Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pet peeves
Popcorn
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2015, 07:25 PM)Slappy from New Haven Wrote: People who have their burgers wrapped in a wrapper while still eating them
People whom in 2105 make "prison" jokes about the Bngals

Sending "good vibes" and "prayer warriors" for people who have health issues on Facebook

People whom refer to their pets as fur babies

I have to eat my burger still wrapped, or bring the wrapper up right below the burger when I take a bite, otherwise I'm bound to spill something on my clothes and that my fella, is a pet peeve. I cannot stand spilling food on my clothes. 

The prayer warriors on FB annoy me to no end, but I'd never take it personal or ask them to stop. 
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2015, 10:41 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: I'm a pretty melllow dude, but here are a few that get under my skin:

People that speed up when you go to pass them. Saturday mornings I commute to Boston. It's about an hour and change on I-90, so I usually put the car at 73 and chill out. 73 is usually good for a stress-free ride, but every once in a while there's a car around 70 who decides that he wants to go faster than/just as fast as you when he sees you coming up on his left to pass.

Reality TV shows.

F*ck cell phones. Reality TV shows and the public's obsession over these talentless bastards is the real bane on society.

I don't think reality stars are suppose to have talent, at least not for the reality show they're on. Reality TV doesn't bother me. It's infinitely more entertaining than 99% of everything else on TV. I don't watch much TV myself. I haven't watched more than 5 or 6 hrs total over the past 4 months I'd guess, excluding boxing.  
Reply/Quote
You can't have a conversation with people anymore without them acting like you're ruining their day because they have their earbuds jammed in their ears or their damn headphones on all the time, and they (God forbid) have to converse with you. I go to ask someone at work a question and they give me the look, then the requisite sigh, then they have to pause the music and pull out/take off their ear parapehnalia.

You're at work, dumbass. I have a business question. Give the ***** Taylor Swift warbling a rest while we conduct business, and stop acting like you're doing me a favor.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
The cashier that wants to yap to every customer.

There's a gas station near my job where one cashier lady tries to make jokes with every. single. customer. It's one of the most annoying things ever.
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2015, 10:41 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: I'm a pretty melllow dude, but here are a few that get under my skin:

People that speed up when you go to pass them. Saturday mornings I commute to Boston. It's about an hour and change on I-90, so I usually put the car at 73 and chill out. 73 is usually good for a stress-free ride, but every once in a while there's a car around 70 who decides that he wants to go faster than/just as fast as you when he sees you coming up on his left to pass.

Reality TV shows.

F*ck cell phones. Reality TV shows and the public's obsession over these talentless bastards is the real bane on society.

I hate those assholes too......doesn't ANYONE use cruise control anymore?   

......or how about the douche that gets in front of you and slows back down?  Or the one that HAS to pull out in front of you, no a soul behind you and forces you to almost lock it down, only to turn 100 yards up the road......DAMN that pisses me off!

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(08-01-2015, 08:46 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: I hate those assholes too......doesn't ANYONE use cruise control anymore?   

......or how about the douche that gets in front of you and slows back down?  Or the one that HAS to pull out in front of you, no a soul behind you and forces you to almost lock it down, only to turn 100 yards up the road......DAMN that pisses me off!

Yeah, that one gets me too: there's an exit coming up you want, so you're in the right line. The jackass comes up on your left and at the last moment, cuts into the right lane and shoe-horns himself between you and the car in front of you, and then hits his breaks. So, you look in the rear-view mirror and there's two football fields of emptiness in the lane behind you, but this idiot insisted on risking everyone's lives just so he didn't have to - gasp - be behind one car. ***** 'tards, man.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
People who hit their snooze button every 10 minutes for an hour and have email alerts that are this ping that drills right into your brain going off during the night.  
This is just a random observation and should not be construed to be about any certain individual that I've been sleeping next to for the last 20 years.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
The driving pet peeves are endless. I agree with the one about people who speed up when you want to pass. They are going slower than you, so you speed up to go around them, then they speed up just to jam you up behind a car in your lane ahead instead of letting you get by. Sometimes I will cut over anyway and make them jam on their brakes.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2015, 10:04 AM)Beaker Wrote: The driving pet peeves are endless. I agree with the one about people who speed up when you want to pass. They are going slower than you, so you speed up to go around them, then they speed up just to jam you up behind a car in your lane ahead instead of letting you get by. Sometimes I will cut over anyway and make them jam on their brakes.

Sometimes?  Hell, I do it MOST of the time!!!!!

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(08-01-2015, 11:32 AM)Wyche Wrote: Sometimes?  Hell, I do it MOST of the time!!!!!

Put 'em in the wall!   Big Grin
Reply/Quote
Non-celiac gluten sensitivity. "Ever since I quit eating a large pizza every night I've felt so much better."
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
A loud office talker, whether on phone or whatever when I am trying to work. I have a manager that does this all day, and I am about ready to find a new job or try to transfer out. It's that bad.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
After my most recent commute:

Was stuck in traffic for 15+ miles, just to discover that there was an accident.......ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE FREEWAY.
Reply/Quote
People who show up late to events and expect to get the same things as those who arrive early or on time.

Yes you dumbass... you will not get great parking, table, or seat if you show up late.  You'll have to wait longer and take what's left.  So eat it.

A great example are those people who show up to a newly released movie at or after the start time. 

There are only crap seats left in the front...  yet they stare blankly towards those already seated and expect there to be something.

You want good seats?  Show up early.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2015, 03:45 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: People who don't return their carts to the coral.  These people are the scum of the earth.

Oh this bothers me as well. It says a lot about the community. I always notice this when I am buying a home in a new neighborhood. The local grocery tells a lot.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2015, 10:02 AM)michaelsean Wrote: People who hit their snooze button every 10 minutes for an hour and have email alerts that are this ping that drills right into your brain going off during the night.  
This is just a random observation and should not be construed to be about any certain individual that I've been sleeping next to for the last 20 years.

My wife does this as well. I tell her that I want to disable the snooze feature. She says oh please 5 more minutes
Reply/Quote
When pee burns.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2015, 01:04 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: When pee burns.

What about when shit burns?  That's a big peeve of mine.
Reply/Quote
When the guy sitting behind you at a Reds-Pirates game spends 5 innings as the sections baseball expert and then asks why Cozart isn't in the lineup.

Reply/Quote