Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
{ Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 2 }
(09-18-2023, 10:17 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Yes, he was. Lamar stepped up aggressively in the pocket which caused Wilson to crash down, thinking Lamar was scrambling up the middle. The Lamar put the brakes on and bounced it back out to the side and outran everyone. 

Many people (not you) think that a spy is a really strong counter to QBs rushing and it can be effective but the issue with Lamar is he is so athletic he can easily get by them. 

Lamar is the #1 slippery, slimey, hard to catch and grab hold of runner in the NFL. He does it to everyone, but when he does it to us it's just because we suck. 
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 10:19 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Lamar is the #1 slippery, slimey, hard to catch and grab hold of runner in the NFL. He does it to everyone, but when he does it to us it's just because we suck. 

Yeah, a lot of Cincinnati fans absolutely hate Lamar so when he does well, it has to be because "we suck". I still people regularly call him a running back and trash on him whenever they can. The dude is a good QB but he is an absolutely amazing athlete - possibly the greatest athlete to ever play QB. His running ability is a nightmare to defend against. 
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 10:05 AM)Bengalion Wrote: Our offense has certainly shown this year that if Chase is being taken away there is zero creativity to find ways to get him involved and back in the game again. I don’t know if Chase just doesn’t like running routes over the middle or what, but it seems like it’s either fade or go routes and relying on his speed/athleticism to win out, without any thought to how to actually scheme him open. Things were so bad that Dan Hoard said at one point “how is it possible that Chase has one catch for 0 yards at this point?" (He said this on the 3rd quarter).

If you watch Miami they are constantly sending Tyreek on crossing routes and Tua is making serious hay doing this....
Bengals dont seem to be interested in having Chase do this....only  Boyd here and there. 
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 10:12 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Superstars are beating us, Chubb runs us over, Lamar runs us over/passes us over. Their backup RBs crushed us. Our injured superstar is not making it a fair fight lol.

We can't expect to win the division with an injured Burrow just like Ravens couldn't claim it with a backup QB. Difference is they made the playoffs playing their backup routinely, we need an emergency QB. You can win the superbowl without winning the division. I'd ask for Matt Ryan!

While I like Ryan from a strict passing perspective when looking at potential available guys, Ryan is essentially a tree. He doesn't have any mobility.
He'd get sacked I think quite a good amount with this OL.
Bengals need a guy who can move around a bit to extend plays.
Maybe Carson Wentz has enough mobility and throwing ability? I've not been a big fan of Wentz's accuracy though.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 10:24 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Yeah, a lot of Cincinnati fans absolutely hate Lamar so when he does well, it has to be because "we suck". I still people regularly call him a running back and trash on him whenever they can. The dude is a good QB but he is an absolutely amazing athlete - possibly the greatest athlete to ever play QB. His running ability is a nightmare to defend against. 

I think he threw 9 passes in the second half. 

The #1 priority against Lamar should be keeping him in the pocket - especially on 3rd down. Bengals failed to do that yesterday. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 01:57 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I think he threw 9 passes in the second half. 

The #1 priority against Lamar should be keeping him in the pocket - especially on 3rd down. Bengals failed to do that yesterday. 

Very true but when Lamar is passing as well as he did yesterday it's going to hard to stop him. Being a Louisville fan obviously I like Lamar, yet love the Bengals much more. The recipe for beating Lamar is to contain him which is very difficult to do but Hubbard is good at it, and make him beat you with his arm. Then hope to get some picks or short drives and not let him feel his oats. Yet he did just that and was throwing dimes out there and if he keeps that up an another MVP could be in his future.

That being said, the good news is that the Bengals played very average at best and the Ravens played pretty well, yet it was only a 3 point game. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 06:23 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Very true but when Lamar is passing as well as he did yesterday it's going to hard to stop him. Being a Louisville fan obviously I like Lamar, yet love the Bengals much more. The recipe for beating Lamar is to contain him which is very difficult to do but Hubbard is good at it, and make him beat you with his arm. Then hope to get some picks or short drives and not let him feel his oats. Yet he did just that and was throwing dimes out there and if he keeps that up an another MVP could be in his future.

That being said, the good news is that the Bengals played very average at best and the Ravens played pretty well, yet it was only a 3 point game. 

Exactly on Lamar Jackson.

He's so good because he's such a threat with his feet but also a good enough (albeit not great) passer that you have to worry about that too.

Very, very few Front 7 defenders have the athletic ability to actually stick with Jackson if/when he scrambles.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 10:05 AM)Bengalion Wrote: Our offense has certainly shown this year that if Chase is being taken away there is zero creativity to find ways to get him involved and back in the game again. I don’t know if Chase just doesn’t like running routes over the middle or what, but it seems like it’s either fade or go routes and relying on his speed/athleticism to win out, without any thought to how to actually scheme him open. Things were so bad that Dan Hoard said at one point “how is it possible that Chase has one catch for 0 yards at this point?" (He said this on the 3rd quarter).

Justin Jefferson gets doubled teamed all the time yet Minnesota still finds a way to get him open and get him the ball.  Taylor is just a poor X and O coach.  If Cincinnati had a good offensive coordinator that could call his own plays, this Bengals offense would be much better.  Taylor just messes it up.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 06:28 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Exactly on Lamar Jackson.

He's so good because he's such a threat with his feet but also a good enough (albeit not great) passer that you have to worry about that too.

Very, very few Front 7 defenders have the athletic ability to actually stick with Jackson if/when he scrambles.

Not really. All our DL had to do was set edges and not blow contain and over half the Rats rushing yards evaporate. 
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 08:54 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Robbins is still last in the NFL at 40.7 AVG yards a punt.

(09-17-2023, 08:57 PM)michaelsean Wrote: That’s perfect. He will be kicking from the fifty all year long!

I hear he has great hang time on those 40 yard punts
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 05:22 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Burrow aggravating his calf is very concerning. I expected the defense to struggle coming into the season but the offense is struggling. I don't know it's too early for a coherent take from me. Gonna be a long year.

Burrow injured his calf at the end of July.  It is now two weeks in to September.  If his calf hadn't healed in all that time what makes anyone believe it will be healed in another week after he re-injured it.  Burrow needs to go on IR because he is injured and will be dinking and dunking while throwing a bunch of check downs so he isnt even helping the team being out there like that.  There is also the very real possibility he makes his injury worse.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 10:42 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Burrow injured his calf at the end of July.  It is now two weeks in to September.  If his calf hadn't healed in all that time what makes anyone believe it will be healed in another week after he re-injured it.  Burrow needs to go on IR because he is injured and will be dinking and dunking while throwing a bunch of check downs so he isnt even helping the team being out there like that.  There is also the very real possibility he makes his injury worse.

The problem is the dumb hole they put themselves into. Putting Burrow on IR is the same as tapping out on the season. And at that point we're back to the usual Bengal anthem of "Wait till next year", which at that point basically means the Bungles are back. 
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 10:24 PM)Joelist Wrote: Not really. All our DL had to do was set edges and not blow contain and over half the Rats rushing yards evaporate. 

Ravens at there best with lamar creating havoc,  much easier said than done on edges .. 
Reply/Quote