Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Player you had high hopes for but did not work out.
(07-17-2015, 12:51 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Bert "be home" Blyleven

Remember it but was slightly before I really realized how funny it all was, plus baseball wasn't really my thing.

A simple one that I always loved was Andre Bad Moon Rison.

Curtis My Favorite Martin was another funny one with not much to it.

Him on Sunday Night PrimeTime was honestly just such a big part of my life before the wreck.
Reply/Quote
Rey Maualuga.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
Based on injury alone, Greg Cook. God what could have been.
[Image: 52393749789596023645410.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2015, 04:01 AM)Lawless_1 Wrote: Rey Maualuga.

Surprised it took this long for this name to pop up.

I guess most people are not willing to admit it now, but Maualuga was one of the most popular draft picks in recent years.  The crowds his rookie year were full of #58 jerseys.
Reply/Quote
1. Tab Perry
2. Mario Urrutia (I don't think he even made the team) - This one was the best. I thought he was going to be the steal of the century and become a physically dominating force in the pros....whoops!
3. Laveranues Coles
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2015, 08:40 AM)djs7685 Wrote: 3. Laveranues Coles

I thought Coles was a good signing also.  
Reply/Quote
I'll sheepishly admit that i was on team Matt Jones.

Cry
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2015, 08:57 AM)bearstronaut Wrote: I'll sheepishly admit that i was on team Matt Jones.

Cry

I'll share in that shame.
Reply/Quote
Odell Thurman
Reply/Quote
Odell Thurman, Pollack, Tab Perry, Chris Perry
Reply/Quote
Keith Rivers. Had such high hopes for him. Then he got his jaw wired shut and pretty much was done.....
It's Rough in the Nasty Nati
Reply/Quote
Hmmmm. Very good question. So many unfortunately.

2004 Draft: This draft was bad outside of Madieu Williams. Really thought Landon Johnson had a shot but never got to the next level after a solid rookie year.

Ki-Jana Carter: See posts above.

Dan Wilkinson: Thought he was going to be a Hall of Famer. Did ok, but production not worthy of #1 pick.

Reinard Wilson: His best year was his contract year. He did play for 6 seasons, so I guess he shouldn't be on this list.

Bernard Clark: Really thought he would be a stud at a position we needed back in 1990. Thought he and James Francis were going to be a great tandem.

Lamar Rogers: 1991 2nd round pick from Auburn. Didn't last long here for various reasons. Had a great college career.

Orson Charles: I was very high on him coming out of Georgia. Thought he would be our starting TE for years.

Cobi Hamilton: Loved him in college. Saw him play against Rutgers and he was a one man wrecking machine.

Brentson Buckner: Didn't last long here. Had a solid career with the Panthers afterward.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Anyone that got hurt at Ford Field. Cry
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2015, 08:55 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I thought Coles was a good signing also.  

I wanted TO in 2009, but I thought Coles was an OK consolation prize.  Oh well.
Reply/Quote
Tom Scott Ninja

But seriously, as a free agent...Sam Adams. As a draft pick...Ki-Jana Carter. Obviously for two different reasons.

I expected Adams to have an impact, and he wound up being much more of a disappointment than a contributor. And of course, I had high hopes for Carter, and loved the move up to land him, but the injury nixed that pretty quickly.
Sad
Reply/Quote
O'dell, Warrick & Ki-jana.
There's a long list.
Reply/Quote
I'm going to go way back -

John Walsh, QB - BYU. His name was being thrown around as the #1 overall pick before he slid all the way to the 7th. I was hoping he would pan out.

Kelly Washington, WR - Tennessee. He lit up the SEC. I thought he was going to be legit.
Reply/Quote
Akili Smith.
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2015, 09:59 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Well it was his paid job technically. Drinking and snorting cocaine is what he was doing like it was his paid job.

Warrick tops my list, followed by AJ Nicholson and Reinard Wilson. My Nole fandom showing a bit?

Warrick and Wilson would be my picks as well.  I was stoked when we drafted them.....just couldn't recapture that Tallahassee magic in Cincy....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(07-17-2015, 01:42 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: Akili Smith.

Bwaahhahahahahahahaha.....surely you jest..... LMAO

I was FURIOUS we drafted that clown.....Klingler too.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote