Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peerman gets activated not WJ3
WJ3 can't be any worse than Chykie Brown.

If he is... then this team has failed at picking a CB... miserably.

Even with missing OTAs/training camp.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2016, 06:46 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: As much as I had previously watched Shaw before he came in and got a shot. 

Unknown works both ways jack.

Shaw had a full training camp to prepare.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2016, 06:50 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: WJ3 can't be any worse than Chykie Brown.

If he is... then this team has failed at picking a CB... miserably.

Even with missing OTAs/training camp.

And how many snaps does Chykie Brown get each week?

Meanwhile we only have 2 RBs on our roster.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2016, 06:52 PM)fredtoast Wrote: And how many snaps does Chykie Brown get each week?

Tra Carson on practice squad.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2016, 06:33 PM)fredtoast Wrote: That is not the point.

If he forces Brown off the roster then he sits on the bench and does nothing just like Brown was doing.

If Gio was not injured then I have no problem bringing back Jackson.  But with Gio down it is the only move to make.

Which I would happily agree with you on, except Kirkpatrick had to get an MRI on his knee and didn't practice today. Shawn Williams hurt his hamstring and did not practice today. Josh Shaw hurt his hip and only practiced limited today.

That's a lot of secondary injuries. There's a pretty good chance Chykie Brown gets activated for this week's game, and I would prefer Will Jack be in his spot instead.

Also agree with you that you can't have 2 RB, but if you replace Brown with Will Jack, then you can use Gio's spot for a RB. Tra Carson is on the PS (though I don't really care for him) or you can pillage a RB off someone else's PS.

Last I heard, Bishop Sankey (http://www.nfl.com/player/bishopsankey/2543682/profile) was on the Patriot's PS. I would take Will Jack and Sankey over Peerman and Chykie.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2016, 06:58 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Tra Carson on practice squad.
Probably has not clue how to pass block on an NFL level.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2016, 07:12 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Probably has not clue how to pass block on an NFL level.

Neither does half our OL. LOL
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2016, 07:12 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Probably has not clue how to pass block on an NFL level.

Just stating there are RB options.

Not only out there in FA but right on the team's PS for a 3rd string RB...  but hey, you got all of the answers don't you?

Just keep squealing about how the only answer is Peerman.

For the record.  I like Peerman and wanted to the team to retain him in the past.

However if there is a shred of a season, and by the grace of God a post season, that CB could help out down the road.

Even if not immediately.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2016, 07:17 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Neither does half our OL. LOL

Yeah.

I especially like how that whole line AND our RB(who can block at an NFL level)got simultaneously rolled into a dogpile on our QB.

Wouldn't want to take a chance on putting a 3rd string RB on the roster from the PS.  LOL   Bang Head
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2016, 05:04 PM)BernLock Wrote: Because benching them for years isn't how you develop corners? They need experience to get better. Dre got better when he started playing more. How's dennard development been being hurt and not playing. Artie Burns is getting better and better making plays. Yeah he's taking his lumps but that's how you learn. Through playing. Not sitting on the damn bench for years

Artie Burns had a training camp.

Dennard had a limited camp.

WJ3 had...virtually none.

You can not...can not.... throw a guy to the wolves at this level with no time to work on his footwork and get used to the speed of the pro game.

Long term, this move helps WJ3. He gets to practice and get stronger. Then a full off-season and a full camp. At that point, it is fair to give him trial by fire, but not at this point.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2016, 06:58 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Tra Carson on practice squad.

Makes you wonder if he just hasn't shown anything in practice. Which sucks, I thought he had potential.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2016, 06:33 PM)fredtoast Wrote: That is not the point.

If he forces Brown off the roster then he sits on the bench and does nothing just like Brown was doing.

If Gio was not injured then I have no problem bringing back Jackson.  But with Gio down it is the only move to make.
Chykie has been active for some games. There is more than enough opportunity to get WJ3s feet wet.

I wonder if a super talented 4.3 speed DB could run down and cover a kick?

I wonder if a guy on our practice squad that knows our offense could play RB at the level Peerman has? 7 years and he almost has 500 career yards from scrimmage. Those type of numbers are damn near impposible to replace so i will give you that. But i disagree it was the only move to make.

With the new rules in place contact in training camp and during in season practices makes it hard to replicate in game experience. And i have seen coaches complain it has slowed their ability to develop players. We just had a prime opportunity to get our first round pick true game experience. Something he will now not experience until next year when he finally gets his first action. All because a career special teamer at the twilight of his career can save our run game?
Reply/Quote
Every move Marvin makes is so clearly wrong lmao if he just did the opposite of what his gut told him to do we would probably have a respectable record and chance of making the playoffs this year. Oh well, continuously making horrible choices is the only (albeit slim) chance we have of him getting canned
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2016, 07:41 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote:  All because a career special teamer at the twilight of his career can save our run game?

Ooh Ooh can I play this strawman game game too?

"Don't know why so many people expect WJ3 to come in and play like an All Pro."

How was that?
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2016, 07:41 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Chykie has been active for some games. There is more than enough opportunity to get WJ3s feet wet.

I wonder if a super talented 4.3 speed DB could run down and cover a kick?

I wonder if a guy on our practice squad that knows our offense could play RB at the level Peerman has? 7 years and he almost has 500 career yards from scrimmage. Those type of numbers are damn near impposible to replace so i will give you that. But i disagree it was the only move to make.

With the new rules in place contact in training camp and during in season practices makes it hard to replicate in game experience. And i have seen coaches complain it has slowed their ability to develop players. We just had a prime opportunity to get our first round pick true game experience. Something he will now not experience until next year when he finally gets his first action. All because a career special teamer at the twilight of his career can save our run game?

You seriously think that throwing a kid who hasn't even had a practice in full pads yet out on ST's is a good idea?

A big reason the secondary has underperformed is blown coverages, missed assignments, and lack of a pass rush, and WJ3 won't fix any of that.

We needed a third RB, and as terrible as the OL has been, we needed one that knows the blocking assignments.  Otherwise, Andy has a good chance of sustaining an injury that will hamper him next year.  
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2016, 08:24 PM)Whatever Wrote: You seriously think that throwing a kid who hasn't even had a practice in full pads yet out on ST's is a good idea?

A big reason the secondary has underperformed is blown coverages, missed assignments, and lack of a pass rush, and WJ3 won't fix any of that.

We needed a third RB, and as terrible as the OL has been, we needed one that knows the blocking assignments.  Otherwise, Andy has a good chance of sustaining an injury that will hamper him next year.  

He played football in full pads at a level that made us think he was worthy of a first round pick. Getting in a handful of full contact practices during training camp is not going to have a tremendous impact on his ability to play football. You think a guy sitting on his ass not facing any contact for over a year is a good idea and the ideal way to develop a football player?

A big reason Peerman has less than 500 career yards is because he isn't that good. And at 30 years old he probably isn't going to become a good RB. 

We have two RBs that know the blocking assignments and have been playing for us all year. We have a practice squad to develop players. Turns out we have a RB on the practice squad we have been developing that knows the playbook too. 

We are 3-6-1. I will gladly eat crow when Peerman carries us to 9-6-1. But with injuries to two main offensive weapons and a team that couldnt win when our good players were healthy, I have my doubts. The way I see it we just stopped our first round picks development in order to activate a Marvin favorite, who probably won't be in the league next year unless Marvin is a head coach, in a lost season where we should be playing young guys and evaluating for the future. 

As long as Marvin is the head coach, Dansby and Vrey will probably continue to get playing time over our young LBs. Winston will probably continue to take snaps that Fisher should be taking. Westerman will probably continue to be inactive. Gilberry will continue to get playing time over Deshawn Williams. And next year when we should be trotting out some guys with experience we will be trotting out guys with very little experience. Thanks Marvin. 
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2016, 08:24 PM)Whatever Wrote: You seriously think that throwing a kid who hasn't even had a practice in full pads yet out on ST's is a good idea?

Has he not been studying while injured? Does he not have 4.37 speed? I'm pretty sure he could handle ST then.

Unless he magically forgot a lifetime of playing football in the last couple months.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Who cares if WJ3 fixes anything this year?! It's OVER! Would be nice to get some of his growing pains over with in meaningless games this season. Instead we bring back a ST's vet who has never been much good as a RB to finish out the last year of his contract

And a 3rd string RB will not fix our O line and will definitely not keep Andy from getting injured
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2016, 07:32 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Artie Burns had a training camp.

Dennard had a limited camp.

WJ3 had...virtually none.

You can not...can not.... throw a guy to the wolves at this level with no time to work on his footwork and get used to the speed of the pro game.

Long term, this move helps WJ3. He gets to practice and get stronger. Then a full off-season and a full camp. At that point, it is fair to give him trial by fire, but not at this point.

Long term it doesn't help WJ3. How in the world does this help him long term. By sitting on the bench not practicing not getting game reps helps him? For a shit special team nobody who don't do **** to help the team do anything. Makes total sense! Way better for WJ3 to never play then for him to play.
[Image: BernLocksig.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2016, 03:23 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Why couldn't they have brought back WJIII and cut Chykie then signed a RB or brought one up from PS?

Do we even have a PS running back?

I'm mobile and haven't been keeping up with the PS roster.

It just seems to me that a back up RB would be easier to scrape up than a CB would might contribute if for some reason they compete for post season.

That would have been a tempting move to me.

I'd give Hill and Burkhead the carries, then bring back one of the RB's we had in camp...or some other free agent. Of course, this assumes that WJ3 is ready to go. With a pec injury he likely couldn't lift weights or do other things to prepare.
Reply/Quote