Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Planned Parenthood selling body parts?
(07-16-2015, 10:05 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I get that.  However, step back from the specifics for a moment, and consider what is actually going on.  Salvaging abortion baby organs, for transfer to people in a market looking for them.  Is that really what you feel an organization that lives on taxpayer dollars should be doing? 

Yes I absolutely think that anything positive like medical research should be encouraged.

What do you have against medical research?  Think of the lived that could be saved.

(07-16-2015, 10:05 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote:  Wouldn't you agree that the public has a right to know these things?

They have never tried to hide it in any way.  I am guessing that they are actually proud to be assisting in medical research.  It is a noble cause.
(07-17-2015, 01:05 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I am guessing that they are actually proud to be assisting in medical research.  It is a noble cause.

Who knows; maybe one day they can put a small dent in replacing the 1.2 Million lives they take every year:
http://www.mccl.org/us-abortion-stats.html

Like most things; when have a different definition of nobility.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-17-2015, 01:29 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Who knows; maybe one day they can put a small dent in replacing the 1.2 Million lives they take every year:

Yeah Fred's view of nobility is playing mad scientist with the remains of dead babies being sold to the highest bidder.
(07-17-2015, 01:40 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Yeah Fred's view of nobility is playing mad scientist with the remains of dead babies being sold to the highest bidder.

No doubt. These "noble" Doctors are brave enough to crush the child around the vital organs.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(07-17-2015, 01:49 AM)bfine32 Wrote: No doubt. These "noble" Doctors are brave enough to crush the child around the vital organs.

While saving the parts others want to experiment on, they hate to see a good dead baby remains go to waste. After all everyone wants livers these days .... According to PP.

Thankfully they are using all the parts .... Waste not want not is their motto. They want to make sure they desecrate the entire body over and over again.
(07-16-2015, 10:05 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I get that.  However, step back from the specifics for a moment, and consider what is actually going on.  Salvaging abortion baby organs, for transfer to people in a market looking for them.  Is that really what you feel an organization that lives on taxpayer dollars should be doing?  Wouldn't you agree that the public has a right to know these things?

It is legal for them to do so and I have no problem with it. If an aborted fetus can be used in medical research that could potentially save thousands, if not millions, of lives then why should I have a problem with it? The tissue would be incinerated otherwise. It's not that they are aborting the fetus specifically for the testing, they are utilizing the remains. If they are getting permission from the woman getting the abortion, why should anyone have a problem with it?
(07-17-2015, 12:22 AM)MrRager Wrote: A little different, but I will never understand why someone wouldn't be an organ donor. Organs and stem cells can help many people.

It's actually not different, really. Especially if you consider an embryo/fetus a human life. If you view it as a life then it is a matter of donation of tissue upon termination of life. No different at all. People are only up in arms about this because, one, it's Planned Parenthood. Two, the doctor talked about it in a way that didn't make them feel warm and fuzzy. And three, the people doing this have an agenda that coincides with their target audience of an effort to end legal abortions and so they manipulate the situation and the facts (which don't need much manipulation to sway their target audience) to garner support for their side.
(07-17-2015, 01:29 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Who knows; maybe one day they can put a small dent in replacing the 1.2 Million lives they take every year:

(07-17-2015, 01:49 AM)bfine32 Wrote: No doubt. These "noble" Doctors are brave enough to crush the child around the vital organs.

(07-17-2015, 01:59 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: While saving the parts others want to experiment on, they hate to see a good dead baby remains go to waste.   After all everyone wants livers these days .... According to PP.    

Thankfully they are using all the parts .... Waste not want not is their motto.   They want to make sure they desecrate the entire body over and over again.

You two DO realize that even if Roe v Wade was overturned today and every state banned abortion immediately there would still be abortions and you would have TRUE selling of body parts on an underground black market that these "investigators" would never care about.

Let's face it:  The GOP motto is "Out of sight...out of mind".  As long as they aren't being accused of using tax money for it they don't care if it happens.

Well, unless its marijuana.  Gotta keep that illegal so they can keep the for profit jails full.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(07-17-2015, 01:40 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Yeah Fred's view of nobility is playing mad scientist with the remains of dead babies being sold to the highest bidder.

I guess it's a good thing that none of that is happening.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

I don't know if it's legal or not, but listening to her talk was disgusting.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(07-17-2015, 10:55 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I don't know if it's legal or not, but listening to her talk was disgusting.

It is legal to donate the tissue. It's illegal to sell it for profit.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(07-17-2015, 10:55 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I don't know if it's legal or not, but listening to her talk was disgusting.

Healthcare professionals all talk that way with regards to their professions. They become a bit jaded to it all and the language they use with each other and others in related industries is a far cry from the softer versions they give the general public. She believed she was having a conversation with people in a related industry that would speak about these things in a manner just as frank as she is. This is exactly why these people did this, to shock people with the language used because to people outside of the industries involved it is vulgar. The thing is that the language being used is nothing outside of the norm for anyone in the medical fields.
(07-17-2015, 11:36 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Healthcare professionals all talk that way with regards to their professions. They become a bit jaded to it all and the language they use with each other and others in related industries is a far cry from the softer versions they give the general public. She believed she was having a conversation with people in a related industry that would speak about these things in a manner just as frank as she is. This is exactly why these people did this, to shock people with the language used because to people outside of the industries involved it is vulgar. The thing is that the language being used is nothing outside of the norm for anyone in the medical fields.

I get graphic talk of a procedure or a case that you had , but the pride she takes in a clean kill is revolting.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(07-17-2015, 11:41 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I get graphic talk of a procedure or a case that you had , but the pride she takes in a clean kill is revolting.  

Should she be happier if things go awfully?
(07-17-2015, 12:00 PM)GMDino Wrote: Should she be happier if things go awfully?

I think I wouldn't brag on my ability to kill the baby without damaging the organs.  She's not applying for a job.  If you guys are OK with that, fine.  I think it's disgusting.

It is disgusting.
(07-17-2015, 12:10 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I think I wouldn't brag on my ability to kill the baby without damaging the organs.  She's not applying for a job.  If you guys are OK with that, fine.  I think it's disgusting.

I'm anti abortion...but it is legal.  

That is why I don't mind a doctor saying it was done as well as possible.

(07-17-2015, 11:41 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I get graphic talk of a procedure or a case that you had , but the pride she takes in a clean kill is revolting.  

Think of it this way, she is taking pride in being able to perform a procedure in such a way that the maximum benefits can be achieved from the result. When you take out the specific information we are discussing, that is what it boils down to. Would any of us not take pride in something like that for our specific professions? To her it is no different. It is her profession, the task at hand is being done in a way to achieve the best result possible. But because the people recording this and their target audience don't agree with the task at hand, it has great shock value.
The task at hand is a polite way of saying crushing babies skulls.
(07-17-2015, 12:16 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: The task at hand is a polite way of saying crushing babies skulls.

As it would be if it were not being done legally and as safely as possible for the mother.

No one has to like it...but the least we can hope for is it is done as properly as possible.