Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peerman gets activated not WJ3
(11-23-2016, 01:42 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Well, I agree with the statement....but, Pittsburgh is getting Indy this week without Andrew Luck, so mark that a win for them....

Interestingly, the Browns at home were +7.5 points against pitt last week,  and the Colts at home this week are +8 points against pitt.  

That means the NFL thinks the Colts w/o luck are worse than the Browns.  Wow.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2016, 06:46 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: As much as I had previously watched Shaw before he came in and got a shot. 

Unknown works both ways jack.

And Uzomah, who was promptly benched when Eifert returned.  And Rex Burkhead, who always seems to produce when given a shot.  And Tyler Boyd, who would be getting so much praise as a rookie WR if his team didn't suck Rhinoceros balls.  
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2016, 01:10 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: And Uzomah, who was promptly benched when Eifert returned.  And Rex Burkhead, who always seems to produce when given a shot.  And Tyler Boyd, who would be getting so much praise as a rookie WR if his team didn't suck Rhinoceros balls.  

The sucking of Rhinoceros balls begins and ends with Mikey Brown.

Reply/Quote
(11-24-2016, 11:17 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Isn't that true.

I used to be on here talking about how we need to sign a free agent at positions of need...and fans would tell me how our model of building through the draft was going to lead to a dynasty.

5 years later...and 0 playoff wins later...26+ years without a playoff win...It doesn't get much worse than that.

It would be nice if the Bengals finally signed a good offensive lineman to plug in.   The Raiders needed help they signed Hudson at center, Penn at left tackle and Osemele  at right guard . Now they hhave the second best o line in the game and are one of the better teams in the league   .   And oh yeah they signed Reggie Nelson just to rub it in    
Reply/Quote
Quote:Why some of you are just so ready to toss the kid out there watch him fail and then call him a bust is beyond me.
If you've followed this board for more than a week you'll know that any player who doesn't go to the probowl his first season and every season till after they're retired and in the old folks home automatically qualifies as a bust.. That's thebengalsboard 101,but i agree .  Tossing this kid out there hoping he'll get 'valuable experience' getting torched coming off  injury with almost no training camp and no real practice throughout the season is just setting him up to win the prestigious rookie bust of the year award and there is never a shortage of people quick to call any player a  bust based on one or two plays.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-24-2016, 01:35 PM)BengalChris Wrote: The sucking of Rhinoceros balls begins and ends with Mikey Brown.

If it weren't used so often around here that it has almost become a cliche, I would say "Have you watched this team"?

So, instead, I will offer that Brown has assembled a team capable of winning a championship.  He even had a succession plan in place to put Hue as HC.  I think Mike Brown has done a phenomenal job.  Hue got seduced by the Browns, and I give them kudos for making it impossible for Hue to leave without signing.  I think that is still the big issue with this team.  There aren't many teams I would trade rosters with, but there are a lot of coaches I would rather have. 
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2016, 02:09 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: If it weren't used so often around here that it has almost become a cliche, I would say "Have you watched this team"?

So, instead, I will offer that Brown has assembled a team capable of winning a championship.  He even had a succession plan in place to put Hue as HC.  I think Mike Brown has done a phenomenal job.  Hue got seduced by the Browns, and I give them kudos for making it impossible for Hue to leave without signing.  I think that is still the big issue with this team.  There aren't many teams I would trade rosters with, but there are a lot of coaches I would rather have. 

Nope. That's just not how I see it. Mikey Brown can't retired soon enough.

Reply/Quote
(11-24-2016, 02:08 PM)grampahol Wrote: If you've followed this board for more than a week you'll know that any player who doesn't go to the probowl his first season and every season till after they're retired and in the old folks home automatically qualifies as a bust.. That's thebengalsboard 101,but i agree .  Tossing this kid out there hoping he'll get 'valuable experience' getting torched coming off  injury with almost no training camp and no real practice throughout the season is just setting him up to win the prestigious rookie bust of the year award and there is never a shortage of people quick to call any player a  bust based on one or two plays.

This is such a stupid arguement. Sitting him on the bench does nothing. NOTHING! hey how did benching dre and dennard their first couple years so they don't get "torched" do for them?? Huh? How did that work out. You so t get better as a player sitting on the ***** bench it's pretty obvious
[Image: BernLocksig.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2016, 01:49 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: On August 4th when it happened they feared it was season ending. A second opinion said...maybe it's not season ending. The guy had surgery to re-attach his pectoral muscle.

I can't believe that 3 months later, that he is truly 100%. 

Maybe he feels could enough to get out on the field and was cleared medically, but having a surgery to re-attach a muscle isn't the type of procedure that you bounce back from. Six months is usually when they anticipate you start getting back to where you were, sometimes longer.

you can say the same about a broken forearm. You think Peerman is gonna be 100% confident pass blocking with his recently broken forearm (aug 28) while a line backer runs full speed into him? I doubt it.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2016, 02:08 PM)grampahol Wrote: If you've followed this board for more than a week you'll know that any player who doesn't go to the probowl his first season and every season till after they're retired and in the old folks home automatically qualifies as a bust.. That's thebengalsboard 101,but i agree .  Tossing this kid out there hoping he'll get 'valuable experience' getting torched coming off  injury with almost no training camp and no real practice throughout the season is just setting him up to win the prestigious rookie bust of the year award and there is never a shortage of people quick to call any player a  bust based on one or two plays.
It seems that nowadays it's considered better to not hurt someone's feelings than it is to get them valuable playing time.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2016, 07:54 PM)Froob Wrote: It seems that nowadays it's considered better to not hurt someone's feelings than it is to get them valuable playing time.

He would not get any playing time.  He would be sitting on the bench.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2016, 02:02 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: We have played two RBs for the majority of the snaps. This wont change. Hill and Burkhead will get the most playing time. 

We are going with Peerman because he is a veteran spiritual leader. And somebody needs to take over for Burkhead on special teams. But we need the spiritual leader to keep morale high as Marvin leads us nowhere.

Marvin did what he does best. Show his blind preference for veterans that has led to zero postseason wins is still intact. He is shit and this move was shit. He goes with the "safe" choice because he is a nutless coward.

Almost back to square one with the guy. He will battle we will win a couple more. Might get another 8-8ish year like what he used to do. And it will do nothing other than cost us draft position.

But hell, at least we get old trusty Peerman some experience he can show off when he hits free agency. Sucks we have some injuries in the secondary and could use some depth. If only WJ3 was capable of playing special teams. But that is a lofty task for a guy with first round DB athleticism. 

All I know is a first round CB will be tempting next year. Picman is getting old , Dennard has a ways to go , and Kirkpatrick will get a big money offer. If Peerman wasnt the key to our season maybe we could have seen if we had an answer with our first round pick from this year. Oh well. Marv knows best for sure. His consistent post season winning ways show he is the man with the master plan.

Hill is constantly getting dinged in games, though, and Burkhead isn't a bellcow back.

There's a lot more to ST's than raw athletic ability.  Furthermore, why would you want to risk a #1 draft pick who's recovering from injury on ST's?

I'm not happy with Marvin, and hope the guy goes after the season, but it doesn't mean this was a particularly bad move for a coach trying to make the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
Wanted to see what Jackson brought to the table.

But get that the Gio injury forced the Peerman move.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2016, 07:50 PM)Froob Wrote: you can say the same about a broken forearm. You think Peerman is gonna be 100% confident pass blocking with his recently broken forearm (aug 28) while a line backer runs  full speed into him? I doubt it.

Yes actually I do think he'll be confident. Broken bone versus torn muscle...one heals faster than the other. Not too mention...a vet who knows what to expect versus a rookie who has 0 NFL game action of any kind.

It is flat out dumb to want to stick a rookie coming off major surgery with no training camp, no pre-season, on a field in game action. Unless your goal is to make him look bad and turn into Toast Jones.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2016, 01:27 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Yes actually I do think he'll be confident. Broken bone versus torn muscle...one heals faster than the other. Not too mention...a vet who knows what to expect versus a rookie who has 0 NFL game action of any kind.

It is flat out dumb to want to stick a rookie coming off major surgery with no training camp, no pre-season, on a field in game action. Unless your goal is to make him look bad and turn into Toast Jones.

Lol you've got to be kidding. Have you evn seen will jacksons work out videos lately that he posted, the dude looks real good. Best talent we have in the secondary with the speed, footwork and jumping ability. And y'all are trying to convince us, sitting our first rounder that could play a role in a comeback and the playoffs, is better then sitting peerman. A special teamer at best lol you can't make this stuff up with not only the Bengals deisions,but our fans logic
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2016, 01:27 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Yes actually I do think he'll be confident. Broken bone versus torn muscle...one heals faster than the other. Not too mention...a vet who knows what to expect versus a rookie who has 0 NFL game action of any kind.

So...  let me get this straight.

You do know that it was reported that WJIII would have been the one who came off IR over Peerman had not for Gio's injury?

Would you have said that was stupid?

Apparently he was ready as well.

The point is that they could've brought up Carson or signed a FA to be the 3rd string back.

After doing this then put WJIII on the roster.

He could basically have practiced, been a part of team training, and possibly been utilized.

Even if late in season or perhaps post season. 

It doesn't mean throw him out to there from the get go.

You have no idea if the guy is talented enough to hit the ground running.

Your assumption is that he'll be a trainwreck.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2016, 07:26 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: So...  let me get this straight.

You do know that it was reported that WJIII would have been the one who came off IR over Peerman had not for Gio's injury?

Would you have said that was stupid?

Apparently he was ready as well.

The point is that they could've brought up Carson or signed a FA to be the 3rd string back.

After doing this then put WJIII on the roster.

He could basically have practiced, been a part of team training, and possibly been utilized.

Even if late in season or perhaps post season. 

It doesn't mean throw him out to there from the get go.

You have no idea if the guy is talented enough to hit the ground running.

Your assumption is that he'll be a trainwreck.

Yes, I'd have said it was stupid had they activated him over Peerman and tried to stick him out there. 

It was Marvin's first thought, which most the time as history has shown, it was not smart.

"He could basically have practiced, been a part of team training" - He can still do that now that he is on IR without being exposed in coverage.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Quote:We are going with Peerman because he is a veteran spiritual leader.
Well there you go then. We're a shoe in to go to the super bowl. Peerman will pray our way there. Well , that and everyone pay for the classified ad praising Saint Jude of Novena. It's never been known to fail.
Super bowl here we come!  
Saint Jude is the patron of Hopeless Causes and Desperate Situations.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2016, 01:33 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Yes, I'd have said it was stupid had they activated him over Peerman and tried to stick him out there. 

It was Marvin's first thought, which most the time as history has shown, it was not smart.

"He could basically have practiced, been a part of team training" - He can still do that now that he is on IR without being exposed in coverage.

They'd better hope those injuries don't rear their ugly head in the secondary.

The way the offense is playing and unable to run anyway...  they're going to have to lean on the D a lot to keep them in the games.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2016, 12:08 AM)Whatever Wrote: Hill is constantly getting dinged in games, though, and Burkhead isn't a bellcow back.

There's a lot more to ST's than raw athletic ability.  Furthermore, why would you want to risk a #1 draft pick who's recovering from injury on ST's?

I'm not happy with Marvin, and hope the guy goes after the season, but it doesn't mean this was a particularly bad move for a coach trying to make the playoffs.
Why would i want to risk our #1 pick playing football his rookie year? Idk maybe i am just batshit crazy. I guess it is like any other job. You only get better at it by sitting around and not doing shit , actually doing the job you were hired for in no way has benefits and develops skill at that job.

I agree Burkhead isnt a bellcow back. But neither is Gio. 

I dont recall exact numbers. But Marvin only carrying 3 RBs on his 53 man roster is very rare. He has gone with 4 the majority of his time here. And even when Hill had a bad shoulder earlier in the year he didnt add a RB to the roster. I really think he was planning all along to activate Peerman. He is big on veterans and locker room leaders. Doesnt really matter if they are any good. If it is one of his preferred guys, then they get a pass. 
Reply/Quote