Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Palmer wins a playoff game before we do under Lewis
(01-17-2016, 01:41 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: The way CP played allowed a team they blew out a couple weeks ago take them to OT.  

I hate to get in the way of your mike brown/marvin lewis/bengals bashing.   But CP wasn't good last night and his team won in spite of him.

Second match ups are always tougher.  Just ask the Seahawks regarding the Vikings, or the Pats when they ran into the Giants in the Super Bowl after beating them in the regular season.  And really, Aaron Rodgers was not going to play poorly again.  The sad truth is Carson's "poor" game was better than anything we've gotten from the QB position in the Playoffs since he left.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
Palmer is playing in the NFC championship game and the Homers are still arguing whether lewis is a good coach and Andy is an elite QB. Stop embarrassing yourselves. Our season is over in case you didn't notice. Lewis lost control of HIS team in his seventh futile playoff effort and Dalton threw one of the worst passes of the year and got himself hurt in the process. That's why were watching instead of playing.

I'm happy for palmer. He'll always be a bengal to me.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 06:02 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Pretty simple to me when I view Palmer tenure in Cincinnati.. A disappointment.. He came in as #1 pick in NFL.. we put some very good weapons around him.. he ended up having a losing record as a starter for Bengals but did take them to playoffs twice where we went 0-2.  Many are critical of Dalton for lack of leadership in his first few years.. well I think Palmer seemed less of a leader than Dalton during his time here.

He went to Oakland and did not have success there either.. I am glad he is having success at Azrizona and hope they make it to the Super Bowl..but in the big picture he has underachieved as the #1 pick of the NFL draft in 2003.  

He took the Raiders to 8-8 his first year there. That's basically the same as winning a Super Bowl for the Patriots. Doing it with Michael Bush as his lead rusher and Heyward-Bey as his leading receiver basically put him into Jesus walking on water territory. Lol

His second year actually wasn't that bad. He put up his best QB Rating at the time since 2007 with a bunch of turds surrounding him.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 04:17 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So if coaching is the ONLY thing that matters then how was Arians, who had NEVER won a playoff game, able to beat McCarthy who has 7 playoff wins and a Super Bowl ring?

Who said coaching is the only thing that matters?  (You're doing it again)
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 06:10 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: He took the Raiders to 8-8 his first year there. That's basically the same as winning a Super Bowl for the Patriots. Doing it with Michael Bush as his lead rusher and Heyward-Bey as his leading receiver basically put him into Jesus walking on water territory. Lol

His second year actually wasn't that bad. He put up his best QB Rating at the time since 2007 with a bunch of turds surrounding him.

still not moving the bar of success for a #1 overall pick.. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 06:06 PM)Joelist Wrote: It also helps when the zebras just ignore flagrant OPI that even the pro Cardinal announcers noted. Had they caught it then there is no TD for AZ to put them in front late in the fourth quarter.

Overall the quality of the officiating in the playoffs this year has been appalling.

Easily the truest, most unassailable point in this thread.  The refs have been as bad as the replacement refs were.  Supposedly, the zebras in these games are the best of the best.  They're pathetic, and the review process has been an abomination.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 06:06 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Never said he won it for them, but he certainly helped more than hurt.

-He had a positive TD to INT ratio. (Never happened in 7 games under Lewis)
-He wasn't wildly inaccurate and managed a completion over 60.0% (Never happened in 7 games under Lewis)
-He didn't dink and dunk for under 6.0 YPA. (Happened 2 times in 7 games under Lewis. 6.1 in 2011, 6.5 in 2013)
-He had a QB Rating over 70. (Never happened in 7 games under Lewis)

So yes, compared to Bengals performances under Lewis, he was freaking amazing. He'd go down in Lewis postseason history legend for those stats.

He still looked kinda jumpy and had several WTF moments.  That much hasn't changed since '09.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 05:54 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Pure butthurt.  People can't stand that Palmer is having more success in Zona than he ever did in Cincy.  That, and putting up better stats and passer ratings than Dalton.  Palmer didn't play great, but he still played better than any Bengals QB in the Playoffs since Palmer left.  Pure butthurt.

I've actually stood up for Palmer in this thread, but Dalton's season was just as good as Palmer's before he went down and Dalton's rating was actually better than Palmer's. As for the playoffs, Palmer sucked ass in 2009 against the Jets, so lets not pretend that didn't happen. If Dalton left here, he'd probably suddenly appear "clutch" or at least much better than he was here. Palmer is the proof. People just want to hate Dalton. Open your eyes.

(01-17-2016, 06:10 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: He took the Raiders to 8-8 his first year there. That's basically the same as winning a Super Bowl for the Patriots. Doing it with Michael Bush as his lead rusher and Heyward-Bey as his leading receiver basically put him into Jesus walking on water territory. Lol

Well in fairness he was 4-5 as a starter that year. They were 4-3 without him.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Good for Palmer, but do not care.

Picked them to be in SB last season because of there defense being so good and having a decent offense. Am always a year late with my predictions it seems.

Not defending Lewis although it will sound as so.

But not going to hang when Palmer got hurt, or this years loss without starting QB on Lewis. Think if Dalton plays we are still playing. Pretty much knew when both were hurt it was not going to be in the Cards. Were very young in Dalton and AJ's first few years with many on here that are thumping chests claiming Bengals could not even win 4 games. Then were brutalized by injuries last season as well.

2009 season is the only one that believe we have no excuse for.

Thought 05 and this season were our best teams by far but both lost QB's stalling our engines in each.

Just got to break that curse somehow. Really indifferent about if Marvin gets replaced or not. Wanted it to be handed to Zimmer but glad it was not given to Hue. He drafts very well and for the record drafted Carson too.

Congratulations to Palmer but he will always be a quitter to me. But am over it and used to live in AZ so hope he gets it done for all my friends. Am wagering on Cam though.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 06:13 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: still not moving the bar of success for a #1 overall pick.. 

Maybe he shouldn't have been the first overall pick.  Our "GM" should have let the Bears or Jets have him.  Lord knows both of those franchises dragged lousy QBs to multiple playoff wins and even the Super Bowl.  Coulda traded down.  Didn't (as usual).  Got disappointed.

So it goes.

2006-2012: ALL THAT MATTERS ARE WINS!!!!!
2013-2015: PALMER DOESN'T DESERVE THOSE WINS!!!!!
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 06:11 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Who said coaching is the only thing that matters?  (You're doing it again)

(01-17-2016, 03:55 PM)Wyche Wrote: Palmer had two picks....the difference? The Cards didn't fold, the Bengals do.  It's the coaching. PERIOD.

So, Wes, what exactly did you mean by "doing it again"?

Owning you?
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 07:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So, Wes, what exactly did you mean by "doing it again"?

This, I assume:

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 10:20 PM)Nately120 Wrote: This, I assume:

One of the few Beach Boys songs I actually like.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Fact is this team would have won multiple playoff games with Palmer a long time ago.

He quit on us so that's his problem.

I fully support Andy Dalton
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 05:40 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I sure wish the Bengals could have a 61% completion, 349 yard, 8.5 YPA, positive TD/INT ratio, 92.4 QB Rating poor showing, then. Get a QB to play that "poorly" to support the Bengals D and they'll easily win a game.

Didn't even need a running game. 19 carries, 40 yards.

This 
Reply/Quote
Gratz to Palmer. Sorry for Lewis. But I long ago stopped listening to the excuses why the Bengals lost again this year.

It doesn't matter why the Cards won, the fact remains that they found a way and Lewis is 0-7.

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 11:21 PM)Ricky Spanish Wrote: Fact is this team would have won multiple playoff games with Palmer a long time ago.

He quit on us so that's his problem.

I fully support Andy Dalton

I'm skeptical of this one.  Palmer wasn't anything special for a while when he left town, and if he doesn't leave town many of the changes that made us better don't take place.  
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 07:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So, Wes, what exactly did you mean by "doing it again"?

Owning you?

You ARE doing it again.  Totally out of context.  Yes....the difference in Palmer's resurgence and his failures here is a staff riddled with complacency , nepotism , and lack of accountability versus one brought in to replace losers. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 05:24 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Because if coaching is the only possible reason that a team can win in the playoffs then how do you explain Arians beating McCarthy.  Arians had never won a playof game before (just like Marvin) yet he beat a coach who has 7 playoff wins including a Super Bowl.

In case you still don't get it, the fact that Arians beat McCarthy proves that coaching is NOT the oniy reason teams win playoff games.

......big reason they lose em though......

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 05:19 PM)Roland Wrote: Nonsense.  The defense played well all game (until the last play) and the offense had already started moving the ball and were in scoring position before the Shazier foul. 
If you can't tell the intensity ramped up after that play.....we were down 15-0....then I don't know what to tell you.

Reply/Quote