Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pet peeves
What are some pet peeves of all of you wonderful forum members? This should be nice for some of the disgruntled folks to vent their frustrations.

I find it both hilarious and annoying when people still spell sucks as "sux". I will assume you're either dumb, 13 years old, or my dad if you say that something "sux".

It annoys me when people change the definition of words that already exist. The first time I heard someone refer to another human being as a "ratchet", I almost lost my mind.

It really, really bothers me when someone is actually just wrong about something, but they claim it's their opinion so it can't be wrong. It's not my fault that you can't comprehend the actual meaning of an opinion, but some things in life are absolutely factual.
Reply/Quote
People who are always annoyed annoy me....... Tongue

Easily my number one pet peeve is the moron in the hammer lane going ten miles an hour under the speed limit just so he can turn left 43 miles up the road, or thinks he needs to pass everyone in a state on the freeway in one pass......oh, and the fools who can't merge. The on ramp is not a place to drive thirty, stop at the end, and try to pull into traffic from a near stop where cars are going 70+ miles an hour. You accelerate up to speed and try to blend in dumbass.

Oh, and don't forget the nimrod who ignores the lane closure signs for ten miles and bottlenecks everyone to a crawl at the closure. Not only is it effing rude, it's dangerous, and leads to accidents. There were three fatal crashes near my town on I-75 in a month over this very thing. MERGE!

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Semi drivers who decide to try to pass each other going up hill.  You know they are going to both slow down to 55-60 miles an hour going up hill and speed up at the same speed for the next 5 miles, never actually coming close to passing one another.  Yea, I had to tell a semi driver yesterday who I thought was #1 for doing this.  He also got a penny thrown out the window that hopefully found his windshield.  Maybe it was heads up?  Lucky for him. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
People who allow their smart phone to rule them.  No matter what they're doing they stop to answer a call, check a text, etcetera and expect you to stop what you're doing so they can hold a conversation instead of allowing the call to go to voice mail or tell the person they're busy and will call back.

And turn signals.  Use your damn turn signals.
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2015, 02:42 PM)djs7685 Wrote: I find it both hilarious and annoying when people still spell sucks as "sux". I will assume you're either dumb, 13 years old, or my dad if you say that something "sux".

Your mom sux.
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2015, 03:33 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Your mom sux.

Well I don't think you're dumb, and I know you aren't 13.

.....dad? Mellow
Reply/Quote
I hate people who say "I'm X years young".

Reply/Quote
People who don't return their carts to the coral. These people are the scum of the earth.
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2015, 03:45 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: People who don't return their carts to the coral.  These people are the scum of the earth.

I don't know if it is a standard practice, but we have a grocery store called Aldi. To get a cart you have to put $0.25 into the outdoor coral. You return it, you get your money back. 

As to the OP: folks that say TMI.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-30-2015, 03:49 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I don't know if it is a standard practice, but we have a grocery store called Aldi. To get a cart you have to put $0.25 into the outdoor coral. You return it, you get your money back. 

As to the OP: folks that say TMI.

As to the TMI thing, any person that uses text speak in real speech. LOL, OMG, TMI don't bother me too much in text, but when a person says, "Oh em gee" out loud I want to hurt them.
[Image: what%2Bday%2Bis%2Bit.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2015, 03:49 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I don't know if it is a standard practice, but we have a grocery store called Aldi. To get a cart you have to put $0.25 into the outdoor coral. You return it, you get your money back. 

Anytime I'm there, I always just give my cart to the first person I see on their way into the store and I let them keep their quarter. When it's an older man/woman, they always seem to give me a look as if I just handed them a bag with thousands of dollars in it.

It's just a quarter, but some people really appreciate the generosity.
Reply/Quote
When people talk about a basketball player who can "score the basketball".

Who was the first person to say that and why is everyone saying it?
Reply/Quote
I can't stand being behind people who are buying 10-20 scratch off lotto tickets, and keep asking the clerk "How much is that?...  Ok give me a number 7 and two more 13s".  Somehow, I am always behind that person.  There should be separate stores for them so they can get the **** outta my way.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Loose vs. lose.

Seriously...this one seems like it would be easy.

You don't loose a game and you don't have a screw come lose.
Reply/Quote
Your/you're
Their/there/they're

Similar to lose/loose, these should be extremely simple. Most people learn this shit at a very young age. It blows my mind that some adults still don't know the difference.

I feel like some people do it on purpose because they ALWAYS use the wrong one no matter what.
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2015, 04:17 PM)jason Wrote: I can't stand being behind people who are buying 10-20 scratch off lotto tickets, and keep asking the clerk "How much is that?...  Ok give me a number 7 and two more 13s".  Somehow, I am always behind that person.  There should be separate stores for them so they can get the **** outta my way.

^Yep, hate them! Get the hell out of the way!

People who take up the whole isle at a grocery store...just staring at the shelves.  Get the hell out of the way!

People who come to a complete stop to make a right hand turn.  Get the hell out of the way!

People who stop before the drive through speaker to stare at the board like it's their first time there. Get the hell out of the way!

Apparently I need to work on my patience...
[Image: 29p43f6.png]

Quote:"Massillon High School is ahead of us," owner Mike Brown said when asked about an indoor practice facility. "We don't have one."
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2015, 04:24 PM)Paul from Dayton Wrote: ^Yep, hate them! Get the hell out of the way!

People who take up the whole isle at a grocery store...just staring at the shelves.  Get the hell out of the way!

People who come to a complete stop to make a right hand turn.  Get the hell out of the way!

People who stop before the drive through speaker to stare at the board like it's their first time there. Get the hell out of the way!

....*aisle*.... Tongue

....seriously.....I LOATHE the dumbass that stops to turn right, and the fool at the drive through....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(07-30-2015, 04:24 PM)Paul from Dayton Wrote: ^Yep, hate them! Get the hell out of the way!

So it's not just me.  People here in Dayton are just always in the way.  Lotto guy is the worst though.  I think I just hate wasting money, and people who take forever to do it.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
When Brent Musburger calls a college freshman a "rookie".

And just about everything else I've read in this thread.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
People who think PFF rankings are real stats.

PFF does a good job of tabulating raw data, but the method of their rankings are seriously flawed
Reply/Quote