Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Planned Parenthood selling body parts?
(07-22-2015, 07:55 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: You watched the entire 2 hours and 42 minutes worth of footage? I read the transcripts provided by CMP and what Politifact is saying is the truth of the matter. If you were to watch the entire videos (and more power to you, but I don't like watching videos enough for that) you should see the same thing, word for word. So the context is important there and what Politifact is saying is accurate in regards to the first video. I haven't read the transcript to the second video, so no idea there.

We watched in 3 parts. This is an important topic and for this type stuff i like to get a feel for body language with the words.
(07-22-2015, 12:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Organ donors do a great service to research and can save lives for people who need transplants.  I am an organ donor myself.  

I actually think it is selfish NOT to be an organ donor.

Well ofc you would think this .... It's your choice and after you die No one is jamming scissors into your neck while you sleep to harvest your body.

Maybe you would be ok waking up in a seedy motel bathtub packed in ice and missing organs. Not sure how committed you are to organ donation.
(07-22-2015, 02:18 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Well ofc you would think this ....   It's your choice and after you die   No one is jamming scissors into your neck while you sleep to harvest your body.  

Maybe you would be ok waking up in a seedy motel bathtub packed in ice and missing organs.   Not sure how committed you are to organ donation.

Holy mental gymnastics! Shocked
(07-22-2015, 02:21 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: Holy mental gymnastics! Shocked

Well he would have as much choice in that as those babies.
(07-22-2015, 02:13 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: We watched in 3 parts.  This is an important topic and for this type stuff i like to get a feel for body language with the words.

So you got "a feel" for it.

Not going by what was actually said...but what you interpret.

Rolleyes
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(07-22-2015, 12:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Organ donors do a great service to research and can save lives for people who need transplants.  I am an organ donor myself.  

I actually think it is selfish NOT to be an organ donor.

Maybe just not quite as selfish as aborting your unborn child because it is an inconvenience.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-22-2015, 02:25 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Well he would have as much choice in that as those babies.

Because being ok with organ donning = being ok with waking up in a motel bathtub packed with ice and missing organs? 
(07-22-2015, 02:33 PM)GMDino Wrote: So you got "a feel" for it.

Not going by what was actually said...but what you interpret.

Rolleyes

You don't think visual cues are important in communication?

(07-22-2015, 02:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You don't think visual cues are important in communication?

Not always.  Do you?
(07-22-2015, 02:34 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: Because being ok with organ donning = being ok with waking up in a motel bathtub packed with ice and missing organs? 

Well when your comparing one person having a choice vs one that does not have one ..... then we have to go to where both do not have a choice whether they donate or not. .... Unless we don't care about those factors and just wanting to make a lazy comment.
(07-22-2015, 02:36 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: Not always.  Do you?

Absolutely; it is actually a form of communication. I would be surprised if anyone said otherwise. Given I am used to being surprised around here.

(07-22-2015, 02:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You don't think visual cues are important in communication?

Sometimes.  As a communication major we were taught a bit about this.

And sometimes words are words.

And if, in this case, the words (and even the nonverbal communication) was that bad they wouldn't have edited the video to make it look bad.

Rock On
(07-22-2015, 02:13 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: We watched in 3 parts. This is an important topic and for this type stuff i like to get a feel for body language with the words.

Nonverbal cues are indeed an important part of communications. However, their interpretation is an extremely subjective issue and the how one person intends the cues may not be how they are received. For controversial issues such as these if you approach the topic with any sort of bias it will be reflected in your interpretation of the body language.
(07-22-2015, 03:41 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Nonverbal cues are indeed an important part of communications. However, their interpretation is an extremely subjective issue and the how one person intends the cues may not be how they are received. For controversial issues such as these if you approach the topic with any sort of bias it will be reflected in your interpretation of the body language.

Believe me I would want nothing more than to live in a world where people are not trafficking baby organs for profit. It's not a badge of honor to call them on the carpet for this.... It actually makes my stomach turn.
(07-22-2015, 03:18 PM)GMDino Wrote: Sometimes.  As a communication major we were taught a bit about this.

And if, in this case, the words (and even the nonverbal communication) was that bad they wouldn't have edited the video to make it look bad.

Rock On

Yeah rolling your eyes while saying something would be the exact same thing as saying those words without rolling your eyes.

Nonverbal communication is as important as verbal.
(07-22-2015, 03:54 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Yeah rolling your eyes while saying something would be the exact same thing as saying those words without rolling your eyes.  

Nonverbal communication is as important as verbal.

Spoken like someone who has no idea.  I can just see you sitting there with your arms crossed and brows furrowed.

Good job.
(07-22-2015, 03:52 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Believe me I would want nothing more than to live in a world where people are not trafficking baby organs for profit.   It's not a badge of honor to call them on the carpet for this.... It actually makes my stomach turn.

Where is the profit?  Thought all monies exchanged were for the additional cost of recovery / sustentation of the TISSUE.

Am I missing something?
(07-22-2015, 04:08 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Where is the profit?  Thought all monies exchanged were for the additional cost of recovery / sustentation of the TISSUE.

Am I missing something?

Why is there not a set price?  Each location can negotiate their own price .... And according to video #1 ... They are not supposed to show too much profit.

Plus in video 2 the pp lady said that these companies come in and get the organs themselves so pp has to do nothing. If this is the case then why charge anything if they are doing nothing. Especially if it's for the "research"
(07-22-2015, 03:18 PM)GMDino Wrote: Sometimes.  As a communication major we were taught a bit about this.

Rock On

I would be very interested at which University you earned your degree that taught you that nonverbal communication was sometimes unimportant in communication.

Assuming your major was in Morse Code.

Thanks for the honest response. 

(07-22-2015, 04:11 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Why is there not a set price?  Each location can negotiate their own price .... And according to video #1 ... They are not supposed to show too much profit.

Prices are always going to vary by location.  Cost of the materials needed to preserve the tissue as well as the labor involved are going to vary by location.

Can't comment on the later as I havent seen the video.

(07-22-2015, 04:11 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Plus in video 2 the pp lady said that these companies come in and get the organs themselves so pp has to do nothing.   If this is the case then why charge anything if they are doing nothing. Especially if it's for the "research"

I would assume she is talking about transportation in terms of 'doing nothing'.  PP would need to go to additional lengths to keep the tissue in a particular state suitable for the needs of the research (e.g. Cryo)  They need to cover those costs.  

You put research in quotes above.  Are you insinuating something more nefarious than research, or are you merely downplaying the outcome of said research?  Honest question.