Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Pedophile Christian Pastors Caught in Child Sex Sting
(06-02-2016, 09:54 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Rejection of the Holy Spirit is unpardonable because you are not accepting Jesus as the savior of man. If you feel genuine remorse, guilt, what have you for sin then it is forgiven, even if you feel you are not worthy of the forgiveness. It is those that continue to sin, without remorse, that would find their sins unforgiven. At least that is the theological interpretations I have seen.

Mark 3:29

New International Version

but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven; they are guilty of an eternal sin."
People suck
(06-02-2016, 10:09 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Nope pretty sure this dude burns in your pretty little hell

(06-02-2016, 11:00 AM)Griever Wrote: Mark 3:29

but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven; they are guilty of an eternal sin."

This pretty much backs up my beliefs. First off if you truly repent the slate is "wiped clean". What you did prior to that is forgiven to include mocking god, ect...

The part that is open to interpretation is: What happens if you blaspheme after you are saved or never ask for salvation. In the former, this can be addressed through rededication. Some have a simply public admission, some may seek to be re-washed (baptisted), some may reconcile it in their heart.

If you do not do this or have never saught salvation then that sin is not forgiven on judgement day. This is why I say the ones that may spent a little time down south are blasphemers; others may simply be forgiven and you return to dust (cease to exisit). however, you will not enter the Kingdom of Heaven.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-02-2016, 10:09 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Nope pretty sure this dude burns in your pretty little hell

I am comfortable saying that someone has broken societal, moral, ethical, legal, and all sorts of other rules/laws/guidelines/norms by what they have done, including committing a sin. However, and I should have stipulated this on my previous post, it is not for man to determine what is truly forgivable or not when it comes to God, that is not our call.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(06-02-2016, 11:00 AM)Griever Wrote: Mark 3:29

I'm just providing you with the theological viewpoints I have read from scholars that have spent far more time over this particular issue than you or I.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Well this confirms it. All Christians are pedo's and scumbags. How anyone could call themselves a Christian after this is beyond me Mellow

Good to know we can now generalize all black people as criminals and all mexicans as illegal immigrants. Ninja
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
(06-02-2016, 12:01 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Well this confirms it. All Christians are pedo's and scumbags. How anyone could call themselves a Christian after this is beyond me  Mellow

Good to know we can now generalize all black people as criminals and all mexicans as illegal immigrants.  Ninja

Thats the obvious trajectory this board has been on for quite some time.  Figured I might as well give in to that ideology.
No fooling, but I glanced at the P&R page and for a split second I thought this said "Christian Ponder caught in child sex sting"
(06-02-2016, 12:05 PM)Nately120 Wrote: No fooling, but I glanced at the P&R page and for a split second I thought this said "Christian Ponder caught in child sex sting"

Well, now that its out there on the internet, must be true.
(06-02-2016, 11:34 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I'm just providing you with the theological viewpoints I have read from scholars that have spent far more time over this particular issue than you or I.

Have you ever discussed The Gospel of Judas with any of your brethren ?
I'm curious of the opinion regarding the fact that you only remain in hell long enough to atone for your sins and then Jesus retrieves you to take to Heaven.
(06-02-2016, 12:26 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Have you ever discussed The Gospel of Judas with any of your brethren ?
I'm curious of the opinion regarding the fact that you only remain in hell long enough to atone for your sins and then Jesus retrieves you to take to Heaven.

We haven't really discussed that particular gospel, however I have discussed with some folks, maybe debated is the right word, whether or not Hell as a place exists, including Satan as he is perceived by many Christians, and if Hell exists is damnation eternal. It's been some very interesting discussion, to say the least.

I will just say that I do not agree with most Christians on these topics.

(06-02-2016, 11:34 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I'm just providing you with the theological viewpoints I have read from scholars that have spent far more time over this particular issue than you or I.

it seems pretty clear what the bibles stance on it is though
People suck
(06-02-2016, 11:29 AM)bfine32 Wrote: This pretty much backs up my beliefs. First off if you truly repent the slate is "wiped clean". What you did prior to that is forgiven to include mocking god, ect...

The part that is open to interpretation is: What happens if you blaspheme after you are saved or never ask for salvation. In the former, this can be addressed through rededication. Some have a simply public admission, some may seek to be re-washed (baptisted), some may reconcile it in their heart.

If you do not do this or have never saught salvation then that sin is not forgiven on judgement day. This is why I say the ones that may spent a little time down south are blasphemers; others may simply be forgiven and you return to dust (cease to exisit). however, you will not enter the Kingdom of Heaven.

the bible is pretty clear about what happens if you blaspheme agains the holy ghost

you wont be forgiven, ergo, you spend eternity in hell
People suck
(06-02-2016, 12:58 PM)Griever Wrote: i went school for this and studied this as well

And? Are you a renowned theologian? There is a difference between going to school for it and studying it and it being your life's work.

(06-02-2016, 12:26 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Have you ever discussed The Gospel of Judas with any of your brethren ?

(06-02-2016, 12:52 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: We haven't really discussed that particular gospel, however I have discussed with some folks, maybe debated is the right word, whether or not Hell as a place exists, including Satan as he is perceived by many Christians, and if Hell exists is damnation eternal. It's been some very interesting discussion, to say the least.

I will just say that I do not agree with most Christians on these topics.

My interpretation and understanding is 'Hell" is an eternal seperation from God. This is why we get words such as torment and anguish. There may be a loss of translation when desriptives such as lake of fire, ect... are used.

My personal belief, based on readingd, talks, and sermons is: The place (seperation from God) is eternal; however, the suffering may not be. Perhaps the non-believer goes to Hades (land of the dead) and serves a sentnece; during this sentence they realize that they will never be able to enter the Kingdom, and once their "sentence" is up they simply cease to exist (ash, dust).

My personal hope is that everyone has a final chance to repent.

im torn between the baptist "once saved always saved" and the mormon "everyone who isnt super evil gets heaven, there are just 3 different levels of heaven"
People suck
(06-02-2016, 12:59 PM)Griever Wrote: the bible is pretty clear about what happens if you blaspheme agains the holy ghost

you wont be forgiven, ergo, you spend eternity in hell

Are you non-believer?

(06-02-2016, 01:07 PM)Griever Wrote: im torn between the baptist "once saved always saved" and the mormon "everyone who isnt super evil gets heaven, there are just 3 different levels of heaven"

Also you can baptize them mormon after they die to "help" them.  That's nice.   Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(06-02-2016, 01:07 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Are you non-believer?

im a born again non-believer

i grew up in the church, my dad was a pastor, and met my wife at a bible "college" in orlando FL
People suck
(06-02-2016, 01:47 PM)Griever Wrote: im a born again non-believer

i grew up in the church, my dad was a pastor, and met my wife at a bible "college" in orlando FL

Serious question, are you a non-believer, or are you "unchurched?" By that I mean have you lost faith in God, or have you lost faith in man's attempt to define God and what God wants?

For a long time that was me. I've always thought the teachings of Jesus were admirable and set a good example and I never really lost any faith in a higher power. I stumbled into what the denomination likes to call a "big tent" group (open and accepting and not for turning anyone away) and stuck around for the community feel of it all.

ive come to the conclusion that i dont think i ever really believed. I just did the church stuff because its how i was raised and was what was expected of me. Once i got out on my own, and could make my own decisions, i chose to not bother with it anymore because i simply didnt believe

did that answer it? -shrug-
People suck