Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peerman gets activated not WJ3
(11-23-2016, 04:53 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I thought the sarcasm would be pretty easy to pick up. 

Sorry, I'm numb today. I went numb when I read that the team is "all in" for the remainder of the year when they made this move, yet they keep the kicker.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2016, 01:35 PM)NKYRob Wrote: Paul Dehner Jr. reported that both were healthy enough to come off of IR and the team had been leaning towards WJIII until the Bernard injury.  

My God...... :paul:

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
This does look entirely like a Marvin move, but being the Marvin's Advocate, maybe Will Jack didn't heal as quickly as they were expecting? Who knows, just another first round pick not doing shit his rookie year. More the norm than something to be surprised about these last couple years for the Bengals.

EDIT: Just saw someone's post that they were both healthy enough to come off. So nevermind. Total Marvin move. You can find Peermans sitting all about on people's PS and on their couches. Theoretically, unless you drafted terribly, a first round corner shouldn't be so easy to just replace.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2016, 04:56 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Sorry, I'm numb today. I went numb when I read that the team is "all in" for the remainder of the year when they made this move, yet they keep the kicker.

Understandable. It ruined my day even though it is what I fully expected. 
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2016, 02:49 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Can only bring one guy back off the IR in a season. So it was one or the other, and that means WJ3 is shut down for the season now.

The numbers say, this is the right move. WJ3 was not going to get reps anyways. A college cb that missed most of camp would be painful to watch. He'd get toasted over and over and over. That's not meaningful reps, that is potentially shattering the kid's confidence and turning into a wasted pick

Exactly. Then when he gets toasted like Kirk did early in his career it will be the end of it. Fans would've seen all they needed to see and he's a bust.

I don't get why people want to throw rookies to the wolves instead of giving them the best chance to succeed.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2016, 05:00 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Exactly. Then when he gets toasted like Kirk did early in his career it will be the end of it. Fans would've seen all they needed to see and he's a bust.

I don't get why people want to throw rookies to the wolves instead of giving them the best chance to succeed.

Because benching them for years isn't how you develop corners? They need experience to get better. Dre got better when he started playing more. How's dennard development been being hurt and not playing. Artie Burns is getting better and better making plays. Yeah he's taking his lumps but that's how you learn. Through playing. Not sitting on the damn bench for years
[Image: BernLocksig.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2016, 03:23 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Why couldn't they have brought back WJIII and cut Chykie then signed a RB or brought one up from PS?

Do we even have a PS running back?

I'm mobile and haven't been keeping up with the PS roster.

It just seems to me that a back up RB would be easier to scrape up than a CB would might contribute if for some reason they compete for post season.

This....

(11-23-2016, 03:37 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Ok. I dont think anyone is going to argue we can just carry 2 RBs. 

Peerman isnt the only RB we could have added to the roster. He is however the only RB we could add to the roster that would officially end the season of our first round pick.

Peerman isnt a good RB. And he isnt a building block for the future. He can help on special teams. But special teams hasnt been costing us games. Our secondary has been bad. Wonder if a first round pick could help? And our run game has been bad. Wonder if a career special teamer who is officially over the hill at 30 as a RB will help? 

Kirk is going to be a free agent. CBs cost a lot. Sure would be nice to get our rookie first round pick some experience before we let Kirk walk. 

Chykie Brown is still on the team while our healthy first round pick got sent to IR. We have had a RB on the practice squad all year who knows the plays. He could have easily been brought up. 

This is a mediocre Marv move all day. 

....so much this.....

(11-23-2016, 03:44 PM)BernLock Wrote: So instead of bringing in the rookie CB see what he has get him experience you want to bring in a special teamer who sucks as a rb. For what. All you keep saying WJ3 is a college corner no experience he won't contribute. What the **** is he going to be next year now. A 1 year CB with no experience. Wouldn't you want him to take some lumps now and gain valuable NFL experiences instead of waiting til next year. Why do you think all of our 1st round CBs are so terrible. Because they don't get any experience for years and then you all ***** about how they aren't performing. Being a corner in the NFL takes time and game experience. This benching 1st rounders for 3 years and then expecting them to come in and be all stars is ridiculous.

this.....

(11-23-2016, 03:50 PM)BernLock Wrote: It really doesn't make any sense. There's a million peermans out there that can fill that role. Now WJ3 won't have any NFL experience so Marvin won't play him next year. And everyone on here will call him a bust like they do with all of our first round cbs. Put him in see what you got. He can contribute to one of our worst positions on the team. The running game sucks yes but a lot has to do with the oline

....and this.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Looks like the fake punt will be added back to the playbook.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2016, 05:04 PM)BernLock Wrote: Because benching them for years isn't how you develop corners? They need experience to get better. Dre got better when he started playing more. How's dennard development been being hurt and not playing. Artie Burns is getting better and better making plays. Yeah he's taking his lumps but that's how you learn. Through playing. Not sitting on the damn bench for years

You can't blame the coaches for Dennard being hurt or Kirk being hurt that's been some of the reason why these guys have taken a while to get going. Same with WJII now. If it was as simple as that then why do we even bother with Training Camp, OTA or hell even practice? Just throw him in there who cares if he has never played the game at the highest level, missed the majority of training camp and is coming off of a major injury. That sounds like Madden Football not real life. 

The Steelers also have nothing at CB. Kirk is developing. Dennard and Shaw are both getting their time.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2016, 05:47 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: You can't blame the coaches for Dennard being hurt or Kirk being hurt that's been some of the reason why these guys have taken a while to get going. Same with WJII now. If it was as simple as that then why do we even bother with Training Camp, OTA or hell even practice? Just throw him in there who cares if he has never played the game at the highest level, missed the majority of training camp and is coming off of a major injury. That sounds like Madden Football not real life. 

The Steelers also have nothing at CB. Kirk is developing. Dennard and Shaw are both getting their time.

If Will Jack can't immediately force someone as truly terrible as Chykie Brown off the team with pure athleticism and god-given talent, then he never deserved to be a first round pick in the first place.

Kirk is in his 5th year. (He has gotten to be pretty decent, stupid penalties aside, but still hasn't been worth the 17th overall pick those years ago.)

Dennard is in his 3rd year. He looks to be too slow to keep up with WRs (not a surprise from his 4.51 time he ran) and he won't get faster as he gets older. 5-10 pounds of muscle and a move to safety might be his only future.

Shaw looks like a pretty decent player, but for a 4th round pick, it's not strange for him to still need a little work in his second year. Still been rather pleased with him thus far.

At some point the Bengals started treating rookie contracts like developmental time, rather than cost controlled player time. It shouldn't take 5 years for a first round CB to be any good.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2016, 05:47 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: You can't blame the coaches for Dennard being hurt or Kirk being hurt that's been some of the reason why these guys have taken a while to get going. Same with WJII now. If it was as simple as that then why do we even bother with Training Camp, OTA or hell even practice? Just throw him in there who cares if he has never played the game at the highest level, missed the majority of training camp and is coming off of a major injury. That sounds like Madden Football not real life. 

Except he is healthy now and would have been able to practice with the team. So we can blame the coaches and front office for officially wasting his season. 

The team that just beat us had a rookie first round pick get hurt very early on and miss all of training camp. And my god these fools let him play this year. Just threw him in there like he has played the game of football before. Now with no training camp and coming off a major injury Shaq Lawson has 2 sacks and is contributing to his team and getting better. 

I mean these guys could have signed Gilberry and just shut their rookie first round pick down for the year and played it safe. Instead they did the unthinkable and allowed a guy they used a first round pick on to play. 
Reply/Quote
On the bright side two of our starting DBs missed practice today. Sure would have been nice if we had a super talented young first round pick floating around that could maybe come in and bolster our depth. At least we have Chykie Brown and a rookie who was a 3rd round pick that was already cut by the team that drafted him waiting in the wings.
Reply/Quote
NATI BENGALS Wrote:Except he is healthy now and would have been able to practice with the team. So we can blame the coaches and front office for officially wasting his season. 

The team that just beat us had a rookie first round pick get hurt very early on and miss all of training camp. And my god these fools let him play this year. Just threw him in there like he has played the game of football before. Now with no training camp and coming off a major injury Shaq Lawson has 2 sacks and is contributing to his team and getting better. 

I mean these guys could have signed Gilberry and just shut their rookie first round pick down for the year and played it safe. Instead they did the unthinkable and allowed a guy they used a first round pick on to play. 

Hate to break it to ya but his season was wasted when he got put on IR and missed training camp and pre-season. Plus the likely hood of him beating out Dennard or Shaw and actually getting playing time is slim due to his missed practice time, lack of experience and coming off of a major injury. Why would we skip over those two if we're looking to get the young guys experience? Plus you still have Kirk who we have to make a decision in the off-season. It's like trying to force a square peg in a round hole just because he's a first round pick and that's a sensitive topic around here

Who was the first round picks Lawson he took over for? Who exactly do you want to bench to start WJ3? I haven't read a plan anywhere in this thread just a bunch of whiners who are crying in their beer over the season lost season which isn't officially lost yet.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2016, 03:44 PM)BernLock Wrote:  What the **** is he going to be next year now. A 1 year CB with no experience. Wouldn't you want him to take some lumps now and gain valuable NFL experiences instead of waiting til next year. 

(11-23-2016, 03:50 PM)BernLock Wrote:  Now WJ3 won't have any NFL experience so Marvin won't play him next year.

Next year WJ3 will have a full training camp under his belt.  That makes a huge difference.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2016, 01:14 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Dumb move. The season is lost, get your rookie valuable reps instead of activating a running back that offers no value getting reps on offense.

Im sure someone will make the special teams argument, but STs has been fine so far without him.
I am not trying to be contrary, but STs have looked pretty weak this season (or maybe just since Peerman was hurt). I had to laugh during the Giants game when the Bengals kicked and there were at least six Bengals surrounding the returner (it looked like a Bengal's huddle with a Giants player in the middle). And he ran straight up the field and not one of the Bengals laid a hand on him. They certainly looked pathetic on that play. Sad
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2016, 06:09 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: On the bright side two of our starting DBs missed practice today. Sure would have been nice if we had a super talented young first round pick floating around that could maybe come in and bolster our depth. At least we have Chykie Brown and a rookie who was a 3rd round pick that was already cut by the team that drafted him waiting in the wings.

No shit.

People can talk the numbers game all they want.  We need 3 RBs.  Okay.  There are ways getting around that.

The ability to use a CB who was a high round draft pick outweighs that by a mile.(that is unless they've struck out again)

Hell even in limited PT in games, it might make a big difference. 

Reality is...  if Hill goes down, will having Burkhead and Peerman change that fact that the team will be hosed anyway?

Our team can't even get a decent ground game going with blocking and OC coaching with our regular "star" players.

We'd be better off putting Ced O's worthless non blocking ass out there at RB if we run short. LMAO

So bolstering our D might take priority over trying to run behind that atrocious line.

A player who might create a turnover or get the opposing offense off the field on 3rd downs could be crucial at this point.

I guess I don't watch or understand football though.   Rolleyes
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2016, 06:02 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: If Will Jack can't immediately force someone as truly terrible as Chykie Brown off the team with pure athleticism and god-given talent, then he never deserved to be a first round pick in the first place.

That is not the point.

If he forces Brown off the roster then he sits on the bench and does nothing just like Brown was doing.

Meanwhile we only have 2 RBs on our roster.

If Gio was not injured then I have no problem bringing back Jackson.  But with Gio down it is the only move to make.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2016, 06:26 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: So bolstering our D might take priority over trying to run behind that atrocious line.

A player who might create a turnover or get the opposing offense off the field on 3rd downs could be crucial at this point.

I guess I don't watch or understand football though.   Rolleyes

How much have you watched Jackson play this year?
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2016, 03:55 PM)Sled21 Wrote: You do realize than not only does he not have any NFL snaps, he has hardly any training camp??? Yeah, he's gonna contribute..... Sarcasm

You're guessing man.

You don't know either.

So you think he has no clue to what the D does?

Doesn't participate at all?  No learning?  No knowledge of the Bengals D?  Hasn't been keeping in shape/training?

I guess he didn't play fluff football with the regular practice team so he has no ability to contribute.

Our starting vet players look lost sometimes.  Hey looky looky.  Shaw has looked pretty damn good for not being one of "those guys".

Some of that has been in very limited play.  So why not WJIII?
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2016, 06:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: How much have you watched Jackson play this year?

As much as I had previously watched Shaw before he came in and got a shot. 

Unknown works both ways jack.
Reply/Quote