Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Pedophile Christian Pastors Caught in Child Sex Sting
(06-02-2016, 01:52 PM)Griever Wrote: ive come to the conclusion that i dont think i ever really believed. I just did the church stuff because its how i was raised and was what was expected of me. Once i got out on my own, and could make my own decisions, i chose to not bother with it anymore because i simply didnt believe

did that answer it? -shrug-

Kind of, but I won't really press it from here.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(06-02-2016, 01:56 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Kind of, but I won't really press it from here.

you can pm me if ya want
People suck
(06-02-2016, 12:05 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Thats the obvious trajectory this board has been on for quite some time.  Figured I might as well give in to that ideology.

That's the obvious trajectory this entire country is on. People claim to hate racism, sexism, and anti-religion stuff but continue to promote broad generalizations. It'd be great if we could judge people based on the individual, but that seems to be happening less and less.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
(06-02-2016, 12:52 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: We haven't really discussed that particular gospel, however I have discussed with some folks, maybe debated is the right word, whether or not Hell as a place exists, including Satan as he is perceived by many Christians, and if Hell exists is damnation eternal. It's been some very interesting discussion, to say the least.

I will just say that I do not agree with most Christians on these topics.

(06-02-2016, 01:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: My interpretation and understanding is 'Hell" is an eternal seperation from God. This is why we get words such as torment and anguish. There may be a loss of translation when desriptives such as lake of fire, ect... are used.

My personal belief, based on readingd, talks, and sermons is: The place (seperation from God) is eternal; however, the suffering may not be. Perhaps the non-believer goes to Hades (land of the dead) and serves a sentnece; during this sentence they realize that they will never be able to enter the Kingdom, and once their "sentence" is up they simply cease to exist (ash, dust).

My personal hope is that everyone has a final chance to repent.

I agree that the actual "physical" hell may not exist and it is merely the separation from God.
I also do not believe in an eternal damnation.
I cannot fathom a loving God insisting on such a thing.
Even if God is just a large amalgamation of our collective souls, I can see a purification process before reuniting.
[video=facebook]https://www.facebook.com/AwarenessAct/videos/1321301857884348/[/video]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(06-02-2016, 12:59 PM)Griever Wrote: the bible is pretty clear about what happens if you blaspheme agains the holy ghost

you wont be forgiven, ergo, you spend eternity in hell

That's not in as much debate as, whether it's still possible to do it today. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(06-06-2016, 01:16 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: That's not in as much debate as, whether it's still possible to do it today. 

oh im pretty sure its still possible today for those that actually believe such a thing
People suck