Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Perine is better than Mixon
(12-15-2022, 04:04 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: I keep telling ppl this is a great problem to have this time of year with having two studs.  Mixon on the pitch in the 2-half and Perine on the TD where he refused to quit.  

One thing I didn't like from ZT was the call in the 4th on a second flea flicker.  Those plays usually will only work once in a game. We got cute and it could have cost us big time.  On 3rd down with a 13-point lead, hand the ball off to Samaje, and then on 4th down,  kick the FG and go up by 16, ZT. 

What 2nd flea flicker?

Reply/Quote
(12-15-2022, 08:26 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Mixon has been running a lot harder recently. I think we are better running two backs it pushes each guy to preform to his best not getting lack luster because he has nobody behind him pushing him.

If Mixon keeps it up and runs hard every game and Perine is there getting reps pushing him, we will win a Super Bowl this year.

That was the one thing I really wanted to see against the Stains, was a highly motivated Mixon and we got to see that.

He even made a couple nice blitz pickups...

Which was my main criticism of Mixon. Thinking the same, this team is the team that should go all the way and win it all if things go 
our way in the Playoffs. But you have to make sure that you put it all out there in order for it to happen. Just listening to Burrow and 
his Press Conference and like he said, this team in all phases can find another level. Offense, Defense and Special Teams.

One guy goes down and there is no fall off, that is a testament to a lot of what is going on around here this year.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2022, 08:43 PM)casear2727 Wrote: What 2nd flea flicker?

It was early 4th quarter and we were up by 13 and driving into Browns territory.  Now that I think about it more, it may have been a jet sweep with Chase and he pulled up to pass and got tackled by Myles Garrett for a big 15-yard loss, knocking us outta FG range.   The point is, why do we get cute and run a trick play when you can run the ball, burn the clock, kick a field goal and go up by 16 points?  That would have made it a 3-score game, with a successful 2-point conversion to beat us. 
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2022, 10:37 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: It was early 4th quarter and we were up by 13 and driving into Browns territory.  Now that I think about it more, it may have been a jet sweep with Chase and he pulled up to pass and got tackled by Myles Garrett for a big 15-yard loss, knocking us outta FG range.   The point is, why do we get cute and run a trick play when you can run the ball, burn the clock, kick a field goal and go up by 16 points?  That would have made it a 3-score game, with a successful 2-point conversion to beat us. 

It wasnt remotely a pass, Chase said he was trying to get them to back off a little by faking a pass as he was cornered.  It is obvious with both WRs on that side blocking and 3 olinemen down field.  

It was more of a reverse and if you think about it we were obviously going to keep it on the ground and the Browns are overaggressive - see that 1st flea flicker, thus a reverse isnt a bad call against an over-pursuing defense - however, all world Myles didnt fall for it.  Chase made a terrible decision losing 10 more yards than he should have.  Thats more on Chase than the coaches, had Myles pursued down the line as he usually does this may have been a huge run. 

Reply/Quote
(12-15-2022, 10:59 PM)casear2727 Wrote: It wasnt remotely a pass, Chase said he was trying to get them to back off a little by faking a pass as he was cornered.  It is obvious with both WRs on that side blocking and 3 olinemen down field.  

It was more of a reverse and if you think about it we were obviously going to keep it on the ground and the Browns are overaggressive - see that 1st flea flicker, thus a reverse isnt a bad call against an over-pursuing defense - however, all world Myles didnt fall for it.  Chase made a terrible decision losing 10 more yards than he should have.  Thats more on Chase than the coaches, had Myles pursued down the line as he usually does this may have been a huge run. 

Yes, it was a reverse and agree that was on Chase and he knew it big time and why he was laughing and taking it on himself.

Great job by Myles not falling for it.
Reply/Quote
Hard to believe there is an argument over Perine and Mixon. It's a luxury to have two NFL caliber RB's on the Bengals.

Hope they keep using them as a one two punch.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2022, 10:59 PM)casear2727 Wrote: It wasnt remotely a pass, Chase said he was trying to get them to back off a little by faking a pass as he was cornered.  It is obvious with both WRs on that side blocking and 3 olinemen down field.  

Funny thing is, he should've thrown it away: Ineligible downfield is only 5 yards and no loss of down, while what Chase did was a 9 yard loss and loss of down.

Oh well!
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2022, 11:12 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Funny thing is, he should've thrown it away: Ineligible downfield is only 5 yards and no loss of down, while what Chase did was a 9 yard loss and loss of down.

Oh well!

Brilliant!

Reply/Quote
Perine 3.4 ypc

Mixon 1.9 ypc
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 05:32 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: Perine 3.4 ypc

Mixon 1.9 ypc

Time to draft a RB.
Reply/Quote
I like Mixon more as a receiver and I like Perine more as a runner. At least as a short yardage back. Perine seems to get those tough yards, like the touchdown run last week.

Mixon, on the other hand, seems to turn open field nothing into something. He caught the ball on a 2nd and 8 or something and he dodged a linebacker to get 5 or 10 more yards. Those are the plays where Mixon excels.

Mixon's open field nothing into something abilities sometimes translate to his runs, such as the long run last week, but too often he just gets caught up in the mess at the line of scrimmage and he doesn't fight for those extra 2 or 3 yards as well as Perine.

I don't know if it was the play design or Mixon, but every time he got the hand off he was trying to beat the Bucs defenders to the edge...I don't know why they weren't running straight up the gut into the void where Vea normally is more often.

It didn't end up mattering because of the encroachment, but I would have preferred Perine on that final 3rd and 1 run.
Reply/Quote
Mixon’s constant “dancing” as opposed to just getting north and south to hit the hole is driving me crazy.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 10:12 AM)BigRed75 Wrote: Mixon’s constant “dancing” as opposed to just getting north and south to hit the hole is driving me crazy.

Agreed! 100% There was a 3rd and short where he wore his dancing shoes out and didn’t get it. Samaje would have made the line to gain by 3-yards.
Reply/Quote
If I remember correctly was Mixon not known for his north south running before? Why on earth does he dance around so damn much.

Perine should be getting more carries. Idk about more than Mixon but more than he has been getting. I think he tries and plays a bit harder recently.
Reply/Quote
They went back to doing outside zone/outside runs yesterday. Shit hasn't worked all year yet they ran it for some reason. Thats why the running game looked like dog shit.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 12:14 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: Agreed! 100% There was a 3rd and short where he wore his dancing shoes out and didn’t get it.  Samaje would have made the line to gain by 3-yards.

Said this right when it happened 
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 12:29 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: They went back to doing outside zone/outside runs yesterday. Shit hasn't worked all year yet they ran it for some reason. Thats why the running game looked like dog shit.

Which is odd since Vita Vea was out, so you would think they would want to stick with what was working. 
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 12:36 PM)Garrus Wrote: Which is odd since Vita Vea was out, so you would think they would want to stick with what was working. 

Someone said in another thread that the 49ers attacked them on the outside and they killed them - maybe the Bengals saw that on tape. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 12:29 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: They went back to doing outside zone/outside runs yesterday. Shit hasn't worked all year yet they ran it for some reason. Thats why the running game looked like dog shit.

Need to throw that shit out. Doesn't fit our OL at all.
Reply/Quote
Perine punishes opposing teams, Mixon teaches them ballroom dancing.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote