw one of the worst passes of the year and got himself hurt in the process.   That's why were watching instead of playing.  

I'm happy for palmer.   He'll always be a bengal to me.

To be fair to Andy.....Palmer was doing similar things here and was doo doo in the post season under Mediocre Marv as well.  5 QBs.....one result.  Think about it.....

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 05:24 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Because if coaching is the only possible reason that a team can win in the playoffs then how do you explain Arians beating McCarthy.  Arians had never won a playof game before (just like Marvin) yet he beat a coach who has 7 playoff wins including a Super Bowl.

In case you still don't get it, the fact that Arians beat McCarthy proves that coaching is NOT the oniy reason teams win playoff games.

Wasn't this his first playoff year with his starting QB?

Isn't this is second playoff year as a head coach?

Doesn't Arians have multiple SB rings and playoff wins as an assistant coach?

Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 12:28 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Wasn't this his first playoff year with his starting QB?

Arians also took over a 5-11 squad.  The guy is a 3rd year HC and got 1 crack at the playoffs with his starting QB and won it.  Also, he's won 10,11, and 13 games.  Marvin has never missed the playoffs when he's notched 9 or more wins.  Anyways, I'm not here to puff up Arians (though it makes the Steelers look stupid for forcing him out), but changing coaches can be a step in the right direction.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 02:07 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Why is using facts considered "bashing" by you? I'm not saying CP was a hero last night or anything (I think he was "ok"), but lets be honest.

The performance we saw from CP last night was better than any QB performance we've seen in any of the 7 playoff games, and judging on how some reacted to that less-than-mediocre showing from McCarron, they would've built a statue for him if he threw for 349 and 3 TDs in a playoff game.

Turnovers in the red zone would not have gotten anyone a statue. And the expectations for AJM is slightly different than they are for CP or Andy.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 12:32 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Turnovers in the red zone would not have gotten anyone a statue.     And the expectations for AJM is slightly different than they are for CP or Andy.

Bengals got Andy for a 2nd
Bengals got AJM for a 5th
Cardinals got CP for a 6th

Carson's draft status in 2003 isn't all that relevant anymore.  The past is the past, new years and new teams and blah blah blah.  Cardinals got a steal in Palmer, not unlike they did with Warner.  All you need to do is look at the Steelers and how banged up and crappy they were today to show you that playoff wins can be ugly and costly.

A win is a win.  If Andy Dalton posted a 3TD to 2INT 92rating performance in a win I would say we'd all be going ape...and rightly so.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 11:57 PM)Wyche Wrote: To be fair to Andy.....Palmer was doing similar things here and was doo doo in the post season under Mediocre Marv as well.  5 QBs.....one result.  Think about it.....

Oh I wholeheartedly agree!  It pisses me off that we're still trying to get a playoff win 13 years after Lewis got here and 24 years after SOP took over.  People bag on Palmer for wanting out after giving it his all.  Mikey screws him and sends him to the Raiders where he's stuck in that disaster for a couple years.  He finally gets going again and his knee gives out.  He comes back the next year and tears it up and ends up in the NFC championship game!  

People here shit on him for leaving.  Why?  Because he wanted away from Lewis and his b.s. that still plagues this team?  Didn't people watch last week's game?  Now do you understand why Palmer left?

If Arizona makes the super bowl, he'll be the only "Bengal" on the field and I'll be cheering him on!  Think about it people.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 01:30 AM)2MinutesHate Wrote: Oh I wholeheartedly agree!  It pisses me off that we're still trying to get a playoff win 13 years after Lewis got here and 24 years after SOP took over.  People bag on Palmer for wanting out after giving it his all.  Mikey screws him and sends him to the Raiders where he's stuck in that disaster for a couple years.  He finally gets going again and his knee gives out.  He comes back the next year and tears it up and ends up in the NFC championship game!  

People here shit on him for leaving.  Why?  Because he wanted away from Lewis and his b.s. that still plagues this team?  Didn't people watch last week's game?  Now do you understand why Palmer left?

If Arizona makes the super bowl, he'll be the only "Bengal" on the field and I'll be cheering him on!  Think about it people.

Don't forget Gresham and Rucker...  Ninja

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 04:56 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Don't forget Gresham and Rucker...  Ninja

I don't think Gresham will be on the field. He will be sitting on the bench though.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 12:28 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Wasn't this his first playoff year with his starting QB?

But you don't realize how this works.  You can't look at injuries as an excuse.  That is not allowed.

And Marvin has just as many Super Bowl rings as Arians.
Reply/Quote

Ssssshhhhhhhh!!!!!! You're ruining the narrative with good, common sense.

(01-18-2016, 12:30 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Arians also took over a 5-11 squad.  The guy is a 3rd year HC and got 1 crack at the playoffs with his starting QB and won it.  Also, he's won 10,11, and 13 games.  Marvin has never missed the playoffs when he's notched 9 or more wins.  Anyways, I'm not here to puff up Arians (though it makes the Steelers look stupid for forcing him out), but changing coaches can be a step in the right direction.

Yup.  Apparently Marv gets 14......at least.

(01-18-2016, 01:30 AM)2MinutesHate Wrote: Oh I wholeheartedly agree!  It pisses me off that we're still trying to get a playoff win 13 years after Lewis got here and 24 years after SOP took over.  People bag on Palmer for wanting out after giving it his all.  Mikey screws him and sends him to the Raiders where he's stuck in that disaster for a couple years.  He finally gets going again and his knee gives out.  He comes back the next year and tears it up and ends up in the NFC championship game!  

Exactly.  I don't even know if it's all on Marv at this point.  I mean, he has been saddled with coaches that have been here since the Shula days.  A lot of the coaches he has brought in, are gone to other teams.....the Merry Band of Tenured Bums?  Still here.  I put some on Marv, but more on Son of Paul.

Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 11:52 AM)Wyche Wrote: Ssssshhhhhhhh!!!!!! You're ruining the narrative with good, common sense.

So let me get this straight.  Injuries are an excuse for Arians, but not Marvin Lewis?

Where is the common sense in that?

And all of you are still ignoring that McCarthy has had a lot more playoff wins than Arians so therefore he is automatically a better coach because post season wins are the only way to judge a coach.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 12:32 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So let me get this straight.  Injuries are an excuse for Arians, but not Marvin Lewis?

Where is the common sense in that?

And all of you are still ignoring that McCarthy has had a lot more playoff wins than Arians so therefore he is automatically a better coach because post season wins are the only way to judge a coach.

fred.....I don't know how to make this any simpler.....when it comes to 14 years and an 0-7 postseason record......YES, that's exactly how you judge one.  Look at Jim Mora......and Marv just passed him. Mellow

.....but keep grasping at straws here, taking EVERYTHING out of context, it's quite entertaining. ThumbsUp

As for injuries, he gets a pass last year, and that's it. He's had 5 different QBs, one result. AJM was playing good enough ball to win, and in fact, had us in position to win that game.....then we Marvined it away.

Reply/Quote
Palmer played horrible, hell his last drive before overtime was luck, should have been picked off twice and then watch that last touchdown that was deflected.

But yeah Palmers MVP for the stat watchers
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 12:46 PM)Element Wrote: Palmer played horrible, hell his last drive before overtime was luck, should have been picked off twice and then watch that last touchdown that was deflected.

It was a pretty bad game....but the rest of the team showed up and carried his weight.....that doesn't happen here when our QB has an off night.  I think that's the point here.....

Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 12:46 PM)Element Wrote: Palmer played horrible, hell his last drive before overtime was luck, should have been picked off twice and then watch that last touchdown that was deflected.

I accept your premise and conclude that Marvin Lewis is simply bad luck for his QBs, then.  
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 12:35 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Bengals got Andy for a 2nd
Bengals got AJM for a 5th
Cardinals got CP for a 6th

Carson's draft status in 2003 isn't all that relevant anymore.  The past is the past, new years and new teams and blah blah blah.  Cardinals got a steal in Palmer, not unlike they did with Warner.  All you need to do is look at the Steelers and how banged up and crappy they were today to show you that playoff wins can be ugly and costly.

A win is a win.  If Andy Dalton posted a 3TD to 2INT 92rating performance in a win I would say we'd all be going ape...and rightly so.

You know, there's been numerous times that I've commented on Andy having a not so great game after a win.  I know one was when we beat the Browns last year.  He posted a 117 yard, 0 TD, 1 INT performance.  Good for a 53 QB rating.  You know how much flack I got for pointing out that he didn't play well?  And almost every person used a phrase similar to "he found a way to win" and/or "winning is all that matters".

Some of those same people are the first to point out that Carson got lucky or played poorly.  So just to recap:

Andy Dalton vs Browns. 117 yards, 0 TD's, 1 INT, 53 rating. = Finds a way to win.  Gutty performance.

Carson Palmer vs Green Bay (to go NFC Championship).  349 yards, 3 TD's, 2 INT, 92 rating = Got lucky, looked like shit.

The level of butthurt with some is amazing.  And the hypocrisy seen on these boards is almost too much at times.  I can only imagine the backlash someone would face if they used the same descriptions used for Palmer's performance for an Andy Dalton game in the postseason. 

Andy wins a game to go to the conference championship, and it throws for 350 yards and 3 TD's.  Leads us a late 4th quarter drive that should have won the game.  Then proceeds to leads on another in OT to win the game.  I get on here and point how lucky he was or that AJ Green won the game.  I wonder how that would go over?   Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 01:28 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I accept your premise and conclude that Marvin Lewis is simply bad luck for his QBs, then.  

I'm sure it will work out ok next year though. Nervous
Reply/Quote

He found a way to win. Ninja
Reply/Quote