Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pet peeves
(07-30-2015, 04:49 PM)fredtoast Wrote: People who think PFF rankings are real stats.

PFF does a good job of tabulating raw data, but the method of their rankings are seriously flawed

Their in depth stats are awesome to have access to.

The grading isn't quite as bad as some make it seem.

I've yet to see a guy be in the top 5 at a position and thought to myself "wow, that guy had a terrible year!", and I've yet to see a guy in the bottom 5 that had a great season. It can point you in the right direction if nothing else.

A player having the 3rd highest cumulative grade doesn't mean he's 100% the 3rd best player at his position though. But it probably means he had a good season that particular year.
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2015, 05:02 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Their in depth stats are awesome to have access to.

The grading isn't quite as bad as some make it seem.

I've yet to see a guy be in the top 5 at a position and thought to myself "wow, that guy had a terrible year!", and I've yet to see a guy in the bottom 5 that had a great season. It can point you in the right direction if nothing else.

A player having the 3rd highest cumulative grade doesn't mean he's 100% the 3rd best player at his position though. But it probably means he had a good season that particular year.

The problem is mainly people who use PFF as their base of arguments. Some preach it like it's gospel. They admit that it's flawed, but somehow always revert to using it to validate their opinions.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Anyone who is on their cellphone at the counter, while paying/ordering. It's rude to both the cashier and those behind you. The least you could do, if you insist to be on your phone in a public place, is take the 10 sec to ask the person to hold while you check out.

People who ride other drivers asses, unnecessarily pass and switch lanes, while in normal traffic (rush hour) and/or a traffic jam. You driving like an asshole isn't going to get you there any faster. You've now switched lanes 15 times and are about 2 car lengths ahead of where of you would have been. Dumbass.

People who have political stickers on their cars. Your sticker isn't not going to convince anyone to rethink their preferred candidate. All it's going to do is piss off probably a minimum 40% of the people you drive by.

People who ask for "a little more" every single item at Chipotle. Move the line along. Unless you got blatantly skimped, quit trying to get as much as you can for every single ingredient, you cheap ****. There's 30 people behind you and you asking for a little more is requiring them to stop and back-track for each item.
Reply/Quote
The guy that goes to Subway to order Subs for the whole office and forgot to ask one guy what kind of cheese he wanted. So it requires an emergency phone call. While everybody waits behind him in line.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Sports announcing cliches. Anytime a hitter goes opposite way in baseball it must be required that the announcer says "...good piece of hitting...". In football if a player gets up slow and a little gimpy it must be required that the announcer says "... gingerly...". The thing I hate most is that every last analyst on ESPN must be required to say, "...and oh by the way..." every 4 minutes or so. I hate ESPN.
Reply/Quote
One of the things that drives me crazy, is when people use RIP. If someone has died that you feel it important enough to mention, type the words like an adult. If it is too much of an investment of time, you don't need to mention it in the first place. It is just the height of laziness and is crude, at best.
Reply/Quote
People who are on diets that have to let everyone know that there on a diet every single second your with them. For Sports it has to be the analytic crowd.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Cell phones. They are the bane of society and will be the reason for its downfall.
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2015, 01:12 AM)Beaker Wrote: Cell phones. They are the bane of society and will be the reason for its downfall.

What age students do you have? I'm assuming they're a big part of why you hate cell phones (I'm not a huge fan myself.) 
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2015, 08:21 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: What age students do you have? I'm assuming they're a big part of why you hate cell phones (I'm not a huge fan myself.) 

Trust me, its not just the students. I hate the way people always have their faces in their phones now....families at dinner, people driving, at restaurants, in movies, walking along, etc. They say phones are allowing people to stay connected. I think they are isolating people into the world of that small screen. My daughter had a family fried go with us this summer when we drove to my dad's house in FL. The two girls spent the entire trip on their phones. Not only did they hardly talk to each other sitting right beside each other, but they also missed everything outside the car windows. Every time I tried to point out something cool to see, they delayed looking up while they finished a text or a video, and by then they had missed it. People are missing the real world with their faces in those things. Long term, I predict that phones will lessen people's ability to interact face to face, the end result being a faster degradation of society than what already exists.
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2015, 11:20 AM)Beaker Wrote: Trust me, its not just the students. I hate the way people always have their faces in their phones now....families at dinner, people driving, at restaurants, in movies, walking along, etc. They say phones are allowing people to stay connected. I think they are isolating people into the world of that small screen. My daughter had a family fried go with us this summer when we drove to my dad's house in FL. The two girls spent the entire trip on their phones. Not only did they hardly talk to each other sitting right beside each other, but they also missed everything outside the car windows. Every time I tried to point out something cool to see, they delayed looking up while they finished a text or a video, and by then they had missed it. People are missing the real world with their faces in those things. Long term, I predict that phones will lessen people's ability to interact face to face, the end result being a faster degradation of society than what already exists.

It's sort of ridiculous to expect someone to just sit there staring out the window with you, especially a child/teen.

If they delayed looking up because they were finishing a chapter in their paperback book, would that make books part of the degradation of society? There have been plenty of hobbies and interests over centuries that don't require face to face interaction, and none of them have destroyed society yet. I don't see a reason why cellphones are any different.

Oh no, you're telling me that I can get literally any information that I need at any time in any place? Geez, society will now be destroyed! Rolleyes
Reply/Quote
Tourists groups. They somehow congregate and chat at the narrowest path of the sidewalk causing either a bottleneck or other pedestrians to go into the street. So forgive me if I go through your group like Jeremy Hill busting over the goal line because you do not get the hint any other way.

And please do not use up the entire sidewalk as if you were the Rockettes or lining up as if you are about to run the Kentucky Derby. Jeez! New York City is crowded as it is without tourists acting as fat deposits in an artery.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(07-30-2015, 04:35 PM)jason Wrote: So it's not just me.  People here in Dayton are just always in the way.  Lotto guy is the worst though.  I think I just hate wasting money, and people who take forever to do it.

I really "love" when they ask what number the scratch off is... and then they're like, "No thats too high, what about #5, what number is that one on..."
[Image: 29p43f6.png]

Quote:"Massillon High School is ahead of us," owner Mike Brown said when asked about an indoor practice facility. "We don't have one."
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2015, 11:30 AM)djs7685 Wrote: It's sort of ridiculous to expect someone to just sit there staring out the window with you, especially a child/teen.

If they delayed looking up because they were finishing a chapter in their paperback book, would that make books part of the degradation of society? There have been plenty of hobbies and interests over centuries that don't require face to face interaction, and none of them have destroyed society yet. I don't see a reason why cellphones are any different.

Oh no, you're telling me that I can get literally any information that I need at any time in any place? Geez, society will now be destroyed! Rolleyes

And the info you get on the internet is always true. Social interaction exist on more than a 2 inch screen. Sorry it was hard for you to grasp that notion. Go back to your phone now.
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2015, 01:12 AM)Beaker Wrote: Cell phones. They are the bane of society and will be the reason for its downfall.

They have also had an affect on the Military Discipline as well.

There was a time when you couldn't use them unless you were stationary and under cover. Now Soldiers run around on them all the time with ear pieces in. I'm pretty sure you don't have to Salute if you are talking on one. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
People who have just parked/double-parked their vehicle and feel the need to swing their car doors wide open at full speed.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(07-31-2015, 12:47 PM)Beaker Wrote: And the info you get on the internet is always true. Social interaction exist on more than a 2 inch screen. Sorry it was hard for you to grasp that notion. Go back to your phone now.

So the only thing you could possibly even rebut from my entire post is that "everything on the internet is true", even though that wasn't even close to the point I was making? Classy, definitely seems like you have a strong argument there Rolleyes

Why aren't books also the bane of society? I see people reading them and not paying attention to other shit all the time.

I'm firmly against texting and driving or anything else that's legitimately dangerous involving cell phone usage like that. You have no real point other than "I'm old and people ignore me for things they deem more important on their phones, including my own children, so now I'm going to cry about it online."

You DO realize that every single time you're on here, it's not face to face interaction, right? Watch out, you may be a part of that degradation of society that you spoke of earlier.
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2015, 01:29 PM)djs7685 Wrote: So the only thing you could possibly even rebut from my entire post is that "everything on the internet is true"

Since most of what I didnt like went over your head anyway, I thought that would be the only part you would get. Although since it was sarcasm, I risked you missing that one too.
Reply/Quote

You nailed it. :angry:
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2015, 12:47 PM)Beaker Wrote: And the info you get on the internet is always true. Social interaction exist on more than a 2 inch screen. Sorry it was hard for you to grasp that notion. Go back to your phone now.

i thought the TV wouldnt lie to you...

Anyways my Dog hates Horses on the TV.
Reply/Quote