Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Parenting and Lying
(05-01-2016, 01:20 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: you never answered whether you would let your son play on the softball team?   You think he should be able to play since there is no boys softball team.  

Try asking a question that deserves an answer.

Meanwhile I will keep owning you with comments like the one about Mo'ne Davis.
(05-01-2016, 01:28 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Try asking a question that deserves an answer.

Meanwhile I will keep owning you with comments like the one about Mo'ne Davis.

Oh so girls deserve to play baseball on a boys team but boys do not deserve to play on a girls softball team.....   Gotcha 

When there is a girls baseball league I will allow my girls to play.   Once again for me it isn't about the sport.... I do not believe in co-Ed sports.   I think it takes away from participation and further suppresses girls opportunity 
(05-01-2016, 01:40 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I do not believe in co-Ed sports.   I think it takes away from participation and further suppresses girls opportunity 

I know.  That is exactly what I have been saying all along.  You are forcing your beliefs on your daughters.
(05-01-2016, 01:40 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: When there is a girls baseball league I will allow my girls to play.   Once again for me it isn't about the sport.... I do not believe in co-Ed sports.   I think it takes away from participation and further suppresses girls opportunity 

Sounds like youre suppressing your girl's opportunity to play.
(05-01-2016, 02:45 PM)NBeaker Wrote: Sounds like youre suppressing your girl's opportunity to play.

How's that?   I welcome any participation with girls.  That's the whole point of girls sports and boy sports.   If we make all sports co-Ed we won't kill boys sports ..... We will however kill girls opportunity because even a low level boy can outplay a high level girl.    

I will ask you the same as I asked Fred.   Will you let your son play softball....  
(05-01-2016, 02:12 PM)YOfredtoast Wrote: I know.  That is exactly what I have been saying all along.  You are forcing your beliefs on your daughters.

You mean the beliefs that everyone should get a chance to participate?   Letting 
Sports go co-Ed kills the female athlete.    

I have a belief that girls should have an athletic outlet where they can compete on level playing field.   If we allow crossover then say goodbye to girls basketball, softball, track, golf, tennis, soccer, etc.   yes everyone is in favour of girls playing football but they don't consider the flip side.  
(05-01-2016, 05:23 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: You mean the beliefs that everyone should get a chance to participate?   Letting 
Sports go co-Ed kills the female athlete.    

I have a belief that girls should have an athletic outlet where they can compete on level playing field.   If we allow crossover then say goodbye to girls basketball, softball, track, golf, tennis, soccer, etc.   yes everyone is in favour of girls playing football but they don't consider the flip side.  

Again, I understand your beliefs.

They just don't match with reality and you are forcing them on your daughters.  Young girls have been playing with boys on soccer, basketball, and baseball teams for years with no damage to womens sports.  Now they are even wrestling and playing football.
(05-01-2016, 06:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: TThe F
Again, I understand your beliefs.

They just don't match with reality and you are forcing them on your daughters.  Young girls have been playing with boys on soccer, basketball, and baseball teams for years with no damage to womens sports.  Now they are even wrestling and playing football.

I can't control what other parents allow or do not allow.   Parents should be passing beliefs down .... It's called parenting.  You want to constantly make the girls playing with boys on boys teams ..... Like you are some social justice warrior.   Yet you conviently never discuss letting boys play on girls teams.....  Are you fair or just 1 sided? 
(05-01-2016, 06:55 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote:  Parents should be passing beliefs down .... It's called parenting.  You want to constantly make the girls playing with boys on boys teams  

Parents should "share" their beliefs with their children.  They should not "force" anything on them.

The only issues where parents should force children do things is when it effects their health, safety, or well being.  Other than that you should tell your children how you feel and why you feel that way, but you should not force your beliefs on your children.

I would never make a girl play on a boys team, but if she wanted to I would let her.
(05-01-2016, 07:33 PM)Ufredtoast Wrote: Parents should "share" their beliefs with their children.  They should not "force" anything on them.

The only issues where parents should force children do things is when it effects their health, safety, or well being.  Other than that you should tell your children how you feel and why you feel that way, but you should not force your beliefs on your children.

I would never make a girl play on a boys team, but if she wanted to I would let her.

Have you not realized its a safety issue?    You just confirmed why I should do exactly what I am doing.    I guess not doing it would be an health, safety, or well being concern.   

So you would let your boy play on a girls team then?   Or are you still conviently avoiding this part of the equation?    Or maybe we should let our girls and boys play in the adaptive level sports as well. 

Parenting isn't a partnership with the children.   I am not here to be Daddy Moonbeam, I am here to set a standard they can count on and carry with them.   Sorry if safety isnt important to you.  
(05-01-2016, 10:04 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Have you not realized its a safety issue?    You just confirmed why I should do exactly what I am doing.    I guess not doing it would be an health, safety, or well being concern. 

Sorry if safety isnt important to you.  

Just as many girls get injured playing against other girls as they do playing against boys. 

If you raise your kids wrapped in bubble wrap they will never get by in the real world.
(05-01-2016, 10:33 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Just as many girls get injured playing against other girls as they do playing against boys. 

If you raise your kids wrapped in bubble wrap they will never get by in the real world.

Everyone be nice to Fred.
He has an emotional grudge against a protective childhood for a reason.

[Image: 002.jpg]
(05-01-2016, 05:19 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: How's that?   I welcome any participation with girls.  That's the whole point of girls sports and boy sports.   If we make all sports co-Ed we won't kill boys sports ..... We will however kill girls opportunity because even a low level boy can outplay a high level girl.    

I will ask you the same as I asked Fred.   Will you let your son play softball....  

I dont have a son. But if I did, he could play any sport he wanted.
(05-01-2016, 10:33 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Just as many girls get injured playing against other girls as they do playing against boys. 

It is amazing that you do not understand the difference between boys and girls.    Hint: it's just not private parts.  

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/8477683/
(05-01-2016, 11:13 PM)Beaker Wrote: I dont have a son. But if I did, he could play any sport he wanted.

Yeah that's easy to say now.   But watching him go out and slaughter a bunch of girls in softball ....   You would be ok with that?  

I don't have a son but if I did and he told me he wanted to play softball I would take him to baseball tryouts and let him know this is where men play.  
Forget sports, Lucie.

What are you going to do if your daughter says she is gay and only wants to date other girls?
(05-01-2016, 11:13 PM)Beaker Wrote: I dont have a son. But if I did, he could play any sport he wanted.

Field hockey and synchronized swimming needs dudes too 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(05-01-2016, 11:45 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Forget sports, Lucie.

What are you going to do if your daughter says she is gay and only wants to date other girls?

Oh yes now let's go to this lol.   

How old is she when she tells me this?  
(05-02-2016, 12:47 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: How old is she when she tells me this?  

Not sure how this got moved on to girls sports, but I would encourage people to stay on topic. If you want to discuss co-ed sports or gender roles, take it to another thread.

Thanks! ThumbsUp
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]