Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Panic Mode
Are the boards in a full on panic mode yet?

I know a couple posters have got to be freaking out about now but what about everyone else?
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 08:50 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Are the boards in a full on panic mode yet?

I know a couple posters have got to be freaking out about now but what about everyone else?

If they can figure out LB somehow I’ll feel a hell of a lot better. Also need to resign Dennard.
Reply/Quote
I'd say most of the optimism is gone.

This appears to be a rutterless ship.
Reply/Quote
Not panic mode, just “seems about right” mode.

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 08:51 PM)Au165 Wrote: If they can figure out LB somehow I’ll feel a hell of a lot better. Also need to resign Dennard.

Hardy Nickerson 3 year $27 million coming any minute now! 
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 08:51 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I'd say most of the optimism is gone.

This appears to be a rutterless ship.

(03-11-2019, 08:51 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Not panic mode, just “seems about right” mode.

Pretty much this^

I was happy when Marvin was let go, excited when we hired Taylor, the uninspiring hires on the rest of the coaching staff brought me down a bit but was still in wait and see mode. Signing Hart for 3 years $21 mil essentially guaranteeing the same OL we had last year has me back down to where I was when Marvin was coach. Same old, same old. We ain’t going anywhere.

On the bright side I feel like Pitt and Baltimore will suck too so we’ve got that going for us smh
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
We haven't gotten any worse. I get $7 Mil is high for what Hart has shown to date, but if he can be at least serviceable we have a bargain for a 24 year old olineman. So no, I'm not panicking. If we can get one starting caliber player under 30 in FA I'll be happy. Of course I'm easier to please than most.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 09:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We haven't gotten any worse. I get $7 Mil is high for what Hart has shown to date, but if he can be at least serviceable we have a bargain for a 24 year old olineman. So no, I'm not panicking. If we can get one starting caliber player under 30 in FA I'll be happy. Of course I'm easier to please than most.

We're paying Hart like a top 10 RT. Even if he's serviceable, we could have got him for less.
Reply/Quote
I wasn't expecting much from the Bengals and I don't get mad when the Bengals don't sign players to these crazy first day contracts. Signing Dennard and a good/ decent young linebacker and addressing RT early in the draft would have made me happy. However the Hart signing will more than likely derail all that. I'm panicked don't know how you cant be after the Hart signing.
Reply/Quote
Landon Collins just signed with he Redskins. Damn. I was hoping something like that for FA signing.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Hart shouldn't even be in the league let alone getting paid 7 mil a year. Whoever his agent is should get Employee of the decade.
Reply/Quote
So far: 

OK with the 2nd round tender on Hopkins. 
I actually really liked the Uzomah deal. 
The Hart contract gave me diarrhea.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 08:50 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Are the boards in a full on panic mode yet?

Well fans in here told us ML was the issue, so I am sure Taylor loved Hart and why he paid him.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Some of you guys are nuts lol. Panic mode already? Really?
Reply/Quote
This is typical Bengals operations here. Anyone panicking over this hasn’t been a fan for more than a couple of weeks.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 09:31 PM)NKURyan Wrote: Some of you guys are nuts lol. Panic mode already? Really?

The line is the #1 reason we've had 3 consecutive losing seasons. We're trying to keep that line intact from the looks of it.

So, yeah...people are panicking. Maybe we draft somebody...but then we have a $7 million dollar backup?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 09:45 PM)HuDey Wrote: This is typical Bengals operations here. Anyone panicking over this hasn’t been a fan for more than a couple of weeks.

If someone smacks you in the shin with a crowbar once every year, you may know it's coming, but it still sucks.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 10:10 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: The line is the #1 reason we've had 3 consecutive losing seasons. We're trying to keep that line intact from the looks of it.

So, yeah...people are panicking. Maybe we draft somebody...but then we have a $7 million dollar backup?

And as Kat Terrell put it...

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 09:00 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Pretty much this^

I was happy when Marvin was let go, excited when we hired Taylor, the uninspiring hires on the rest of the coaching staff brought me down a bit but was still in wait and see mode. Signing Hart for 3 years $21 mil essentially guaranteeing the same OL we had last year has me back down to where I was when Marvin was coach. Same old, same old. We ain’t going anywhere.

On the bright side I feel like Pitt and Baltimore will suck too so we’ve got that going for us smh

Considering players account for 70% of where the victory comes from and 30% from the coaches (imo), I would say like you say "We ain't going anywhere".

Dead Horse Signing Hart for 3 years $21 mil  Dead Horse
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 10:14 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: And as Kat Terrell put it...

Exactly...and from what Hobs said in his latest article, Jim Turner is in love with Hart and his "energy". 

That's your starting RT for the foreseeable future. Just makes me wonder what we're going to do in the draft.
Reply/Quote