Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pence Staged Exit.
(10-10-2017, 11:09 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Interesting that they didn't write in the rule that there would be punishment for not standing, etc. They only say player should do these things, but does not say a lack of doing so will result in any punitive action.

Yeah obviously that's on purpose.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-10-2017, 11:09 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Interesting that they didn't write in the rule that there would be punishment for not standing, etc. They only say player should do these things, but does not say a lack of doing so will result in any punitive action.

The US flag code says "should" also.

But luckily we have real Americans who think you must be forced to stand because...America is the land of freedom.   Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Mike Tomlin probably isn't in the best mood today.
(10-10-2017, 11:14 AM)GMDino Wrote: The US flag code says "should" also.

But luckily we have real Americans who think you should be forced to salute because...America is the land of freedom.   Mellow

Well, it uses should for everything in it. Like, the flag should never be carried horizontally. It should never be used in clothing; advertising; embroidered on handkerchiefs or cushions; imprinted on paper napkins, plates, boxes, or any other disposable items; and no part should be used in athletic uniforms. But, you know, the kneeling.
(10-10-2017, 11:40 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Well, it uses should for everything in it. Like, the flag should never be carried horizontally. It should never be used in clothing; advertising; embroidered on handkerchiefs or cushions; imprinted on paper napkins, plates, boxes, or any other disposable items; and no part should be used in athletic uniforms. But, you know, the kneeling.

Are you implying these are not hard, fast rules meant to be dealt with some kind of punishment for violating them?!?!

Or that some people will break some of the rules while criticizing other for breaking other parts?

I do believe I may faint from the shock.  Smirk
(10-10-2017, 11:01 AM)Vlad Wrote:  Well well, the NFL changes its obscure rule...

https://deadspin.com/the-nfl-quietly-changed-its-obscure-rule-about-standing-1819300660

Added to the rule:

Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline. such as fines, suspensions, and/or forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses. 
View image on Twitter

[Image: DLu7sJiW4AAMVjl.jpg:small]

Explain how you think the change in verbiage effectively changes anything?
(10-10-2017, 11:42 AM)GMDino Wrote: Are you implying these are not hard, fast rules meant to be dealt with some kind of punishment for violating them?!?!

Or that some people will break some of the rules while criticizing other for breaking other parts?

I do believe I may faint from the shock.  Smirk

The people who care about this aren't saying they should be imprisoned.  They don't like it, so they boycott the NFL or whatever.  Or say they are.  The NFL being a business may then react.  

Obviously the players are intending to do something.  They are doing it on purpose.  You call attention by purposely doing something unlike the way it should be done.  You're trying to act like they're not.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

It is interesting, it would have been smart to do, but when has Goodell ever done something smart?  The NBA has this rule, and has for some time.  I'm not even going to look into it, but I'm willing to bet heavily the NBA made this rule after that muslim player on the Knicks started protesting the National Anthem in the mid/late 90's.  They nipped that in the bud and it was a smart business decision to do so.

One thing that is constantly ignored in the national discussion on these protests is that these guys are protesting, in uniform, at their place of employment.  The 1st amendment does not protect you from expressing your views at your place of employment, so limiting the ability to protest would in no way violate anyone's constitutional rights.  I found myself in the rare position of agreeing with Stephen A. Smith the other day, Trump has poisoned these protests (although I believe Kaepernick did a good job of that on his own) and they no longer mean what they where meant to mean by many.  What many people don't get is that you don't get to decide how your actions are perceived by others.  I'm afraid the dye is well and truly cast on this subject for most Americans, on both sides.
(10-10-2017, 11:56 AM)michaelsean Wrote:   The people who care about this aren't saying they should be imprisoned.  They don't like it, so they boycott the NFL or whatever.  Or say they are.  The NFL being a business may then react.  

Obviously the players are intending to do something.  They are doing it on purpose.  You call attention by purposely doing something unlike the way it should be done.  You're trying to act like they're not.  

The players stated exactly why they were kneeling and came out unified that they support the troops and were not disrespecting the flag.

The response?

"YOU HATE VETERANS AND ARE DISRESPECTING THE FLAG!!11!!1!"

It's a joke.  People deliberately distracting and making accusations just to avoid the actual reason for the protest.
(10-10-2017, 11:56 AM)michaelsean Wrote:   The people who care about this aren't saying they should be imprisoned.  They don't like it, so they boycott the NFL or whatever.  Or say they are.  The NFL being a business may then react.  

I think my issue is that there is a lot of manufactured outrage claiming that these players and owners are disrespecting the flag, and therefore the country and service members. Meanwhile, the people saying this are drinking a Budweiser out of a can with an American flag on it, cooking brats while wearing a flag apron, a flag bandanna, flag boxers, and putting them on a paper plate with a flag on them and wiping their greasy mouths on flag napkins. All of which is something else against the code (and actually in the "respect for the flag" section).

So in short, they can bite me for their selective faux outrage.
(10-10-2017, 11:18 AM)Benton Wrote: Mike Tomlin probably isn't in the best mood today.

Mike Tomlin should be unemployed today.  Whatever
(10-10-2017, 11:18 AM)Benton Wrote: Mike Tomlin probably isn't in the best mood today.

(10-10-2017, 12:09 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Mike Tomlin should be unemployed today.  Whatever

I don't even know what all this is about. LOL

I have been paying more attention to the Redskins this year than the Steelers.
(10-10-2017, 12:12 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I don't even know what all this is about. LOL

I have been paying more attention to the Redskins this year than the Steelers.

You haven't missed anything, other than one of the most underperforming teams in NFL history.
(10-10-2017, 12:03 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I think my issue is that there is a lot of manufactured outrage claiming that these players and owners are disrespecting the flag, and therefore the country and service members. Meanwhile, the people saying this are drinking a Budweiser out of a can with an American flag on it, cooking brats while wearing a flag apron, a flag bandanna, flag boxers, and putting them on a paper plate with a flag on them and wiping their greasy mouths on flag napkins. All of which is something else against the code (and actually in the "respect for the flag" section).

So in short, they can bite me for their selective faux outrage.

Not to mention the spectators in the stands scratching their balls, playing grab ass, talking, running to the concession stand or the bathroom, etcetera who aren't rendering honors to the service members, flag, or national anthem. Or the ones at home sitting on their asses during the national anthem while complaining about the players.
So have Republicans just ditched the whole fiscal responsibility approach or was that just a load of crap to begin with?
(10-10-2017, 12:17 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: So have Republicans just ditched the whole fiscal responsibility approach or was that just a load of crap to begin with?

Yes and yes.
(10-10-2017, 12:09 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Mike Tomlin should be unemployed today.  Whatever

Get that son of a ***** off the field! He's fired!!!!
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(10-10-2017, 10:18 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: So, Trump's recent tweet about changing tax laws to punish the NFL over player protests, would be a violation of the first amendment.  And, since when do Republicans want more government control over what private businesses do?

What tax law would affect only the NFL?

Insanity: Libs feigning outrage about Pence feigning outrage.

As to the whole kneeling thing allow me to share an analogy:

If I walk into a club, see a lady with a wedding band on, still throw the bfine moves on her, and take her back to the bcrib. Have I disrespected anyone or anything?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(10-10-2017, 01:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Insanity: Libs feigning outrage about Pence feigning outrage.  

As to the whole kneeling thing allow me to share an analogy:

If I walk into a club, see a lady with a wedding band on, still throw the bfine moves on her, and take her back to the bcrib. Have I disrespected anyone or anything?

Well personally I find drugging a woman to take her back to your place illegal AND disrespectful.  Ninja