Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Pick the next HC
(12-09-2020, 07:03 PM)kevin Wrote: You mean Covid...Not every coach took over a Bengals team that fired Marvin and all coaches after very awful 2017 and 2018 seasons.  This put Bengals in complete rebuild like an expansion team.  Most NFL teams were not starting a NEW DEY TOTAL REBUILD when COVID took away normal scouting, practices and preseason.  Bengals needed preseason more than Super Bowl Chiefs or most teams, being the Worst Team in NFL.   The O Line and Defense were Worst in NFL in Marvins last years.  To Rebuild this awful team we knew would take a few off seasons of Free Agents and Draft Picks.  Yes, Bengals were worse than Miami.  Zac has been dealt all the cards from the bottom of the deck.  Zac and Rebuilding Bengals in need of a less Covid 2021.  2020 has not been a normal football season. 

Again, if they fire Zac,  Eric Bieniemy would be my choice. 
Zac can be dealt cards from the bottom, middle and top of the deck. Doesn't change the fact we've been stuck with a High School level coach trying to tread water in the NFL...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Someone who will run up into the front office, tell them they are getting a GM, real players, real assistant coaches, a scouting department and that their old school, failing at success, way of doing things is over. Then flips over a desk on his way out the door.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2020, 09:23 PM)JSR18 Wrote: Zac can be dealt cards from the bottom, middle and top of the deck. Doesn't change the fact we've been stuck with a High School level coach trying to tread water in the NFL...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

You could let Zac pick from any part of the deck; top, bottom, middle, doesn't matter. He'll still draw a Joker. Every time.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
To be honest I'm most interested in a HC who operates by putting the players in the best position to win. That has been sorely missing with Taylor and his band of misfits.

Here's the traits I'd want in the next HC.

1. Believes in running the ball.
2. Believes in having a strong OL.
3. Believes in a pressure defense.
4. Believes in results over talk.
5. Has a record of success.

Reply/Quote
Hey Holic, can you make this into a poll?
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2020, 10:52 PM)Destro Wrote: Someone who will run up into the front office, tell them they are getting a GM, real players, real assistant coaches, a scouting department and that their old school, failing at success, way of doing things is over. Then flips over a desk on his way out the door.

Jerry Glanville? Ninja

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
It will be Darrin Simmons.

And, depending on the coordinators, I am 100% fine with that.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2020, 09:00 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Daboll makes me nervous.
He was terrible when he was in CLE in the early 2010's.
But he's been good in BUF.
When looking at the QBs he's had in his stops, he has a good QB now who can execute his scheme. Perhaps it was the QB who was holding back his offense when in CLE.

Ultimately, would the Bengals get the BUF version of Daboll or would they get the CLE version?

Good points, but remember even the greatest coach of all time wasn't great in Cleveland lol

I just like what Daboll has done with Allen and that Bills Offense. Bet he would definitely be an upgrade over Taylor.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2020, 05:20 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Good points, but remember even the greatest coach of all time wasn't great in Cleveland lol

I just like what Daboll has done with Allen and that Bills Offense. Bet he would definitely be an upgrade over Taylor.

Possibly.

We'll never know whether someone who is a good OC/DC would make a great HC. It's really a different skill set.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Reading all the reports on the Twitter-sphere, they're saying Zach is more than likely coming back. Yikes
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2020, 06:25 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Reading all the reports on the Twitter-sphere, they're saying Zach is more than likely coming back. Yikes

Sick
Reply/Quote
I'm flabbergasted that a coach with 4 wins in 2 years still has defenders/apologists. Mellow
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2020, 03:57 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'm flabbergasted that a coach with 4 wins in 2 years still has defenders/apologists.  Mellow

Same. Mellow
Reply/Quote
Another name that popped into my head is Gary Kubiak. Has tons of experience. Can put together a good staff. Respected around the league. Has Cousins playing his best football. Cook is playing his best football. They have a balanced attack with heavy play action. Really effective with their run blocking scheme. I would probably prefer him over Bienemy because of his experience level. Not sure if he would want to come here though.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2020, 05:56 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Another name that popped into my head is Gary Kubiak. Has tons of experience. Can put together a good staff. Respected around the league. Has Cousins playing his best football. Cook is playing his best football. They have a balanced attack with heavy play action. Really effective with their run blocking scheme. I would probably prefer him over Bienemy because of his experience level. Not sure if he would want to come here though.

Gary Kubiak won't come to Cincy. Before they interviewed Zac Taylor they asked Kubiak to interview first he turned it down.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2020, 03:57 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'm flabbergasted that a coach with 4 wins in 2 years still has defenders/apologists.  Mellow

(12-13-2020, 03:04 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Same. Mellow

Blows my mind as well
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2020, 06:13 PM)Synric Wrote: Gary Kubiak won't come to Cincy. Before they interviewed Zac Taylor they asked Kubiak to interview first he turned it down.

Wow that’s depressing! Well back to looking for an up and coming coach then.
Reply/Quote

Yeah, just don't understand it at all. There's literally nothing to defend at this point. The guy has just been insanely bad, and what's worse is he doesn't seem to learn from his mistakes. He's stubborn as hell, and has a pretty big ego for someone that's accomplished so little. I've said it before, but he actually reminds me a lot of Mike.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2020, 06:43 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Yeah, just don't understand it at all. There's literally nothing to defend at this point. The guy has just been insanely bad, and what's worse is he doesn't seem to learn from his mistakes. He's stubborn as hell, and has a pretty big ego for someone that's accomplished so little. I've said it before, but he actually reminds me a lot of Mike.

Basically a few guys here met him once and he was really nice to them.

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2020, 06:50 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Basically a few guys here met him once and he was really nice to them.

Shula was a nice guy too, but he made a far better steakhouse owner than he did a head coach.  Whatever
Reply/Quote