Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peerman gets activated not WJ3
(11-23-2016, 02:25 PM)Froob Wrote: DBs have the same chance of getting hurt as RBs do (even a little higher).  

[Image: guest-102315-12.jpg]

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2015/nfl-injuries-part-iv-variation-position

EDIT: And I do believe Jackson could contribute more than Peerman could.

Our depth at CB is fine though...

Our RB depth is not. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2016, 02:33 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Our depth at CB is fine though...

Our RB depth is not. 

I would rather trust WJIII than the other backup CBs. Would also give WJIII some good playing experience. 
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2016, 02:38 PM)Froob Wrote: I would rather trust WJIII than the other backup CBs. Would also give WJIII some good playing experience. 

Agree, but what team only keeps 2 RBs on the active roster?

Like I said, I would cut Chykie to make room for WJ3 on the 53...Assuming WJ3 is healthy...which none of really know.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2016, 02:42 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Agree, but what team only keeps 2 RBs on the active roster?

Like I said, I would cut Chykie to make room for WJ3 on the 53...Assuming WJ3 is healthy...which none of really know.

Can only bring one guy back off the IR in a season. So it was one or the other, and that means WJ3 is shut down for the season now.

The numbers say, this is the right move. WJ3 was not going to get reps anyways. A college cb that missed most of camp would be painful to watch. He'd get toasted over and over and over. That's not meaningful reps, that is potentially shattering the kid's confidence and turning into a wasted pick. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2016, 02:42 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Agree, but what team only keeps 2 RBs on the active roster?

It isn't about the roster spot. You can only bring 1 player back from IR. Since, we had 2 there...bringing Peerman back meant WJ3 is on IR for the rest of the season.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2016, 02:25 PM)Froob Wrote: DBs have the same chance of getting hurt as RBs do (even a little higher).  

[Image: guest-102315-12.jpg]

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2015/nfl-injuries-part-iv-variation-position

EDIT: And I do believe Jackson could contribute more than Peerman could.

That goes back to the being able to count part. How many Corners are we carrying, and how many running backs are we down to?
Reply/Quote

Why couldn't they have brought back WJIII and cut Chykie then signed a RB or brought one up from PS?

Do we even have a PS running back?

I'm mobile and haven't been keeping up with the PS roster.

It just seems to me that a back up RB would be easier to scrape up than a CB would might contribute if for some reason they compete for post season.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2016, 03:19 PM)Sled21 Wrote: That goes back to the being able to count part. How many Corners are we carrying, and how many running backs are we down to?

Ok. I dont think anyone is going to argue we can just carry 2 RBs. 

Peerman isnt the only RB we could have added to the roster. He is however the only RB we could add to the roster that would officially end the season of our first round pick.

Peerman isnt a good RB. And he isnt a building block for the future. He can help on special teams. But special teams hasnt been costing us games. Our secondary has been bad. Wonder if a first round pick could help? And our run game has been bad. Wonder if a career special teamer who is officially over the hill at 30 as a RB will help? 

Kirk is going to be a free agent. CBs cost a lot. Sure would be nice to get our rookie first round pick some experience before we let Kirk walk. 

Chykie Brown is still on the team while our healthy first round pick got sent to IR. We have had a RB on the practice squad all year who knows the plays. He could have easily been brought up. 

This is a mediocre Marv move all day. 
Reply/Quote
So instead of bringing in the rookie CB see what he has get him experience you want to bring in a special teamer who sucks as a rb. For what. All you keep saying WJ3 is a college corner no experience he won't contribute. What the **** is he going to be next year now. A 1 year CB with no experience. Wouldn't you want him to take some lumps now and gain valuable NFL experiences instead of waiting til next year. Why do you think all of our 1st round CBs are so terrible. Because they don't get any experience for years and then you all ***** about how they aren't performing. Being a corner in the NFL takes time and game experience. This benching 1st rounders for 3 years and then expecting them to come in and be all stars is ridiculous.
[Image: BernLocksig.jpg]
Reply/Quote
And Peerman is a free agent next year. Could have evaluated some younger RBs and possibly had a solution for one of the RB spots next year.

This move was basically a given when they carried Peerman on the initial 53 man roster and made sure he would be available as our IR return guy. They can say all they want that they were leaning WJ3 until Gio was hurt. But Marvin was planning on bringing his trusty vet back all along.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2016, 03:45 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: And Peerman is a free agent next year. Could have evaluated some younger RBs and possibly had a solution for one of the RB spots next year.

This move was basically a given when they carried Peerman on the initial 53 man roster and made sure he would be available as our IR return guy. They can say all they want that they were leaning WJ3 until Gio was hurt. But Marvin was planning on bringing his trusty vet back all along.

It really doesn't make any sense. There's a million peermans out there that can fill that role. Now WJ3 won't have any NFL experience so Marvin won't play him next year. And everyone on here will call him a bust like they do with all of our first round cbs. Put him in see what you got. He can contribute to one of our worst positions on the team. The running game sucks yes but a lot has to do with the oline
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2016, 03:44 PM)BernLock Wrote: So instead of bringing in the rookie CB see what he has get him experience you want to bring in a special teamer who sucks as a rb. For what. All you keep saying WJ3 is a college corner no experience he won't contribute. What the **** is he going to be next year now. A 1 year CB with no experience. Wouldn't you want him to take some lumps now and gain valuable NFL experiences instead of waiting til next year. Why do you think all of our 1st round CBs are so terrible. Because they don't get any experience for years and then you all ***** about how they aren't performing. Being a corner in the NFL takes time and game experience. This benching 1st rounders for 3 years and then expecting them to come in and be all stars is ridiculous.

You do realize than not only does he not have any NFL snaps, he has hardly any training camp??? Yeah, he's gonna contribute..... Sarcasm
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2016, 03:55 PM)Sled21 Wrote: You do realize than not only does he not have any NFL snaps, he has hardly any training camp??? Yeah, he's gonna contribute..... Sarcasm

What is peerman going to contribute??? You think he will magically get the running game going? You've seen what peerman can do. And it's a whole lot of nothing outside of special teams. Special teams isn't the problem. Our secondary is. Look at Artie Burns in Pittsburgh. He's taking his lumps but he's getting better and better and making plays. Because he's on the damn field and actually learning. WJ3 on the bench for 4 years isn't going to make him better
Reply/Quote
And again, it is a position need....
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2016, 04:06 PM)Sled21 Wrote: And again, it is a position need....

Not really. There's tons of guys who can fill that role. It's not a need. Secondary has been terrible all year. That's a bigger need then a special teamer who will do nothing as a rb
Reply/Quote
B
(11-23-2016, 03:19 PM)Sled21 Wrote: That goes back to the being able to count part. How many Corners are we carrying, and how many running backs are we down to?

I have no problems counting quality players.

Kirkpatrick - 1

Jones - 0.5

Shaw - 0.25

Brown - 0

Dennard - .25

Russel - 0

--------

Hill - 1

Burkhead - 1

Hewitt - .25

---------

You need a lot more cbs on your team than you do RBs.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2016, 01:57 PM)Sled21 Wrote: You know, if people want to criticize Marvin for stupid decisions, I'm right there with you. But criticizing this decision means you can't add or know nothing about football. It was the ONLY decision to make.....

True. As much as i like to point out the stupidity of the management team, you can't really criticize adding experienced depth where it's needed more.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
When you have such a strong core of veterans with countless playoff wins, why would you not want to keep loading your roster with them?

Hell, we brought Gilberry back and he provided an instant spark to our D line. 3 sacks over the last two games as a team. Yuge.

Now that Peerman is back we will be unstoppable when we punt the ball.

Who cares that we are 3-6-1 with a lame duck head coach. Loading up on these players who will be free agents next year and probably out of the league is how you prepare for the future. There is a 99.9% chance we win out even though AJ Green will be unavailable. So adding as many of these guys who have proved time and again they get us wins in the postseason is the way to go.

No team has ever won when they had to play a young inexperienced guy. Peerman is a proven offensive contributor who is just what the doctor ordered. He has only been in the league 7 years yet he almost has 500 total yards on offense. And don't get me started on how big that one touchdown he has is. If there ever were a TD machine that could spark this team it is Peerman.

Getting your first round pick some real experience is what idiots do. No head coach worth a shit thinks getting a young high draft pick playing time does any good.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2016, 04:39 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: When you have such a strong core of veterans with countless playoff wins, why would you not want to keep loading your roster with them?

Hell, we brought Gilberry back and he provided an instant spark to our D line. 3 sacks over the last two games as a team. Yuge.

Now that Peerman is back we will be unstoppable when we punt the ball.

Who cares that we are 3-6-1 with a lame duck head coach. Loading up on these players who will be free agents next year and probably out of the league is how you prepare for the future. There is a 99.9% chance we win out even though AJ Green will be unavailable. So adding as many of these guys who have proved time and again they get us wins in the postseason is the way to go.

No team has ever won when they had to play a young inexperienced guy. Peerman is a proven offensive contributor who is just what the doctor ordered. He has only been in the league 7 years yet he almost has 500 total yards on offense. And don't get me started on how big that one touchdown he has is. If there ever were a TD machine that could spark this team it is Peerman.

Getting your first round pick some real experience is what idiots do. No head coach worth a shit thinks getting a young high draft pick playing time does any good.

First point, there's a higher chance the Bengals lose out rather than win out. Where'd this 99.9% chance come from?

Second point, lots of teams have won the SB with a rookie playing a spot.

The team has 1 win in the last 6 games. Turning this season around is a joke. Hilarious

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2016, 04:46 PM)BengalChris Wrote: First point, there's a higher chance the Bengals lose out rather than win out. Where'd this 99.9% chance come from?

Second point, lots of teams have won the SB with a rookie playing a spot.

The team has 1 win in the last 6 games. Turning this season around is a joke. Hilarious

I thought the sarcasm would be pretty easy to pick up. 
Reply/Quote