Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Perine
I'm ready to move on from Perine and either give Chris Evans a bigger role or bring in a FA to help with 3rd down/blocking reps.

Perine made too many mistakes during the playoffs for me to ignore. Just boneheaded stuff - either running the wrong play at times, missed catches that lead to interceptions, or showing lack of effort. If you watch the tape of him in the SB, I think his reps were sloppy at times or showed lack of effort...and this is a reflection of him throughout the entire year/playoffs.

I'm just to the point where we could do better. Perine is bad.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2022, 01:00 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I'm ready to move on from Perine and either give Chris Evans a bigger role or bring in a FA to help with 3rd down/blocking reps.

Perine made too many mistakes during the playoffs for me to ignore. Just boneheaded stuff - either running the wrong play at times, missed catches that lead to interceptions, or showing lack of effort. If you watch the tape of him in the SB, I think his reps were sloppy at times or showed lack of effort...and this is a reflection of him throughout the entire year/playoffs.

Agree on all fronts. I was so angry with the coaching staff and him
For the last two plays. I’m over it, but ready to move on. He offers nothing over Joe mixon, in any category. He just worse in every facet.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'd have no issues with them moving on. I wasn't excited when he was part of the roster to start the season and he doesn't do a whole lot to instill confidence in me when he's on the field.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2022, 01:03 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Agree on all fronts.  I was so angry with the coaching staff and him
For the last two plays.  I’m over it, but ready to move on.  He offers nothing over Joe mixon, in any category. He just worse in every facet.

And it's stuff you don't even notice in games. 

That fourth down pass to Chase on our first drive in the SB, Perine basically runs the wrong route which pulls the LB into Chase's route and that same LB deflects the ball. This is the kind of stuff Perine does that just irks me. 
Reply/Quote
Cut his ass.. Evans needs to take all his snaps asap...
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2022, 01:00 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I'm ready to move on from Perine and either give Chris Evans a bigger role or bring in a FA to help with 3rd down/blocking reps.

Perine is ok at some things, but not what you'd expect for such a big RB.
The guy had the same YPA as Chris Evans (4.5), which was higher than Mixon's (4.1).
He's also a pretty solid receiving RB, putting up 27 receptions on 31 targets in a backup role.
But what he does seem to struggle with is getting the first down on those 3rd-and-1 and 4th-and-1 carries, which you wouldn't expect for a 240 lb RB.
Obviously, part of that comes down on the fact the IOL never gets push at the LOS, but you'd think Perine could get enough steam with that mass to almost always gain a yard.

With all that said, I think there are other RBs who can do as well or better that could be cheap or a draft pick.
If looking at the draft, I like Brian Robinson from Alabama to fill Perine's role.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I didnt think Perine pass blocked well enough to merit his board narrative of being the pass block guy.

Was a solid runner tho.

No hands at all.

Good little short yardage battering ram but I dont think Evans wouldve did much worse in the same exact role. Evans mustve been WORTHLESS in blocking to get beat out by Perine.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
I'm usually not that "guy" when it comes to bringing old Bengals players back, but what about...

Bringing Gio back on a 1 year contract around 1 million? Great pass blocking back, great pass catching back, really good on short yardage stuff. Pair him with Evans to spell Mixon.

He is more reliable and a great team fit as well. I'd do this in a heartbeat.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2022, 01:08 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Perine is ok at some things, but not what you'd expect for such a big RB.
The guy had the same YPA as Chris Evans (4.5), which was higher than Mixon's (4.1).
He's also a pretty solid receiving RB, putting up 27 receptions on 31 targets in a backup role.
But what he does seem to struggle with is getting the first down on those 3rd-and-1 and 4th-and-1 carries, which you wouldn't expect for a 240 lb RB.
Obviously, part of that comes down on the fact the IOL never gets push at the LOS, but you'd think Perine could get enough steam with that mass to almost always gain a yard.

With all that said, I think there are other RBs who can do as well or better that could be cheap or a draft pick.
If looking at the draft, I like Brian Robinson from Alabama to fill Perine's role.

Not when he's taking the handoff from the shotgun standing still.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2022, 02:31 PM)ElkValleyBengal Wrote: Not when he's taking the handoff from the shotgun standing still.

True, but you also probably shouldn't plan to do a power run from shotgun lol.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2022, 02:35 PM)ochocincos Wrote: True, but you also probably shouldn't plan to do a power run from shotgun lol.

Bingo.  Probably my biggest issue with Zac is his fondess of the shotgun in short yardage situations.  He was doing it with Dalton as well, so it's not a Burrow thing.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2022, 01:19 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I'm usually not that "guy" when it comes to bringing old Bengals players back, but what about...

Bringing Gio back on a 1 year contract around 1 million? Great pass blocking back, great pass catching back, really good on short yardage stuff. Pair him with Evans to spell Mixon.

Totally on board with this!  With the way our pocket crumbles around Joe, a good pass blocking RB is the only thing that's missing from our RB stable.  Do it!
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2022, 01:19 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I'm usually not that "guy" when it comes to bringing old Bengals players back, but what about...

If the Bengals want a RB who is going to be primarily used for catching passes and pass blocking, I'd be completely ok with Bernard back in that role.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Move on From S. Perine.. Indeed..
But did we not all witness Chris Evans return a punt or 2 during the season????
The man is slower than the last day of school....
Move on and away from both..
Reply/Quote
He definitely had some major mistakes. Got to give him credit for that nice TD in the KC game though
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2022, 06:54 PM)Spider Wrote: Move on From S. Perine.. Indeed..
But did we not all witness Chris Evans return a punt or 2 during the season????
The man is slower than the last day of school....
Move on and away from both..

I was actually impressed with Evans on some of his kickoff returns. He should've been more involved in the 2nd half of the season and then maybe could've been more of a contributor in the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2022, 09:18 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote:  
I was actually impressed with Evans on some of his kickoff returns. He should've been more involved in the 2nd half of the season and then maybe could've been more of a contributor in the playoffs.

I agree. I thought he looked good. 

What was his 40 time at the combine? Is he really that slow? 
Reply/Quote
Teach mixon to block
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2022, 09:36 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Teach mixon to block

and not trip.

Sorry, but he falls down a lot.
Reply/Quote
Dude averaged about 4.5 YPC last year and barely makes over league minimum. Absolutely no problem with keeping him.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote