Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Predict our "washed up DE" free agent signing this year
(05-05-2016, 04:05 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Dismissed. Sorry not dropped. Didnt know there was a difference. Dallas is a clown show. With Dez Bryant being a leader and the way their season went he had problems. Thats my main problem with him. Being late to meetings. We arent going to be like Dallas and try to force him in to a leadership position.

They were idiots having him as the mentor to two young high draft picks. Who are now suspended. He would come in as a back up, and far from a leader.

Pickman is far from a choir boy. Do i like him as a person. From what i can tell no i sure dont. Do i like him making plays for my team. I sure do.

I dont have to like Hardy as a man. But i like him as a football player.

At least Pickman is involved with area youth, has a wife and family, is stand-up teammate to the nth degree, and gives a little back to the community......I've never read one good thing about Greg Hardy......not one.  I'm not the biggest fan of PacMan, but when someone makes him look like The Walter Payton Man of the Year recipient, you KNOW it's bad.  Screw Greg Hardy.....not in this lifetime.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't take Hardy just like I wouldn't take Suggs if he was available.

I like our locker room chemistry, and its because of guys like Peko, Andy, Whit, AJ and even newer guys like WJ3 and Vigil. I like what our team is in the locker room just as much as I like the product on the field and I would like it to stay that way. Pacman is really the last remaining player from the "rehabilitation days" of the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2016, 04:04 PM)Benton Wrote: Jason Jones is still out there.

I'd be happy with signing him. He could fill that Gillberry role.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2016, 03:22 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I think Hatcher retired. Guys like Werner, Easley and Bowers are still out there.

I completely forgot Bowers was released. Coming out of college, he was supposed to be a well-rounded prospect against both the run and pass. He's got the size and power that fit what the Bengals covet. The only thing probably is that he's "only" 6'3".

However, since coming to the NFL, he's never had more than 3 sacks in a season and wasn't living up to his draft projection.

I can see a player like this coming in due to his size, but I also thought the same of Robert Ayers after his time in Denver...only to see him go to the Giants in FA. The main difference between Ayers and Bowers though is that Ayers has actually been productive whereas Bowers has not.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-05-2016, 04:34 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I completely forgot Bowers was released. Coming out of college, he was supposed to be a well-rounded prospect against both the run and pass. He's got the size and power that fit what the Bengals covet. The only thing probably is that he's "only" 6'3".

However, since coming to the NFL, he's never had more than 3 sacks in a season and wasn't living up to his draft projection.

I can see a player like this coming in due to his size, but I also thought the same of Robert Ayers after his time in Denver...only to see him go to the Giants in FA. The main difference between Ayers and Bowers though is that Ayers has actually been productive whereas Bowers has not.

Bowers' drop in 2011 was amazing to watch. People couldn't believe he lasted until the 2nd round. Then it was revealed that he had knee issues. I know some people say that 2nd round picks can't be busts, but he's pretty damn close to that.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2016, 04:02 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Probably same "sources" that said FO is tired of Marv ?

Cowboys are as thin at DE as any team in the league.

The fact that they have no interest in signing Hardy tells me that the sources for this story are probably correct
Reply/Quote
LaMarr Woodley

Calvin Pace
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Too easy. Larry English.

30 years old, former 1st round pick. Check and check!

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Don't we already have two overdrafted underperforming DEs on the squad?

Reply/Quote
Greg Hardy would have to agree to a very special ..in fact we invented it.. week to week 'contract'.

All troubled players should have to do this if they want back in.

Still, your going to need a back up option in case that doesn't work out and in our case we have Margus Hunt.

Reply/Quote
(05-05-2016, 02:42 PM)Stormborn Wrote: Freeney pls

He had 8 sacks and 3 FF last year and only played in 11 games.  He was a one year rental with an incentives based contract worth up to 2 million.  He may be 36, but that production at that price tag is SILLY.  I'd hope that they give him a really hard look.
Reply/Quote
We don't want Hardy even close to this team.
Reply/Quote
Quinten Coples.

Checks all the boxes:

1st rounder
6'6" 290lbs.

Bengals love those big DE, ex first rounders
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2016, 09:24 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: We don't want Hardy even close to this team.

Me guessing you would say the same about Burfict and Jones if you weren't a Bengals fan. No? FWIW i'm leery of the man myself but that "what if" is still there. 

Reply/Quote
(05-05-2016, 11:03 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Me guessing you would say the same about Burfict and Jones if you weren't a Bengals fan. No? FWIW i'm leery of the man myself but that "what if" is still there. 

Well, I haven't heard anyone say that Burfict or Jones is a shitty teammate.  The same can't be said about Hardy.  It's one thing to deal with the off the field stuff with a player that everyone in the locker room likes, another to deal with an asshole.
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2016, 11:54 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Well, I haven't heard anyone say that Burfict or Jones is a shitty teammate.  The same can't be said about Hardy.  It's one thing to deal with the off the field stuff with a player that everyone in the locker room likes, another to deal with an asshole.

The entire world thinks those 2 lost the PO game for us. How is that not being a shitty teammate? Burfict is suspended for 3 games how is that not being a shitty teammate? Maybe outside of Dallas Hardy isn't a shitty teammate? Maybe he has been getting therapy? I don't know. I do know that we have done a fine job with troubled players though. I do know that a peace minded Hardy would make our line unstoppable especially if the Billings Ball gets rolling early. I do know that taking Hardy on would be a gamble.

Reply/Quote
(05-06-2016, 12:03 AM)Atomic Orange Wrote: The entire world thinks those 2 lost the PO game for us. How is that not being a shitty teammate? Burfict is suspended for 3 games how is that not being a shitty teammate? Maybe outside of Dallas Hardy isn't a shitty teammate? Maybe he has been getting therapy? I don't know. I do know that we have done a fine job with troubled players though. I do know that a peace minded Hardy would make our line unstoppable especially if the Billings Ball gets rolling early. I do know that taking Hardy on would be a gamble.

I've never once heard any member of the Bengals talk about either of those 2 being a cancer.  Nobody came out and said they didn't want those 2 guys on the team after the Steeler's game.

Where is all the locker room support for Hardy in Dallas or Carolina?  
Reply/Quote
I wish it was freeney,never heard of the others
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2016, 12:24 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I've never once heard any member of the Bengals talk about either of those 2 being a cancer.  Nobody came out and said they didn't want those 2 guys on the team after the Steeler's game.

Where is all the locker room support for Hardy in Dallas or Carolina?  

The man is troubled for sure but can he be rehabilitated like Jones? He obviously could have been considered a cancer because remember this:

Las Vegas shooting case and suspension[edit]

On the morning of February 19, 2007, during the 2007 NBA All-Star Game weekend in Las Vegas, Jones was allegedly involved in an altercation with an exotic dancer at Minxx, a local strip club. Jones and American rap artist Nelly patronized the club that evening. Nelly, along with someone known as Richard Rich, showered the stage with hundreds of one-dollar bills; an act known as "making it rain." Jones then joined Nelly by throwing his own money for "visual effect." Club promoter Chris Mitchell then directed his dancers to collect the money. According to the club's co-owner, Jones became enraged when a dancer began taking the money without his permission. He allegedly grabbed her by her hair and slammed her head on the stage. A security guard intervened and scuffled with members of Jones' entourage of half a dozen people. Jones then allegedly threatened the guard's life.[7] During this time, Mitchell and a male associate left the club with a garbage bag filled with $81,020 and two Breitling watches, which police later recovered.[8] After club patrons left following the original confrontation, the club owner claimed a person in Jones' entourage returned with a gun and fired into a crowd, damaging equipment and hitting three people, including the security guard involved in the earlier skirmish. The guard was shot twice, and one of the people hit—former professional wrestler Tommy Urbanski—was paralyzed from the waist down. Jones maintains that he did not know the shooter, although the club's owner insists that Jones did. On March 26, 2007, the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department recommended to the city's district attorney that Jones be charged with one count of felony coercion, one misdemeanor count of battery and one misdemeanor count of threat to life.[9]
More trouble followed Jones after the altercation, when drug dealer Darryl Jerome Moore was arrested. After the arrest, Moore told the police about his phone conversations with Jones. "We gotta slow down, man. We gotta get him focused on football, man." Moore is alleged to have said. Wiretapped phone conversations between Moore and his friends revealed Moore talking about how Jones bet on college games to earn quick money. "You know, I was talkin' to him the other day about smokin', and he was like 'man, if I didn't smoke I couldn't take all the stress that I'm dealing with right now,'" Moore said.[10] Jones has not been connected to the Moore drug arrests or convicted for the Vegas stripper incident.

Heavy stuff, click the link for even more!

Anyway, so yeah.. Adam Jones was a gamble but now everything is peachy. Look we aren't going to sign Hardy so this chat is a mute point anyway. I just don't like double standards that's all. You can't fry and doom Greg Hardy without considering Adam Jones. You may have the last word.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Jones_(American_football)#Las_Vegas_shooting_case_and_suspension

Reply/Quote
I'm predicting it will be someone who gets cut by another team, who's most likely aging, and then we'll all praise it like we just signed Howie Long.

Who knows, though- maybe we'll get a good player that was cut because they didn't want to take a pay cut or something.
Reply/Quote