Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pence Staged Exit.
(10-09-2017, 08:06 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I think the average person likes Trump more than you would like to admit. He creates jobs and he is a Patriot President at a time Obama had deeply divided us, Trump woke up the Patriots and reminded everyone Americans and America first and screw the rest of the world if it hurts 1 American.

As for the SC, the simple fear of the far left using the court system to kill American values was eliminated by electing President Trump so I will sleep better knowing they are screwed now for decades as anything of great importance legally always ends up the hands of the SC.

Oh I know man. I'm as blue collar as they come, and I know people who think he's their damn personal saviour. For the life of me, I can't see how they think he's the champion of the working man. I guess it's because he has a knack for appealing to their pent up anger. I just see things a lil differently. I don't let a man, whether it be Obama, Trump, Bush, Clinton, Reagan, or Ford unite or divide me. They live hundreds of miles from me. How can they cause a schism between me and my fellow citizens? If those divisions don't already exist in hearts, and minds, how can the president cause them? Now if you tell me that a sensationalist media (on the left and right) stokes the flames of division from time to time, I'll agree with you.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(10-09-2017, 08:06 PM)jason Wrote: I think in an honest moment of reflection, even his most ardent detractors on this board will admit that he has little to no affect on their day to day... I might be wrong though.

You would be wrong in assuming they would admit it; however, you are most likely right on the personal affect. Trump held up a promotion of mine for over 3 months and forced 3 folks to try to do the job of 5. His Presidency has probably affected me more than most in the forum. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-09-2017, 09:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You would be wrong in assuming they would admit it; however, you are most likely right on the personal affect. Trump held up a promotion of mine for over 3 months and forced 3 folks to try to do the job of 5. His Presidency has probably affected me more than most in the forum. 

Yeah. The president can affect some more than he does me for sure. The ACA affected my taxes, til I figured out that as an independent contractor with dependents I was elligible for a different program.

I personally don't think it's healthy for anybody to allow Trump or Obama or the rest of them to live in their heads. The coverage is constant, and it's hard to remove yourself from it sometimes... Like when they stick their nose into sporting events that in general bring more people together than a president ever would... You catch the University if Florida's fans singing Tom Petty in unison on Saturday? At that moment, there were no libtards or republic***ts... Just Americans having a good time, and bonding.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(10-09-2017, 06:37 PM)Benton Wrote: Trump was flailing and needed something to get people angry about. He picked up an issue that had been a non-issue for months. And the media, his base, and his detractors took the bait instead of just saying "Why are you talking about a football player instead of balancing the budget?"

I dunno. Supposedly the media pool was advised to stay in their vehicles as the Veep's visit would be short and they would be left if they wandered off.

I didn't care about their walk off.

I do care about him using tax dollars to make a statement. 

If all he cared about was getting his message out — that he disapproves of the Colts protesting Trump's comments — then he could've done it for little to no cost by picking up the phone and calling the media relations office. BAM, saved enough money to buy new textbooks for a few schools in Indiana next year. 

And the leftists in the media and NFL fell for it. There is a bit of genius in his move here but I do not think for a minute he planned it out. He fell bass ackwards into this political gem .
(10-09-2017, 10:01 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: And the leftists in the media and NFL fell for it. There is a bit of genius in his move here but I do not think for a minute he planned it out. He fell bass ackwards into this political gem .

How is it a gem? What positive did he bring about by falling bass ackward into this? It obviously riled up those that don't care for pro football, and the casual fan, but I think his job is to be the chief executive of the country. Hes obviously better at hooting and hollering than he is at anything with real substance, but come on. This was Mr Trump being a hype man or a cheerleader.

I'll Grant you this... They did fall for it by responding. A simple "If you want us to stick to sports, then please stick to politics, and give governing a try for once." would have been more effective.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(10-09-2017, 10:55 PM)jason Wrote: How is it a gem? What positive did he bring about by falling bass ackward into this? It obviously riled up those that don't care for pro football, and the casual fan, but I think his job is to be the chief executive of the country. Hes obviously better at hooting and hollering than he is at anything with real substance, but come on. This was Mr Trump being a hype man or a cheerleader.

I'll Grant you this... They did fall for it by responding. A simple "If you want us to stick to sports, then please stick to politics, and give governing a try for once." would have been more effective.

Exactly.

I don't really like that this is even an issue. But it is funny how much the leftists and the media will jump the shark in response to anything Trump does.

The reason they react so crazy is because Trump is fighting a culture war with them and no republican or conservative has tried to fight the culture war. They have only reacted and apologized.

Trump is winning the culture war against the left.
(10-09-2017, 10:01 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: And the leftists in the media and NFL fell for it. There is a bit of genius in his move here but I do not think for a minute he planned it out. He fell bass ackwards into this political gem .

The leftist in the NFL? Wow, now the NFL is a leftist organization.
(10-09-2017, 07:46 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: LOL

He won

He named 1 Supreme Court Justice and likely to name 2 more thus changing the make up of the SC for decades.

If he does no more, he killed the liberal agenda for decades. I can't wait to watch heads explode when Kennedy and Ginsberg get replaced by Trump with judges who lean right.

Trump won the big one and the left can't do anything about it for at least 3.5 years and maybe 7.5.......LOL

To the bold: Thanks, I hadn't heard. I thought he might have, but I wasn't sure as he's never stopped campaigning. 
To the rest: I don't care. We've got a lot of problems (as a country), I could care less about one side scoring points over the other.

(10-09-2017, 08:06 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I think the average person likes Trump more than you would like to admit. He creates jobs and he is a Patriot President at a time Obama had deeply divided us, Trump woke up the Patriots and reminded everyone Americans and America first and screw the rest of the world if it hurts 1 American.

As for the SC, the simple fear of the far left using the court system to kill American values was eliminated by electing President Trump so I will sleep better knowing they are screwed now for decades as anything of great importance legally always ends up the hands of the SC.

Eh, I'm not sure WTF you're referring to. We're still on the same course estimates we were on four or five years ago, although indicators are unemployment is going to grow.

Which isn't all Trump's fault. The first year of any presidency is largely the last year of his predecessor. But if the trend from the last couple months continues, as we move out of the Obama years, we're going to be facing more unemployment. My hope is he will learn from his Carrier debacle: you can't just throw sacks of money at businesses without conditions to keep jobs here.

But he hasn't really shown any signs of learning from his mistakes.

(10-09-2017, 10:01 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: And the leftists in the media and NFL fell for it.     There is a bit of genius in his move here but I do not think for a minute he planned it out.   He fell bass ackwards into this political gem .

He knows how to use public relations, for sure. But I agree, I don't think it was planned. I think he just throws poop out there and sees what sticks. He knows if he says enough inflammatory things, someone will make it a headline.

(10-09-2017, 10:55 PM)jason Wrote: How is it a gem? What positive did he bring about by falling bass ackward into this? It obviously riled up those that don't care for pro football, and the casual fan, but I think his job is to be the chief executive of the country. Hes obviously better at hooting and hollering than he is at anything with real substance, but come on. This was Mr Trump being a hype man or a cheerleader.

But he doesn't know how to lead. He knows how to hoot and holler. That's why he's never stopped talking about Hillary, or telling boys scouts weird stories about other real estate developers he outlasted.
Estimates of this staged foto opp are between 200 to 250 thousand bucks. Don't blame Pence too much, Trump uses him as a prop to do his bidding. Instead of draining the swamp, Trump is draining the treasury. What is sad is the Trump kool-aid lovers on here still trying to defend this wasteful stunt.
Pence should of wrapped himself in an American flag like Shaun the pest Hannity does. This would really fire up Trump's hillbilly base. How dare those nasty Negroes disrespect the flag.
(10-10-2017, 05:32 AM)ballsofsteel Wrote: This would really fire up Trump's hillbilly base.

I thought the consensus was that "hillbilly" was a racist term?
(10-10-2017, 12:02 AM)Benton Wrote: To the bold: Thanks, I hadn't heard. I thought he might have, but I wasn't sure as he's never stopped campaigning. 
To the rest: I don't care. We've got a lot of problems (as a country), I could care less about one side scoring points over the other.

Not gonna lie Benton, but I'm kind of surprised you don't care about the Supreme Court since they have a hand in dealing with our "problems".
(10-10-2017, 09:28 AM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: Not gonna lie Benton, but I'm kind of surprised you don't care about the Supreme Court since they have a hand in dealing with our "problems".

In regard to constitutional items. Right to bear arms, etc.

But we’re getting in some bad territory in regard to healthcare, education and jobs. The scotus can have an effect on those areas, but not as much as congress doing its job to represent the people, not donors.
(10-09-2017, 08:06 PM)jason Wrote: I think in an honest moment of reflection, even his most ardent detractors on this board will admit that he has little to no affect on their day to day... I might be wrong though.

Yup.  Which is why I pay little attention to politics anymore.  I like coming to this board to kill time and kick some things around, but I stopped worrying about what was happening in Washington several years ago.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(10-10-2017, 09:12 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I thought the consensus was that "hillbilly" was a racist term?

I think the jury is still out. I prefer to be called hillbilly, while the term redneck irritates me.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
So, Trump's recent tweet about changing tax laws to punish the NFL over player protests, would be a violation of the first amendment. And, since when do Republicans want more government control over what private businesses do?
(10-09-2017, 11:06 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Exactly.

I don't really like that this is even an issue. But it is funny how much the leftists and the media will jump the shark in response to anything Trump does.

The reason they react so crazy is because Trump is fighting a culture war with them and no republican or conservative has tried to fight the culture war. They have only reacted and apologized.

Trump is winning the culture war against the left.

It is hard to argue against that. He's completely hijacked their lil protest. Everyone is talking about veterans, and flags, and disrespect.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(10-09-2017, 11:27 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: The leftist in the NFL?  Wow, now the NFL is a leftist organization.

C'mon man, you typed it..he said leftist IN the NFL, not that it is a leftist organization.
The leftist infestation is everywhere.

I hate when leftists take someone's words out of context on purpose just so they can have a comeback.
Don't you?
(10-10-2017, 10:39 AM)Vlad Wrote: C'mon man, you typed it..he said leftist IN the NFL, not that it is a leftist organization.
The leftist infestation is everywhere.

I hate when leftists take someone's words out of context on purpose just so they can have a comeback.
Don't you?

Is Jerry Jones a leftist?
 Well well, the NFL changes its obscure rule...

https://deadspin.com/the-nfl-quietly-changed-its-obscure-rule-about-standing-1819300660

Added to the rule:

Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline. such as fines, suspensions, and/or forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses. 
View image on Twitter

[Image: DLu7sJiW4AAMVjl.jpg:small]

[/quote]
(10-10-2017, 11:01 AM)Vlad Wrote:  Well well, the NFL changes its obscure rule...

https://deadspin.com/the-nfl-quietly-changed-its-obscure-rule-about-standing-1819300660

Added to the rule:

Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline. such as fines, suspensions, and/or forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses. 
View image on Twitter

[Image: DLu7sJiW4AAMVjl.jpg:small]

Interesting that they didn't write in the rule that there would be punishment for not standing, etc. They only say player should do these things, but does not say a lack of doing so will result in any punitive action.