Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peerman gets activated not WJ3
(11-24-2016, 12:17 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: That would have been a tempting move to me.

I'd give Hill and Burkhead the carries, then bring back one of the RB's we had in camp...or some other free agent. Of course, this assumes that WJ3 is ready to go. With a pec injury he likely couldn't lift weights or do other things to prepare.

Reports were that WJ3 was coming back until Gio got injured.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2016, 01:30 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: You know WJ3 can play special teams too.

No No No now you know that will be his primary roll the next 2 years.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2016, 02:07 PM)Sled21 Wrote: QB is not RB. QB's are not hitting the pile and having 5 players land on top of them 30 times in every game..... If the line is doing it's job (I know, right) the QB should come off the field clean. Even when the RB is having a career game, he is going to be tackled and piled on many times.....

Dalton may beg to differ.
Reply/Quote
Anyone defending this move is just as nuts as marvin Lewis. Need rb depth hey how about tre Carson!! Special teams isn't the problem. Have y'all idiots seen will Jackson run and jump? Something we don't have in our secondary!! Duh
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2016, 02:42 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Agree, but what team only keeps 2 RBs on the active roster?

Like I said, I would cut Chykie to make room for WJ3 on the 53...Assuming WJ3 is healthy...which none of really know.

Agree, was waiting for this. Why not let him go. What about Shaun Williams injury? Maybe bring WJ3 back and try Dennard or Shaw at S
Reply/Quote
I see mike browns brother Fred toast is back, defending every bengals move lol
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2016, 03:44 PM)BernLock Wrote: So instead of bringing in the rookie CB see what he has get him experience you want to bring in a special teamer who sucks as a rb. For what. All you keep saying WJ3 is a college corner no experience he won't contribute. What the **** is he going to be next year now. A 1 year CB with no experience. Wouldn't you want him to take some lumps now and gain valuable NFL experiences instead of waiting til next year. Why do you think all of our 1st round CBs are so terrible. Because they don't get any experience for years and then you all ***** about how they aren't performing. Being a corner in the NFL takes time and game experience. This benching 1st rounders for 3 years and then expecting them to come in and be all stars is ridiculous.

(11-23-2016, 03:50 PM)BernLock Wrote: It really doesn't make any sense. There's a million peermans out there that can fill that role. Now WJ3 won't have any NFL experience so Marvin won't play him next year. And everyone on here will call him a bust like they do with all of our first round cbs. Put him in see what you got. He can contribute to one of our worst positions on the team. The running game sucks yes but a lot has to do with the oline

(11-23-2016, 04:00 PM)BernLock Wrote: What is peerman going to contribute??? You think he will magically get the running game going? You've seen what peerman can do. And it's a whole lot of nothing outside of special teams. Special teams isn't the problem. Our secondary is. Look at Artie Burns in Pittsburgh. He's taking his lumps but he's getting better and better and making plays. Because he's on the damn field and actually learning. WJ3 on the bench for 4 years isn't going to make him better

(11-23-2016, 04:06 PM)Sled21 Wrote: And again, it is a position need....

Sorry Sled21, i think he makes alot of good points. Kinda hard to argue this.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2016, 10:59 PM)BernLock Wrote: Long term it doesn't help WJ3. How in the world does this help him long term. By sitting on the bench not practicing not getting game reps helps him? For a shit special team nobody who don't do **** to help the team do anything. Makes total sense! Way better for WJ3 to never play then for him to play.

How does it help him??? 

Well for one, he gets time with a strength and condition coach at the NFL level, not a college level one.

Second, he gets time to practice...from now until next camp he is allowed to rehab and practice with the team. That means he'll get adjusted to the speed of the game.

Third, he can actually let the injury heal to 100% and rebuild strength in it, rather than be out on special teams (which is where he would be right now, not starting) and run the risk of getting it re-injured in some garbage scrum.

I'm not sure what part of this is so hard to understand. It is a rookie CB, who is 6th on the depth chart and wouldn't have seen any reps with his limited time practicing. 

Why some of you are just so ready to toss the kid out there watch him fail and then call him a bust is beyond me. Let the kid actually practice and be healthy before putting him on the field.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2016, 01:21 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: How does it help him??? 

Well for one, he gets time with a strength and condition coach at the NFL level, not a college level one.

Second, he gets time to practice...from now until next camp he is allowed to rehab and practice with the team. That means he'll get adjusted to the speed of the game.

Third, he can actually let the injury heal to 100% and rebuild strength in it, rather than be out on special teams (which is where he would be right now, not starting) and run the risk of getting it re-injured in some garbage scrum.

I'm not sure what part of this is so hard to understand. It is a rookie CB, who is 6th on the depth chart and wouldn't have seen any reps with his limited time practicing. 

Why some of you are just so ready to toss the kid out there watch him fail and then call him a bust is beyond me. Let the kid actually practice and be healthy before putting him on the field.

He is 100% 
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2016, 09:32 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Who cares if WJ3 fixes anything this year?! It's OVER! Would be nice to get some of his growing pains over with in meaningless games this season. Instead we bring back a ST's vet who has never been much good as a RB to finish out the last year of his contract

And a 3rd string RB will not fix our O line and will definitely not keep Andy from getting injured

As I said earlier in the thread, we don't know Marvin's current job security.  You can't expect the guy to coach for next year if he's going to get canned if he can't make the playoffs.  Tank the rest of the season for draft position is fan talk.  No HC with a mathematical chance to make the playoffs is going to do that.  Of course, most of us want us to lose out so Marvin gets canned, anyways, so writing off the season to give an unprepared rookie some game reps definitely plays to that end.

We're already having trouble picking up the blitz.  If you don't think Andy can't get hurt because the RB missed a blitz pickup, you're fooling yourself.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2016, 01:30 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: He is 100% 

On August 4th when it happened they feared it was season ending. A second opinion said...maybe it's not season ending. The guy had surgery to re-attach his pectoral muscle.

I can't believe that 3 months later, that he is truly 100%. 

Maybe he feels could enough to get out on the field and was cleared medically, but having a surgery to re-attach a muscle isn't the type of procedure that you bounce back from. Six months is usually when they anticipate you start getting back to where you were, sometimes longer.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-24-2016, 01:31 AM)Whatever Wrote: As I said earlier in the thread, we don't know Marvin's current job security.  You can't expect the guy to coach for next year if he's going to get canned if he can't make the playoffs.  Tank the rest of the season for draft position is fan talk.  No HC with a mathematical chance to make the playoffs is going to do that.  Of course, most of us want us to lose out so Marvin gets canned, anyways, so writing off the season to give an unprepared rookie some game reps definitely plays to that end.

We're already having trouble picking up the blitz.  If you don't think Andy can't get hurt because the RB missed a blitz pickup, you're fooling yourself.

We have played two RBs for the majority of the snaps. This wont change. Hill and Burkhead will get the most playing time. 

We are going with Peerman because he is a veteran spiritual leader. And somebody needs to take over for Burkhead on special teams. But we need the spiritual leader to keep morale high as Marvin leads us nowhere.

Marvin did what he does best. Show his blind preference for veterans that has led to zero postseason wins is still intact. He is shit and this move was shit. He goes with the "safe" choice because he is a nutless coward.

Almost back to square one with the guy. He will battle we will win a couple more. Might get another 8-8ish year like what he used to do. And it will do nothing other than cost us draft position.

But hell, at least we get old trusty Peerman some experience he can show off when he hits free agency. Sucks we have some injuries in the secondary and could use some depth. If only WJ3 was capable of playing special teams. But that is a lofty task for a guy with first round DB athleticism. 

All I know is a first round CB will be tempting next year. Picman is getting old , Dennard has a ways to go , and Kirkpatrick will get a big money offer. If Peerman wasnt the key to our season maybe we could have seen if we had an answer with our first round pick from this year. Oh well. Marv knows best for sure. His consistent post season winning ways show he is the man with the master plan.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2016, 03:23 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Why couldn't they have brought back WJIII and cut Chykie then signed a RB or brought one up from PS?

Do we even have a PS running back?

I'm mobile and haven't been keeping up with the PS roster.

It just seems to me that a back up RB would be easier to scrape up than a CB would might contribute if for some reason they compete for post season.

Fair point, but you know how the Bengals operate. They are going to be loyal to Peerman...Even if he's 30 years old coming off injury. Signing Hillman and bringing WJIII off of IR would've been a better move. 

But if I'm forced to choose strictly between Peerman and WJIII, I think it's obvious you need 3 RBs.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
What I've learned is whatever the Bengals decide to do, there's always going to be fans there to defend it, no matter what it is.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2016, 01:31 AM)Whatever Wrote: As I said earlier in the thread, we don't know Marvin's current job security.  You can't expect the guy to coach for next year if he's going to get canned if he can't make the playoffs.  Tank the rest of the season for draft position is fan talk.  No HC with a mathematical chance to make the playoffs is going to do that.  Of course, most of us want us to lose out so Marvin gets canned, anyways, so writing off the season to give an unprepared rookie some game reps definitely plays to that end.

Wait...  so you're saying Hill and Burkhead are good at picking up the blitz?

It wouldn't be crazy to say they are below average... would it?

I just can't believe this is a talking point for debate.

You guys have no idea if Tra Carson or any FA brought in could possibly block at their level or above.

On a side note...  I don't think Wright has shown anything to help this team.

It sure would be nice to see what Core has to offer.

Do we know what he can do for a fact?  Nope.

However we do know what Wright brings to the table.

This team is in dire need for changes and you'd hope that the head coach would try to tweak what isn't working.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2016, 12:47 AM)TKUHL Wrote: Dalton may beg to differ.

That's why I said "If the oline is doing it's job"...
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2016, 04:47 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: What I've learned is whatever the Bengals decide to do, there's always going to be fans there to defend it, no matter what it is.

Isn't that true.

I used to be on here talking about how we need to sign a free agent at positions of need...and fans would tell me how our model of building through the draft was going to lead to a dynasty.

5 years later...and 0 playoff wins later...26+ years without a playoff win...It doesn't get much worse than that.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2016, 04:10 PM)BernLock Wrote: Not really. There's tons of guys who can fill that role. It's not a need. Secondary has been terrible all year. That's a bigger need then a special teamer who will do nothing as a rb

It's about knowing and accepting your role. Peerman knows and accepts this. Jackson accepts but doesn't know (very little to no camp time). Same with any outside FAs. Not saying I agree with the move, but I can come to understand why they did it, and in all honesty I would probably do the same. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2016, 01:14 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Dumb move. The season is lost, get your rookie valuable reps instead of activating a running back that offers no value getting reps on offense.

Im sure someone will make the special teams argument, but STs has been fine so far without him.

Yes, I know special teams is a place the team is struggling, but Burkhead is doing well in his role and I would have really liked to see WJIII to evaluate him and push the other DBs.  

I think they will 100% re-sign Dre, but might they invest another high draft pick here if they don't know what they have in WJIII?  At least Dennard is playing, and he is a bigger question mark.  
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2016, 01:27 PM)BengalChris Wrote: He says, "...the Bengals are indicating they are still all in on this season even with a 3-6-1 record."

Yep, with no Green and no Gio and no offensive line and not any changes in scheme (2 or 3 TE sets), this team is in allright.

In deep...
Reply/Quote