Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peko on Bengals attitude
Interesting comments from Peko. I think this is something that us fans have already known for awhile though...

https://twitter.com/NickiJhabvala/status/864586114505596928

[Image: C_-gai1UIAAC68I.jpg]
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Is he sure they want to win a championship? After all, they did sign him when he's way past his prime.
For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
2 Timothy 1:7

Reply/Quote
Irony is that Bengals now have a better shot at winning a playoff game/championship without Peko. Props to him for his time and contribution here, but it was time to move on from Peko about 2 years ago.
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2017, 12:49 PM)Mer Wrote: Is he sure they want to win a championship? After all, they did sign him when he's way past his prime.

(05-17-2017, 12:50 PM)Lionel Hutz Wrote: Irony is that Bengals now have a better shot at winning a playoff game/championship without Peko.  Props to him for his time and contribution here, but it was time to move on from Peko about 2 years ago.

Yeah, nothing against Peko but he was never that gamechanging player to get us over the hump.

One trick pony that was good at stopping the run a few years ago. 2015 he actually had a good year and surprised me
but the rotation helped as well. Great rotation that year but i think it will be better this year honestly with Billings, Willis
and Lawson now in the fold. Billings is not a one trick pony, he can stop the run and rush the passer.
Reply/Quote
Just for the record I always liked Peko. I was just tired of seeing him either making tackles way past the line of scrimmage instead of at it or flying over the pile because he was late to the party.

Side note: The block against the long haired Stoolers safety was awesome!!!
For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
2 Timothy 1:7

Reply/Quote
Well he was a major part of the past failures, so he really cant say a whole lot.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
His sub-standard play aside, what he said (in regards to the Bengals) is 100% accurate.
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2017, 01:01 PM)Mer Wrote: Just for the record I always liked Peko. I was just tired of seeing him either making tackles way past the line of scrimmage instead of at it or flying over the pile because he was late to the party.

Side note: The block against the long haired Stoolers safety was awesome!!!

Loved that block on Polamalu.

(05-17-2017, 01:01 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Well he was a major part of the past failures, so he really cant say a whole lot.

Really nice guy but this kind of surprised me a bit as i heard from quite a few players over the years saying they
wanted to win it all. Dansby said he came here cause he wanted to win it all. The problem has been our coaches
from the top down, not the players. But Peko was always i guy i thought we could get an upgrade over.
Reply/Quote
Peko will be missed. He was a pretty tough guy, just not stellar at anything. Kinda like the guy you could depend on coming to work everyday, but not taking your company to the next level.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2017, 01:17 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Peko will be missed. He was a pretty tough guy, just not stellar at anything. Kinda like the guy you could depend on coming to work everyday, but not taking your company to the next level.

Peko was just too damn nice IMHO. We need mean sumbitches here, i remember him saying he was sorry to Joe Thomas once.

Not cool in my eyes. It is cool to be a nice guy off the field but on the field i am with you and want intimidators out there.

Willis, Lawson and Glasgow type players. :andy:
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2017, 01:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Peko was just too damn nice IMHO. We need mean sumbitches here, i remember him saying he was sorry to Joe Thomas once.

Not cool in my eyes. It is cool to be a nice guy off the field but on the field i am with you and want intimidators out there.

Willis, Lawson and Glasgow type players. :andy:

I sure hope your right and couldn't agree more. We need some guys who are not intimidated or apologetic. We need guys who's eyes change color once touching the field. Guys who breathe fire and desire to not only win every game, but win every play. Mean sumbitches sums it up nicely.

Reply/Quote
I guess I don't see the problem with the "let's win a playoff game" mindset. It's a milestone that hasn't yet been achieved. Achieve the first milestone, then focus on the next one.

All Peko has done is try to skip the first one by joining a team who has already achieved it. Where's the greatness in that?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
...and he was defensive captain so put that in your pipe and smoke it.
Reply/Quote
A team that wants to win a championship doesn't sign washed up DTs that can't stop the run or rush the passer.

A team that wants to win a championship does let those players leave via free agency, though.
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2017, 01:44 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: A team that wants to win a championship doesn't sign washed up DTs that can't stop the run or rush the passer.

A team that wants to win a championship does let those players leave via free agency, though.

Don't quite put a feather in the teams cap here by letting him go. It was overdue.

Reply/Quote
(05-17-2017, 01:45 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Don't quite put a feather in the teams cap here by letting him go. It was overdue.

....by at least 3 years.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Peko is just another in a long line of respected former Bengals to take some shots after they leave.

They can't all be wrong, right?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2017, 01:56 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Peko is just another in a long line of respected former Bengals to take some shots after they leave.

I am thankful for his time here. His stay was a little extended past what it should have been, but he was a decent player.

Reply/Quote
(05-17-2017, 01:56 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Peko is just another in a long line of respected former Bengals to take some shots after they leave.

Nope. 

This falls under the category of where there is smoke, there is fire.

Guys leave, guys talk about the mindset here, the way things are done here that are wrong, they ***** about Mike Brown and then...here on a message board people get upset and call them washed up or get butt-hurt.

I find it funny, Peko said the same thing we've said for years, but when he says it people get upset. This team has the wrong coach, owner and mindset. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(05-17-2017, 02:06 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Nope. 

This falls under the category of where there is smoke, there is fire.

Guys leave, guys talk about the mindset here, the way things are done here that are wrong, they ***** about Mike Brown and then...here on a message board people get upset and call them washed up or get butt-hurt.

I find it funny, Peko said the same thing we've said for years, but when he says it people get upset. This team has the wrong coach, owner and mindset. 

Well Peko is right about the mindset and we are right about him being washed up and being part of the problem when he was here.

These mediocre players are the type we should of been upgrading, not holding onto far past their prime.
Reply/Quote