Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Pedophile Christian Pastors Caught in Child Sex Sting
(05-27-2016, 12:53 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Yes; all they are being is overtly immature. Kudos to a couple of posters that usually share their POV; yet care about the integrity of the forum for calling them out as childish and petty. Unfortunately, the hypocrisy of others stops them from doing so.

Thanks for this.  

I personally would rather someone be intentionally immature to make a point than to genuinely be racist or transphobic. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(05-27-2016, 01:00 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I personally would rather someone be intentionally immature to make a point than to genuinely be racist or transphobic. 

I wouldn't be a fan of any of the 3. But your affinity for immaturity as a method to "prove a point" has been noted. I too think it proves a point; however, we most likely disagree on the point. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(05-27-2016, 01:04 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I wouldn't be a fan of any of the 3. But your affinity for immaturity as a method to "prove a point" has been noted. I too think it proves a point; however, we most likely disagree on the point. 

I wish you were this adamant regarding the other two when our board was being flooded by a racist who spends his time calling black people the n word and "apes" on twitter. I guess you only find immaturity to be worth actually voicing a concern over. 

(05-27-2016, 01:18 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I wish you were this adamant regarding the other two when our board was being flooded by a racist who spends his time calling black people the n word and "apes" on twitter. I guess you only find immaturity to be worth actually voicing a concern over. 

I suppose this would have merit if I gave a damn about Twitter. I can only judge folks for their actions in this forum. What you and others carry over is on you.

(05-27-2016, 01:25 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I suppose this would have merit if I gave a damn about Twitter. I can only judge folks for their actions in this forum. What you and others carry over is on you.

and yet the board was flooded with racism and you were silent. Now you're speaking out over people being immature.

(05-27-2016, 07:00 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: and yet the board was flooded with racism and you were silent. Now you're speaking out over people being immature.

"Situational morals".

Just because someone shows them self to be an ACTUAL white-supremacist that doesn't mean he has to disagree with him on every point.  Especially if the supremacist talk is cloaked here on the board vs elsewhere.

Oh wait...."racist" is thrown around without a "good" definition around here someone said.   Cool
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(05-27-2016, 01:04 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I wouldn't be a fan of any of the 3. But your affinity for immaturity as a method to "prove a point" has been noted. I too think it proves a point; however, we most likely disagree on the point. 

Thanks for this.   Mellow
(05-27-2016, 12:41 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: There's a lot of things they're not doing in this thread that happen daily in P&R. We can't call people out when they're openly racist or are prejudice towards gay or trans people. All we can do is make fun of them with posts like those in this thread.

We can't? When did that happen? Seriously, was that a thing?
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(05-27-2016, 07:33 AM)GMDino Wrote: Thanks for this.   Mellow

Good to see if wasn't the only person to see that.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
(05-27-2016, 01:25 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I suppose this would have merit if I gave a damn about Twitter. I can only judge folks for their actions in this forum. What you and others carry over is on you.

That is all about that is needed in this case. The Twitter account is superfluous.
(05-27-2016, 08:23 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: That is all about that is needed in this case. The Twitter account is superfluous.

Bull. If I act all prim and proper around here (pfft) but my twitter account is a tirade of racial slurs and hate speech, shouldn't that be held against me by anyone who knows about it?

It may be superfluous to you and anyone else (myself included) who doesn't track the tweets of board members, but if you know something about someone you can't not hold them accountable for it.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
(05-27-2016, 07:41 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: We can't? When did that happen? Seriously, was that a thing?

I've been stung once with a 2 week ban for calling a poster out for some absolutely disgusting racist things he had posted somewhere else because they kept saying here they were not racist or a white supremacist. 

I'd rather not risk something being seen as a "personal attack". I can make awful blanket statements about whole groups of people and know that I do not have to worry about being suspended. As soon as I am dealing with one person here, I have to watch my ass.

(05-27-2016, 10:32 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I've been stung once with a 2 week ban for calling a poster out for some absolutely disgusting racist things he had posted somewhere else because they kept saying here they were not racist or a white supremacist. 

I'd rather not risk something being seen as a "personal attack". I can make awful blanket statements about whole groups of people and know that I do not have to worry about being suspended. As soon as I am dealing with one person here, I have to watch my ass.

I don't know much about the specifics other than on a very broad level and I don't want to drag this into a discussion about moderation around here. What I will say, and this is good for everyone, is that if someone says something that is prejudicial, discriminatory, racist, what have you, then call out what they said as being such. You don't have to call them racist, sexist, transphobic, whatever, to call out what is being said.

Attack the message, not the sender, and then no one can accuse you of making it personal. Just my two cents on this.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(05-27-2016, 07:00 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: and yet the board was flooded with racism and you were silent. Now you're speaking out over people being immature.

I do not remember a time that this board was flooded with racism. Matter of fact it seems the only time I hear about race is when someone tries to compare GID or homosexuality to skin color; perhaps you have your social media sites confused.

(05-27-2016, 10:55 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I do not remember a time that this board was flooded with racism. Matter of fact it seems the only time I hear about race is when someone tries to compare GID or homosexuality to skin color; perhaps you have your social media sites confused.

Maybe you checked out for those few months when half the threads were broad attacks of "savage" Middle Easterners. 

Also, you don't know what GID is. Please just stop exposing your ignorance with regards to trans people...

(05-27-2016, 11:12 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Maybe you checked out for those few months when half the threads were broad attacks of "savage" Middle Easterners. 

Also, you don't know what GID is. Please just stop exposing your ignorance with regards to trans people...

Or posts about white people should be allowed to have white only towns and neighborhoods.  Fun times.   Mellow
(05-27-2016, 11:12 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Maybe you checked out for those few months when half the threads were broad attacks of "savage" Middle Easterners. 

Oh no, I was here for those. I clearly recall folks trying to turn it into a matter of race; as they kept saying "it didn't count" that Middle-Easterners were caucasions (white). I always considered those threads to be an attack on an idealology.

Who made you the GID expert?

(05-26-2016, 05:50 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: But back to the point - it's a problem and a long standing one inside the Church. One has to wonder how long they can claim they're morally right when things like this are being thrust into the public eye with disturbing regularity.

Look, I know a great many religious leaders (and far too many average religious citizens) make it seem like (or outright state that) they and/or Christians in general are better/holier than the rest of society, but the fact remains that one of the very foundational tenets of Christianity is that EVERY SINGLE HUMAN BEING IS, HAS BEEN AND WILL BE BORN A SINNER. As such, expecting to find churches full of piously devout and sinless angels is like expecting to find only healthy people in a hospital.
(05-27-2016, 11:42 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Oh no, I was here for those. I clearly recall folks trying to turn it into a matter of race; as they kept saying "it didn't count" that Middle-Easterners were caucasions (white). I always considered those threads to be an attack on an idealology.

Who made you the GID expert?

That's right. You threw a fit because the term racism reflects the sociological definition of "race", not the biological definition, and includes discrimination towards other "ethnicities". I remember.

Quote:Who made you the GID expert?

The DSM V definition of Gender Dysphoria did? 
http://www.dsm5.org/documents/gender%20dysphoria%20fact%20sheet.pdf

" It is important to note that gender nonconformity is not in itself a mental disorder. The critical element of gender dysphoria is the presence of clinically significant distress associated with the condition."

There, now you can stop using GID in place of trans and sound just a tad bit educated...

We can end this conversation now:

You are ok with socially conservative members of the boards being bigoted because they agree with you on a lot of other issues. They're your only allies on a number of topics, so you can't call them out for being awful people.

You are not ok with socially liberal members of the boards being immature in their mocking of bigotry because you disagree with them on so many issues, so you try to get on a high horse when they twist arguments around despite the fact that ever back and forth turns into you being disingenuous and catty in your responses