Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Players at 8/31 practice/waiver claims/transactions
A hint of our PS perhaps. Players seen at practice today include

1) Thad Moss
2) Jake Browning
3) Drue Chrisman
4) Kwamie Lassiter
5) Kendric Pryor-and just like that he was claimed by the Jags...good luck to him

Bengals waiver claims
1) TE Devin Asiasi-NE wanted him back
2) G- Max Scharping
3) DT Jay Tufelele

3 more players to be cut off of the roster from yesterday.

Pryor only Bengal cut claimed

No one claimed Leatherwood-correction claimed by Chicago so he made it down to #7 in the waiver order

According to Jay Morrison the locker room still has name plates up for TE Eubanks, LB Scales, CB Hood, OL Cochran, LS Adomitis, DT D. Davis, OL Gilliam, DE R.Johnson, RB Patrick

Trent Irwin is there too. Add Tyler Shelvin to the list

they were released yesterday with an injury designation. they automatically reverted to IR when not claimed via waiver

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Pryor to the Jags
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2022, 01:35 PM)pally Wrote: A hint of our PS perhaps.  Players seen at practice today include

1) Thad Moss
2) Jake Browning
3) Drue Chrisman
4) Kwamie Lassiter
5) Kendric Pryor-and just like that he was claimed by the Jags...good luck to him

Bengals waiver claims
2) G- Max Scharping
3) DT Jay Tufelele

No one claimed Leatherwood

Chicago claimed Leatherwood.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2022, 01:35 PM)pally Wrote: A hint of our PS perhaps.  Players seen at practice today include

1) Thad Moss
2) Jake Browning
3) Drue Chrisman
4) Kwamie Lassiter

Bengals waiver claims
2) G- Max Scharping
3) DT Jay Tufelele

No one claimed Leatherwood

According to Jay Morrison the locker room still has name plates up for TE Eubanks, LB Scales, CB Hood, OL Cochran, LS Adomitis, DT D. Davis, OL Gilliam, DE R.Johnson, RB Patrick

Scharping is an ok starting guard.
938 offensive snaps in 2019 (rookie year), 454 offensive snaps played in 2020, 689 snaps in 2021.
2019 and 2020 were primarily at LG while 2021 was primarily at RG.
6 sacks allowed over that three-year period in over 2000 snaps.
I'd be ok with Scharping starting at LG over Volson or Carman.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
Damn it. Thought Pryor would be claimed. Whatever
Reply/Quote
Should have carried Pryor over a 4th running back...

I do like Jay Tufele and Max Scharping. Solid claims especially at 31st on the wire.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2022, 02:09 PM)Synric Wrote: Should have carried Pryor over a 4th running back...

I do like Jay Tufele and Max Scharping. Solid claims especially at 31st on the wire.

True..

Hope Scharping makes it to us, always liked him. I know nothing about Tufele.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2022, 02:13 PM)pally Wrote:

Should be yelling at yourself Zac lol

Funny stuff though, I like Zac but as Synric said, should of kept Pryor over 4 RB's.
Reply/Quote
Sucks losing Pryor but I'm not surprised.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2022, 01:50 PM)pally Wrote:

That's painful. With his speed and what he flashed in pre-season, he had the potential to grow into a role should any of the big three go down for any amount of time. I think a lot of posters figured he would be picked up. Those who said no one would pick him up certainly proved incorrect.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2022, 02:17 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Should be yelling at yourself Zac lol

Funny stuff though, I like Zac but as Synric said, should of kept Pryor over 4 RB's.

except we probably won't have 4 RBs by the end of today.  I can't see Williams making it through today's transactions

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2022, 02:11 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: True..

Hope Scharping makes it to us, always liked him. I know nothing about Tufele.

Jay Tufele is a NT out of USC. He was drafted early 4th round in 2020 when all the Defensive Tackles slid to the mid rounds or clear out of the draft.

I remember he was a highly recruited talented guy but played in that USC defense that just wasnt good. Waived in his second season. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2022, 02:20 PM)Nepa Wrote: That's painful. With his speed and what he flashed in pre-season, he had the potential to grow into a role should any of the big three go down for any amount of time. I think a lot of posters figured he would be picked up. Those who said no one would pick him up certainly proved incorrect.

True, plus we took Asiasi over OJ Howard. All I got on this guy is the Patriots wanted him back. 

Hope he was the better option.

(08-31-2022, 02:22 PM)pally Wrote: except we probably won't have 4 RBs by the end of today.  I can't see Williams making it through today's transactions

Which is why we should of kept Pryor on the roster over Trayveon...
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2022, 02:22 PM)pally Wrote: except we probably won't have 4 RBs by the end of today.  I can't see Williams making it through today's transactions

Same thing I was thinking. Scharping might just be a decent signing.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2022, 02:25 PM)Synric Wrote: Jay Tufele is a NT out of USC. He was drafted early 4th round in 2020 when all the Defensive Tackles slid to the mid rounds or clear out of the draft.

I remember he was a highly recruited talented guy but played in that USC defense that just wasnt good. Waived in his second season. 

Thanks Synric. Sounds like an upgrade over Shelvin who shown nothing with us. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2022, 02:25 PM)Synric Wrote: Jay Tufele is a NT out of USC. He was drafted early 4th round in 2020 when all the Defensive Tackles slid to the mid rounds or clear out of the draft.

Zac said he was on their draft board but he was taken by the Jags in the 4th round before the Bengals picked.  We took Cam Sample instead

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2022, 02:30 PM)pally Wrote: Zac said he was on their draft but was taken by the Jags in the 4th round before the Bengals picked.  We took Cam Sample instead

Nice and I really like Cam Sample for us as an End/3-tech in our rotation.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2022, 02:30 PM)pally Wrote: Zac said he was on their draft but was taken by the Jags in the 4th round before the Bengals picked.  We took Cam Sample instead

Doesnt surprise me they wanted a backup nose that year and ended up taking Tyler Shelvin a little bit later in the 4th. I remember Tufele was getting mid second round grades but as a NT he slid which is usual.

Reply/Quote