Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Player you had high hopes for but did not work out.
as far as FA's go laveranues coles and freaking Jason Allen
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2015, 01:18 AM)bfine32 Wrote: [Image: williamsr09-2--nfl_large_590_Unlimited.j...height=720]

Total a-hole. I made a delivery to him in '09 (he lived in the ascent) and he literally told me to wait while he counted out his change. As if he was afraid I'd steal a few bucks. Then, of course, he stiffed me. The delivery was on time and the order was fine, he was just a d-bag.

Fwiw, Lavernues Coles lived in the same building and was very decent, although it seemed like he was scared to death that I'd recognize him. Obviously I did, but I never said anything. Coles and his gf/wife were actually ordering Papa John's all season. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Geathers disappointed tremendously after his monster season. I had hopes he'd do well; even if he had a down year or two.

Moch I was VERY high on. Many draft people remember that. I was extremely high on the guy and really did hope he would pan out. Even thought he'd do great elsewhere when he got the chance.
Reply/Quote
I forgot about Antonio Bryant. What an expensive disaster.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Margus Hunt

Rey Mauluga

Andy Dalton
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(07-18-2015, 04:41 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I forgot about Antonio Bryant.  What an expensive disaster.

I remember watching a video on the Bengals website with Chad, TO, and Bryant all together talking about being the Big 3 like the Miami Heat. That had me extremely pumped for that season.

Bryant didn't play the the team was extremely underwhelming.
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2015, 12:03 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Total a-hole. I made a delivery to him in '09 (he lived in the ascent) and he literally told me to wait while he counted out his change. As if he was afraid I'd steal a few bucks. Then, of course, he stiffed me. The delivery was on time and the order was fine, he was just a d-bag.

Fwiw, Lavernues Coles lived in the same building and was very decent, although it seemed like he was scared to death that I'd recognize him. Obviously I did, but I never said anything. Coles and his gf/wife were actually ordering Papa John's all season. 

Drawing a blank.  Who was that a-hole?
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2015, 06:28 PM)Harmening Wrote: Drawing a blank.  Who was that a-hole?

Roy Williams
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2015, 04:08 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Geathers disappointed tremendously after his monster season. I had hopes he'd do well; even if he had a down year or two.

Moch I was VERY high on. Many draft people remember that. I was extremely high on the guy and really did hope he would pan out. Even thought he'd do great elsewhere when he got the chance.
He did well in the preseasons he just was never given a chance to play in the regular season. I think he could have made an impact if given the chance.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Peter Warrick would be my first choice. He was the most dominating college receiver that I had ever seen. I had my fingers crossed that we would take him. He wasn't horrible, but man......that guy had "out of this world" talent.

Other players that deserve mentioned-

Harold Green
Dennis Weathersby (too bad he was in that accident, dude could have been great IMO)
Gresham- I remember screaming for him on draft day. And then we picked him. He is a good all around tight end. But I thought he was the next great one.
David Pollack- Injuries again. He played with a lot of passion
Chris Henry- Too bad he passed away. He seemed to be turning his life around. I thought he was gonna be the next Randy Moss.
Odell Thurman- Man, he could play just with his instincts. Shithead should have kept his head on at least slightly straight.
Kenny Irons
Dontay Moch- Damn......I got a boner when we drafted him, lol.

Out of all of these guys that I mentioned, I think the one I wish could have had a second chance would be Weathersby. Chris Henry too. I think both had HOF talent.
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2015, 09:30 PM)J24 Wrote: He did well in the preseasons he just was never given a chance to play in the regular season. I think he could have made an impact if given the chance.

He did, and then he went Arizona, then back here, then to Tennessee, and now he's in Toronto.

He's had chances, he just never did anything with those chances
Reply/Quote
I too thought that Chase Coffman would be what this team had needed for a long time.

Kenny Irons was a ray of light that died before it could happen.

Keith Rivers looked to be all that was expected until the busted jaw.

A lot of people forget but Kelly Washington really stepped up when Chris Henry was either getting into trouble or injured.

Too bad money issues took him elsewhere.  He seemed to fit into our system.

RB Kenny Watson and WR James Hundon showed some flashes that brought hope in the past.

I'll probably get ribbed for this... but safety Marvin White coming out of college with a chip on his shoulder looked like someone who brought the "tude" in the backfield.

He popped some guys really good but also got burnt quite frequently in Cinci and elsewhere.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Thurman and Pollack ... oh what could have been.
Reply/Quote
Sean Porter.

Dude could cover, rush the passer, and tackle. I figured he'd at least be fighting for the starting SAM spot by his second year.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Ugh, this is getting depressing!
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2015, 11:51 AM)fozzie11 Wrote:  freaking Jason Allen

As a Vol fan I was psyched to get Allen.  He was an elite athlete who could cover like a corner and tackle like a safety.  he had never played up to his potential in the NFL, but I viewed him as Reggie nelson v2.0.  The one postition where the bengals have been very good at coaching players up has been DB.  I was certain that we would turn Allen into a top DB.
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2015, 04:37 PM)Utts Wrote: Thurman and Pollack ... oh what could have been.

This

Combine that with Henry not passing away and it could have been a Superbowl team making draft. 

And Pollack was not a high risk player.  Dude was smart, quick and productive.

We've had our share of freak injuries
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2015, 11:55 AM)fredtoast Wrote: As a Vol fan I was psyched to get Allen.  He was an elite athlete who could cover like a corner and tackle like a safety.  he had never played up to his potential in the NFL, but I viewed him as Reggie nelson v2.0.  The one postition where the bengals have been very good at coaching players up has been DB.  I was certain that we would turn Allen into a top DB.

I remembering you being higher on him than Newman, who I think we signed the same year. Odd Newman turned out to be the much better signing that year. Hopefully the young guns can replace him, and I hope he does well in Minn.
[Image: what%2Bday%2Bis%2Bit.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2015, 05:04 PM)TSwigZ Wrote: Margus Hunt

Rey Mauluga

Andy Dalton

I may be inviting another Andy Sucks Thread, but isn't this a little premature?  Ditto Hunt?
Reply/Quote
Dontay Moch would be the guy that comes to my mind first...
Reply/Quote