Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Paul Alexander reportedly out.
(01-03-2018, 08:32 PM)McC Wrote: Love Big Willie.  Who wouldn't?  But what is his coaching resume? 

Not that I wouldn't have faith in him, I suppose, but I want someone who has proven he can coach NFL linemen.  Problem with that is, all the good ones have jobs.  No successful one will make a lateral move. 

So you're getting someone's assistant.  That could be good, I guess, if you know how to pick an up and comer.  Whoever it is, my hope is that he is the anti-PA.

Same thing Lazor said about wanting someone who has proven he can coach NFL lineman, that is why i mentioned
McNally the main name being floated around. Maybe Willie can be a consultant to McNally and take over when he is
gone? McNally clearly knows his stuff better than PA, look at 2015 when he was the consultant.

(01-03-2018, 08:32 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Well if Takeo's brains are in his neck, he's probably the most brilliant football mind since Belichick.

No doubt lmao!

(01-03-2018, 08:39 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Remember Marvin's "Big Splash" statement about free agency 3 or 4 years ago ? Yet we went back to the bargain bin again !

I'm right there with ya buddy. I'm still in a holding pattern and will be until I see a lot more shaking and moving ! This team has to change the way it does business - period !

They have to really build the O-line back and that's gonna take free agency, they badly need a coverage LB, they need a safety, a real #2 wr and so on. They can't fix all of that in the draft.

And the core that's left doesn't have 3 or 4 years to wait.

We'll see if it's real in a few months

Yeah just have to wait and see on FA, we all know what has happened in the past.

Hard to believe this is anything but lip service.
Reply/Quote
Bodine, Ced, and Fisher's bungholes are as tight as prom dresses right now.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 04:01 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Bodine better not come back

If they get some competition for the spot and then give it to whomever is best I'm OK with him coming back (for a low price). He could be an acceptable backup. 

Reply/Quote
So happy I can cry
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 09:13 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: If they get some competition for the spot and then give it to whomever is best I'm OK with him coming back (for a low price). He could be an acceptable backup. 

Thats where i am too. Hate him as a starter. For vet minimum as a backup im on board. 

Offer him the minimum. If he is back ok. Beat the competition
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 09:17 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: So happy I can cry

Really made the Marv extension not taste so bad that is for sure. Smirk
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 09:59 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Really made the Marv extension not taste so bad that is for sure. Smirk

Now I’m waiting to hear Marvin is interviewing Jack Del Rio, Steve Spagnuolo, Jim Caldwell, Matt Patricia, and/or Chuck Pagano for defensive coordinator.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 10:02 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Now I’m waiting to hear Marvin is interviewing Jack Del Rio, Steve Spagnuolo, Jim Caldwell, Matt Patricia, and/or Chuck Pagano for defensive coordinator.

Wouldn't Spagnoulo and Patricia be just going from DC to DC? Spag was the HC in New York for a bit this year even.

Del Rio, Caldwell and Pagano are all possible though that is for sure.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 10:34 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Wouldn't Spagnoulo and Patricia be just going from DC to DC? Spag was the HC in New York for a bit this year even.

Del Rio, Caldwell and Pagano are all possible though that is for sure.

Caldwell is an offensive guy. I brain farted....
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 10:36 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Caldwell is an offensive guy.  I brain farted....

Yeah maybe you were thinking of Vance Joseph but he is still the Broncos HC.

Caldwell would of been in the running for our OC if we didn't immediately sign Lazor though.
Reply/Quote
Dare we dream?
[Image: 6zwk79.png]
Reply/Quote
Why in the world would someone give this thread a bad rating?? Fred must still be here...

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 09:59 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Really made the Marv extension not taste so bad that is for sure. Smirk

Definitely a spoon of sugar to go with that bitter pill.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Well he first move was a HR, now let's keep the ball rolling.

PA gone gives me a glimmer of hope though.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Problems of this team go far beyond PA right now. I wanted him gone as anyone else, but at the moment it is like one of those little circle band-aids trying to cover a gaping wound. So much more needs to be done with Marvin back to give me any hope at all. And even then, what hope is there considering he has had good enough teams in the past still crap the bed when it mattered the most.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 03:29 AM)Millhouse Wrote: Problems of this team go far beyond PA right now. I wanted him gone as anyone else, but at the moment it is like one of those little circle band-aids trying to cover a gaping wound. So much more needs to be done with Marvin back to give me any hope at all. And even then, what hope is there considering he has had good enough teams in the past still crap the bed when it mattered the most.

I agree with you.....but Piano Man was the BIGGEST problem.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 11:50 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Why in the world would someone give this thread a bad rating?? Fred must still be here...

[Image: i-dont-always-make-a-cavalry-charge-but-...no-man.jpg]

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 03:29 AM)Millhouse Wrote: Problems of this team go far beyond PA right now. I wanted him gone as anyone else, but at the moment it is like one of those little circle band-aids trying to cover a gaping wound. So much more needs to be done with Marvin back to give me any hope at all. And even then, what hope is there considering he has had good enough teams in the past still crap the bed when it mattered the most.

Right there beside you buddy,

I wanted ML and PA gone as much as any Bengals I guarantee you ! We got one and I'm confident he was a giant part of the problem around here.

But this team has to do a giant change in how they do business, change the culture, and get a winning attitude going. This team was a psycho circus going in several different directions with to many cooks spoiling the broth.

The only hope we have is that Mike has finally figured it out and is gonna let Marvin run the show ? We shall see
Reply/Quote

(01-04-2018, 10:46 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Right there beside you buddy,

I wanted ML and PA gone as much as any Bengals I guarantee you ! We got one and I'm confident he was a giant part of the problem around here.

But this team has to do a giant change in how they do business, change the culture, and get a winning attitude going. This team was a psycho circus going in several different directions with to many cooks spoiling the broth.

The only hope we have is that Mike has finally figured it out and is gonna let Marvin run the show ? We shall see

Still, we get a solid Offensive line that can run well and lots of things can change for the better around here.

My thoughts are now who is our next O-line coach? McNally? Big Willie are the two guys i have heard getting floated around and..

Who is our DC? If we can get Del Rio in here and have a more aggressive approach and get our guys stopping the run we could
be a tough team to beat. Have to run the ball and stop the run, we were terrible at both last season. Moving on from PA helps
one side, need to help the other. We weren't bad at rushing the passer last year.
Reply/Quote
I want our o line coach to teach our guys like the cowboys o line.
Reply/Quote