Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peerman gets activated not WJ3
(11-25-2016, 01:33 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Yes, I'd have said it was stupid had they activated him over Peerman and tried to stick him out there. 

It was Marvin's first thought, which most the time as history has shown, it was not smart.

"He could basically have practiced, been a part of team training" - He can still do that now that he is on IR without being exposed in coverage.
Except when a player is on IR they are not allowed to practice with the team. 

Teams get that 3 week window where a player is allowed to practice with the team. And not be on the 53 man roster. Same rules for the PUP. 

Not sure how it works with multiple players on IR. Seems you can only bring one back to practice. But either way its the 3 week window and that is it if they are not put on the 53. 

WJ3 will develop mad skills this year on the rehab field trying to cover our trainers. I know that much. No need to worry about our poor DBs being exposed in coverage when they cant practice with the team. Phew at least we dont have to worry about that troubling subject.
Reply/Quote
Bengals waiting to decide on activating Cedric Peerman
Posted by Darin Gantt on November 25, 2016, 12:58 PM EST

The Bengals are going to add someone to the active roster between now and Sunday, but they’re not going to tell us who it will be.

Via Geoff Hobson of the team’s official website, Bengals coach Marvin Lewis wouldn’t commit to making running back Cedric Peerman the 53rd man on the roster, despite the fact he was named their designated to return from IR player this week and they’re down to two other running backs.

The Bengals are likely waiting to see how some other injured players are coming along before they make the move, as they have some injuries to monitor at cornerback and long snapper.

Slot corner Josh Shaw didn’t practice Thursday and starter Dre Kirkpatrick was limited.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/11/25/bengals-waiting-to-decide-on-activating-cedric-peerman/
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2016, 11:33 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Why would i want to risk our #1 pick playing football his rookie year? Idk maybe i am just batshit crazy. I guess it is like any other job. You only get better at it by sitting around and not doing shit , actually doing the job you were hired for in no way has benefits and develops skill at that job.

You are not batshit crazy at all.  you just don't understand the difference between training camp and regular season practice in the NFL.

Some one trying to learn how toplay a position in the NFL needs lots of reps inpractice working on fundamentals.  That happens a lot in training camp.  But during the regular season there is not a lot of time to learn fundamentals.  The practice snaps all to to the starters and they are working on game plan and scheme more than technique.  Jackson has n ot been on the field for the installation of the defense.  He has not practiced the basics.

You act like you are familiar with learning on the job.  But every single job I ever had trained me before they just threw me onto a job.  Is the best way to learn how to use a cash register to just be thrown in front of it during a lunch rush?  
Reply/Quote
Shaw is playing safety on Sunday! Thank ***** god we brought back peerman to do ***** nothing!!! You guys who defend that move are a joke
[Image: BernLocksig.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2016, 03:23 PM)BernLock Wrote: Shaw is playing safety on Sunday! Thank ***** god we brought back peerman to do ***** nothing!!! You guys who defend that move are a joke

Steve Smith. Start him EVERYWHERE.
Reply/Quote
Bengals waive board favorite DeShawn Williams and activate Peerman. Sign Tyler Ott as a backup long snapper as insurance for Clark Harris.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I would hate to throw the rookie into the wolves. Better throw our 4th string CB into safety and activate a rb who won't carry the ball
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2016, 02:55 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Some one trying to learn how toplay a position in the NFL needs lots of reps inpractice working on fundamentals.  That happens a lot in training camp.  But during the regular season there is not a lot of time to learn fundamentals.
What? 

Like tackling and blocking?

They'd better go back to the drawing board at training camp.  Fundamentals are lost on this season's team.

[Image: th?id=OIP.Mc46770e39e47c7a684c7559fe6268...=268&h=179]
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2016, 04:04 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Bengals waive board favorite DeShawn Williams and activate Peerman. Sign Tyler Ott as a backup long snapper as insurance for Clark Harris.

Wait til you see the dual long snapper formations we have been working on.

Zampese has been in the lab. So many crazy shifts. On the one we long snap it back twice and hand it off to Peerman. I think Marvin helped him draw this one up. It will be perfect for burning clock if we have extra time to kill before halftime. 
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2016, 02:55 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You are not batshit crazy at all.  you just don't understand the difference between training camp and regular season practice in the NFL.

Some one trying to learn how toplay a position in the NFL needs lots of reps inpractice working on fundamentals.  That happens a lot in training camp.  But during the regular season there is not a lot of time to learn fundamentals.  The practice snaps all to to the starters and they are working on game plan and scheme more than technique.  Jackson has n ot been on the field for the installation of the defense.  He has not practiced the basics.

You act like you are familiar with learning on the job.  But every single job I ever had trained me before they just threw me onto a job.  Is the best way to learn how to use a cash register to just be thrown in front of it during a lunch rush?  

After working the cafeteria cash register in college for a few years and being recognized as one of the best cashiers in the nation. I dont think asking the stud cashier to work part time is expecting too much.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2016, 02:55 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You are not batshit crazy at all.  you just don't understand the difference between training camp and regular season practice in the NFL.

You have to be put on the cash register during lunch rush eventually. You aren't any more prepared sitting in the back office for a year learning about the cash register. Can't learn til you are thrown at the cash register and get hands on. We are starting Shaw at safety now. Shaw at safety. Seems like a perfect time to bring back a first round draft pick but nope. Gotta bring back a rb that doesn't contribute shit
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2016, 03:23 PM)BernLock Wrote: Shaw is playing safety on Sunday! Thank ***** god we brought back peerman to do ***** nothing!!! You guys who defend that move are a joke

What's even more comical is that he hasn't been practicing himself due to injury this week.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2016, 06:52 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: What's even more comical is that he hasn't been practicing himself due to injury this week.

But he had training camp. If there is anything we learned in this thread , its that training camp means the world. With it a player is capable of anything , without it a player is doomed and has no idea what a football even is.

No reason to second guess a Marvin Lewis move. The guy is like the second winningest postseason coach ever. The man has all the answers.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2016, 07:09 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: But he had training camp. If there is anything we learned in this thread , its that training camp means the world. With it a player is capable of anything , without it a player is doomed and has no idea what a football even is.

No reason to second guess a Marvin Lewis move. The guy is like the second winningest postseason coach ever. The man has all the answers.
That and he knows what button to push for Tuna on Rye on the cash register in the Mike Brown cafeteria.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2016, 07:09 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: But he had training camp. If there is anything we learned in this thread , its that training camp means the world. With it a player is capable of anything , without it a player is doomed and has no idea what a football even is.

Whoops. Must have had too much kool aid and read something wrong. Turns out Marvin has the worst postseason record in NFL history. Still though. Why question the moves this genius makes? He obviously knows what he is doing.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2016, 05:20 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: After working the cafeteria cash register in college for a few years and being recognized as one of the best cashiers in the nation. I dont think asking the stud cashier to work part time is expecting too much.

So now college players don't need to learn anything new or make any adjustments at all to play in the NFL?

This is getting silly.  even the very best college players need time to learn and adjust to the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2016, 01:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So now college players don't need to learn anything new or make any adjustments at all to play in the NFL?

This is getting silly.  even the very best college players need time to learn and adjust to the NFL.

Nope... I learned in this thread that playing in the NFL is no more complicated than being a cashier in a cafeteria. ****, might as well get some high school seniors and put them out there next week. It's a simple game and they'll be ready to play. If they fail (when they fail) the brilliant GMs in this thread will cut them to sign new guys who do it right. No need for practice or an offseason workout program. Hell the players union would love that.

Meanwhile, in the real world....

Guys who know football and what it takes to play it are trying to add this for 2017

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-to-present-formal-proposals-for-a-developmental-league-in-2017/

Cause...they realize how important it is to adjust to the pro game from the college game.... but of course the genius GMs in this thread will say that former NFL players have no clue what they are talking about and a 1st rounder needs to be ready day 1....

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Sure saw several rookies playing elsewhere in the league, and some of them....*gasp*.....were even playing in the secondary! Whoa.....they must be wizzards.

Even if the kid didn't play on Sundays, wouldn't it be beneficial to get snaps in practice? Maybe a little ST time to get acclimated to NFL game speed?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2016, 07:26 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: The point is that they could've brought up Carson or signed a FA to be the 3rd string back.

I'll concede the Carson part, but people saying they could sign a free agent running back this late in the season must think the only thing a running back does is run the ball. I guess there's no reason to know the offense, blocking assignments, etc..... Sarcasm
Reply/Quote
Did anyone see Peerman absolutely obliterate that Raven on a KR today? Brutal.
Reply/Quote