Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peerman gets activated not WJ3
(11-23-2016, 01:51 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: As expected here come the "but he's so awesome at special teams" warriors.

No, it's being able to count. We are down to two running backs. If one of them gets hurt we would be down to 1 running back. It's not that hard to understand.....
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2016, 01:51 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Except that Hill and Burkhead splitting reps is not the same as Hill and Bernard splitting reps, because if Hill/ Bernard splitting reps leaves on of them hurt, which it did, we still had another running back in Burkhead. If we put Peerman on IR and one of Hill/Burkhead got hurt, we have no other reserve running back. It's a numbers game, and it's the smart move. Jackson would not play, he has no NFL snaps and they are not going to play him over Dennard or Smith anyway just to get him reps....

Just use Hewitt, I mean does it really matter at this point?
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2016, 01:53 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Just use Hewitt, I mean does it really matter at this point?

To some of us, yes it does....
Reply/Quote
WTF?????? Don't we want to see what we have in our first round gunner? **** these people. Marvin, GTFO.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2016, 01:51 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: As expected here come the "but he's so awesome at special teams" warriors.

T think you are missing the big point.

here is the post you should be replying to.

(11-23-2016, 01:51 PM)Sled21 Wrote: If we put Peerman on IR and one of Hill/Burkhead got hurt, we have no other reserve running back. It's a numbers game, and it's the smart move. Jackson would not play, he has no NFL snaps and they are not going to play him over Dennard or Smith anyway just to get him reps....

Rep to Sled for understanding the situation.
Reply/Quote
You know, if people want to criticize Marvin for stupid decisions, I'm right there with you. But criticizing this decision means you can't add or know nothing about football. It was the ONLY decision to make.....
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2016, 01:38 PM)Sled21 Wrote: We were down to Hill and Burkhead. Besides what he brings to Special Teams, Peerman was smart move. Hill is one run away from being gone (he's been playing through a chest arm injury most of the season). You really think we can finish the season with just Burkhead. Do some of you guys even watch football?

That's assuming we lose Hill. I would rather take the chances and bring WJIII back with the way our secondary is playing. I think you forgot about Dre and how he has been keeping our secondary intact... Also, Kirkpatrick's injury last game might slow him down in the coming games... just more the reason to bring back WJIII.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2016, 01:57 PM)Sled21 Wrote: You know, if people want to criticize Marvin for stupid decisions, I'm right there with you. But criticizing this decision means you can't add or know nothing about football. It was the ONLY decision to make.....

But busting Marvins balls is the only thing fun about this abortion of a season.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2016, 01:58 PM)Froob Wrote: That's assuming we lose Hill. I would rather take the chances and bring WJIII back with the way our secondary is playing. I think you forgot about Dre and how he has been keeping our secondary intact... Also, Kirkpatrick's injury last game might slow him down in the coming games... just more the reason to bring back WJIII.

Losing a running back is always one play away. Especially one that has to go through non existent holes the whole game. That puts us down to one. Now how long do you think 1 running back with no one to spell him would last..... or, as someone proposed, how long do you think a tight end playing running back would last. And, with the other teams knowing we have no true running back, how long do you think Andy would last???
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2016, 01:56 PM)fredtoast Wrote: T think you are missing the big point.

here is the post you should be replying to.

Rep to Sled for understanding the situation.

I understand perfectly, that there's no difference in handing the ball off to Peerman or Hewitt, because they both aren't good at being actual running backs. I don't see the relevance on bringing back Peerman, just to have a 3rd running back on the roster, when technically we already have a 3rd running back in the Hback.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2016, 01:59 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: But busting Marvins balls is the only thing fun about this abortion of a season.

But that's just it, there is plenty......and I mean plenty of legitimate things to bust Marvin's balls over. This is not one of them....had we not lost Gio, then maybe.....but you cannot go with 2 RB's with no one in the wings. Just can't do it....
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2016, 02:03 PM)Sled21 Wrote: But that's just it, there is plenty......and I mean plenty of legitimate things to bust Marvin's balls over. This is not one of them....had we not lost Gio, then maybe.....but you cannot go with 2 RB's with no one in the wings. Just can't do it....

We did it with QB's for many seasons.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2016, 01:53 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Just use Hewitt, I mean does it really matter at this point?

That's the difference some of us haven't adopted a losing mentality. It's ironic you want Marvin to considering he gets slammed for being conservative. If he threw in the towel this forum would go nuts.

It's such a bummer when someone crashes your pity party.

Here's where we stand at Special Teams without Peerman.

Opponents on kick returns

Cincinnati 6th most

563 yard 23.5 avg

Opponents on punt returns

Cincinnati 9th most

238 yards 9.2 avg
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2016, 02:05 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: We did it with QB's for many seasons.

QB is not RB. QB's are not hitting the pile and having 5 players land on top of them 30 times in every game..... If the line is doing it's job (I know, right) the QB should come off the field clean. Even when the RB is having a career game, he is going to be tackled and piled on many times.....
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2016, 02:02 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Losing a running back is always one play away. Especially one that has to go through non existent holes the whole game. That puts us down to one. Now how long do you think 1 running back with no one to spell him would last..... or, as someone proposed, how long do you think a tight end playing running back would last. And, with the other teams knowing we have no true running back, how long do you think Andy would last???

I'm going to laugh when our secondary gets blown up against every one of our opponents offense and we STILL have no running game. Hilarious

I hope Peerman proves me wrong, but I doubt he will contribute anything upon his return besides ST play (if they put him in). 

As far as numbers game, I think we could have survived the rest of the season - Hill and Burkhead would have done fine. To WIN, we need to change our secondary (aka Jones, Dennard).  
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2016, 02:14 PM)Froob Wrote: I'm going to laugh when our secondary gets blown up against every one of our opponents offense and we STILL have no running game. Hilarious

I hope Peerman proves me wrong, but I doubt he will contribute anything upon his return besides ST play (if they put him in). 

As far as numbers game, I think we could have survived the rest of the season - Hill and Burkhead would have done fine. To WIN, we need to change our secondary (aka Jones, Dennard).  

What you should laugh at is your belief that a rookie Corner with no NFL snaps, little training camp, coming off a chest injury could compete at a level above any of those ahead of him on the depth roster. Peerman may well never run the ball, but if Hill or Rex get hurt having him is a necessity.... were you one of those Vigil-antes as well?
Reply/Quote
It's easy to bash not bringing back a 1st Round pick...but he tore his pec and obviously couldn't lift weights. He'd be 5th on the depth chart and see little playing time other than special teams.

I know...it sucks.

Peerman will probably slide in there are Hill's backup.

I know...it sucks for Burkhead.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2016, 02:19 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It's easy to bash not bringing back a 1st Round pick...but he tore his pec and obviously couldn't lift weights. He'd be 5th on the depth chart and see little playing time other than special teams.

I know...it sucks.

Peerman will probably slide in there are Hill's backup.

I know...it sucks for Burkhead.

I doubt they will move him ahead of Burkhead with the recently broken arm. He's being brought back as insurance.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2016, 02:19 PM)Sled21 Wrote: What you should laugh at is your belief that a rookie Corner with no NFL snaps, little training camp, coming off a chest injury could compete at a level above any of those ahead of him on the depth roster. Peerman may well never run the ball, but if Hill or Rex get hurt having him is a necessity.... were you one of those Vigil-antes as well?

DBs have the same chance of getting hurt as RBs do (even a little higher).  

[Image: guest-102315-12.jpg]

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2015/nfl-injuries-part-iv-variation-position

EDIT: And I do believe Jackson could contribute more than Peerman could.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2016, 01:40 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Despite the pity party that's raging in this thread we're still only a game and a half out of first place and Special Teams has been atrocious this year.

You don't throw in the towel until it's over. That's a losing mentality.

Agreed. We are 1.5 games back, with games against Pitt and Balt looming. As frustrated as we are as fans, it'd be silly to give up now.

If we lose this week, I'll feel differently.

(11-23-2016, 01:42 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Well, I agree with the statement....but, Pittsburgh is getting Indy this week without Andrew Luck, so mark that a win for them....

They'll probably win, but Pitt isn't a good road team, and they tend to lose games they "should" win. Plus, even if they win we're still 1.5 games back with a head to head against them in Cincy. Assuming we win this week.

(11-23-2016, 01:57 PM)Sled21 Wrote: You know, if people want to criticize Marvin for stupid decisions, I'm right there with you. But criticizing this decision means you can't add or know nothing about football. It was the ONLY decision to make.....

Agreed. You have to carry 3 RBs. The added bonus is improving ST...but you HAVE to carry 3 RBs. If WJ3 is truly healthy, why not drop Chykie?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote