Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Predict our "washed up DE" free agent signing this year
(05-06-2016, 02:00 AM)Atomic Orange Wrote:  The man is troubled for sure but can he be rehabilitated like Jones? He obviously could have been considered a cancer because remember this:

Las Vegas shooting case and suspension[edit]

On the morning of February 19, 2007, during the 2007 NBA All-Star Game weekend in Las Vegas, Jones was allegedly involved in an altercation with an exotic dancer at Minxx, a local strip club. Jones and American rap artist Nelly patronized the club that evening. Nelly, along with someone known as Richard Rich, showered the stage with hundreds of one-dollar bills; an act known as "making it rain." Jones then joined Nelly by throwing his own money for "visual effect." Club promoter Chris Mitchell then directed his dancers to collect the money. According to the club's co-owner, Jones became enraged when a dancer began taking the money without his permission. He allegedly grabbed her by her hair and slammed her head on the stage. A security guard intervened and scuffled with members of Jones' entourage of half a dozen people. Jones then allegedly threatened the guard's life.[7] During this time, Mitchell and a male associate left the club with a garbage bag filled with $81,020 and two Breitling watches, which police later recovered.[8] After club patrons left following the original confrontation, the club owner claimed a person in Jones' entourage returned with a gun and fired into a crowd, damaging equipment and hitting three people, including the security guard involved in the earlier skirmish. The guard was shot twice, and one of the people hit—former professional wrestler Tommy Urbanski—was paralyzed from the waist down. Jones maintains that he did not know the shooter, although the club's owner insists that Jones did. On March 26, 2007, the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department recommended to the city's district attorney that Jones be charged with one count of felony coercion, one misdemeanor count of battery and one misdemeanor count of threat to life.[9]
More trouble followed Jones after the altercation, when drug dealer Darryl Jerome Moore was arrested. After the arrest, Moore told the police about his phone conversations with Jones. "We gotta slow down, man. We gotta get him focused on football, man." Moore is alleged to have said. Wiretapped phone conversations between Moore and his friends revealed Moore talking about how Jones bet on college games to earn quick money. "You know, I was talkin' to him the other day about smokin', and he was like 'man, if I didn't smoke I couldn't take all the stress that I'm dealing with right now,'" Moore said.[10] Jones has not been connected to the Moore drug arrests or convicted for the Vegas stripper incident.

Heavy stuff, click the link for even more!

Anyway, so yeah.. Adam Jones was a gamble but now everything is peachy. Look we aren't going to sign Hardy so this chat is a mute point anyway. I just don't like double standards that's all. You can't fry and doom Greg Hardy without considering Adam Jones. You may have the last word.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Jones_(American_football)#Las_Vegas_shooting_case_and_suspension

You are completely missing the point.

None of Jone's teammates thought he was a cancer.

EVERYBODY pretty much thought Hardy was a locker room distraction and a complete prick.  If you can't see the difference when it comes to the team, then I don't know what to tell you.

Sure, the off the field stuff may be similar or even worse for Pac-Man, but there was a long line of teammates and coaches that thought the world of the guy and hoped that he could change.

I've never once heard anyone say that they like Hardy.  

The bottom line is that nobody likes the guy and nobody wants him around.
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2016, 04:14 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: You are completely missing the point.

None of Jone's teammates thought he was a cancer.

EVERYBODY pretty much thought Hardy was a locker room distraction and a complete prick.  If you can't see the difference when it comes to the team, then I don't know what to tell you.

Sure, the off the field stuff may be similar or even worse for Pac-Man, but there was a long line of teammates and coaches that thought the world of the guy and hoped that he could change.

I've never once heard anyone say that they like Hardy.  

The bottom line is that nobody likes the guy and nobody wants him around.

As one of Pacman’s former Titans teammates told me Monday, “By the end (of ’06), guys were so sick of him and his antics and the uncertainty over whether he was gonna play that they just wanted it to be over.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ms-trippintuesday060308

Pickman was once a young dumb *******. And he made pretty much his whole team hate him.

Hardy is a 27 year old *******. He is young enough to turn his career around. Funny thing. Pickman's first year here he was 27.
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2016, 05:01 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: As one of Pacman’s former Titans teammates told me Monday, “By the end (of ’06), guys were so sick of him and his antics and the uncertainty over whether he was gonna play that they just wanted it to be over.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ms-trippintuesday060308

Pickman was once a young dumb *******. And he made pretty much his whole team hate him.

Hardy is a 27 year old *******. He is young enough to turn his career around. Funny thing. Pickman's first year here he was 27.

Nice article - I had forgotten how bad Pacman was.  I think one advantage that Pacman has over Greg Hardy is Pacman’s wife, Tishana.  I remember an interview that Pacman said he lost all of his “friends” after he blew all of his money.  He gave her a lot of credit for sticking with him.  And now they have a couple of girls that he seems to adore.

I am still hoping Margus Hunt will have a breakout year with the Olympic style training and the coaching by Kevin Greene.

I remember that many fans thought Andy Dalton was a bust until he was coached by Tom House.
Reply/Quote
REPENT or ye shall go to H E double tooth brushes..
Hardy ain't gonna repent because he doesn't think he has ever been wrong about anything.
Jones, while no choir boy at least got his act together.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2016, 05:01 PM)NATI Wrote: Hardy is a 27 year old *******. He is young enough to turn his career around. Funny thing. Pickman's first year here he was 27.

Pickman also came here from Dallas. Ninja 

Reply/Quote
Not a DE but Dashon Goldson is available I know he has been brought up in the forums in the past and since Reggie is gone.......
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2016, 08:32 PM)grampahol Wrote: REPENT or ye shall go to H E double tooth brushes..
Hardy ain't gonna repent because he doesn't think he has ever been wrong about anything.
Jones, while no choir boy at least got his act together.

...and Jones didn't get his act together until he signed with the Bengals.

Not saying I agree, but I think people are suggesting Hardy could turn his life and career around if he signed with the Bengals.

We do have a good track record with players of his ilk. Not that I actually want him. He'd likely be a backup here, even though he's more talented than MJ.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2016, 12:17 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: ...and Jones didn't get his act together until he signed with the Bengals.

Not saying I agree, but I think people are suggesting Hardy could turn his life and career around if he signed with the Bengals.

We do have a good track record with players of his ilk. Not that I actually want him. He'd likely be a backup here, even though he's more talented than MJ.

I don't think there were ever questions about Pacman's mental state, which makes all the difference in the world.  Hardy has said that teams asked if he was diagnosed bi-polar at the combine.  Look at Hardy's behavior in Dallas and even more so look at the interview he gave to ESPN.  This is a guy who just doesn't get it... to go on national television, when you don't have to, and claim you have never laid a hand on a woman.  To make statements that women don't get abused in the "Bible belt". 

I am not a psychologist, but I do have a sister in law who is bi-polar.  You don't fix that without medication.  Medication that makes you feel numb and lethargic almost all of the time (what I have been told).  I was not overjoyed when the team signed Pacman, but can see that he made big strides towards turning his life around.  Hardy on the other hand seems like a completely unrepentant piece of trash... I really wish he would just go away so that people could stop suggesting he come here.
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2016, 03:01 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I don't think there were ever questions about Pacman's mental state, which makes all the difference in the world.  Hardy has said that teams asked if he was diagnosed bi-polar at the combine.  Look at Hardy's behavior in Dallas and even more so look at the interview he gave to ESPN.  This is a guy who just doesn't get it... to go on national television, when you don't have to, and claim you have never laid a hand on a woman.  To make statements that women don't get abused in the "Bible belt". 

I am not a psychologist, but I do have a sister in law who is bi-polar.  You don't fix that without medication.  Medication that makes you feel numb and lethargic almost all of the time (what I have been told).  I was not overjoyed when the team signed Pacman, but can see that he made big strides towards turning his life around.  Hardy on the other hand seems like a completely unrepentant piece of trash... I really wish he would just go away so that people could stop suggesting he come here.

I'm with ya. I wanted him last year, but after watching a few Dallas games last year I changed my mind. I will say this, Brandon Marshall is bi-polar and seems to handle it well. That said, maybe he's medicated for it. If we had a need at DE and Hardy had shown some signs of turning his life around, I'm all for second chances. But we really don't have a dire need at DE and Hardy looked like a loose cannon in Dallas.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I have a feeling that they'll ride it out with the guys they have. I'm disappointed about not drafting a DE, no doubt. I always want a pass rusher.

I tend to peruse league rosters this time of year and up to the start of the season. I've been doing this for a week. Although there are surely some lesser-known guys that are better than I realize, I think any team with two legit good starters is in decent shape if the rest of the roster is strong, as our is. Margus and Will may be unproven. They may even be awful. That said, there are several teams with shit for talent at the position. Look at Dallas. Look at the OLBs on the Jets. Never heard of any of them. Take a gander at New Orleans minus Jordan and Tampa. Pittsbugh's rushers are a 90 year old Harrison, a no 1 pick in Jones who they have no confidence in, and Dupree. Baltimore's guys are ancient.

We need pass rushers soon. We might need to take a couple next year. Our issue with them is more of a long-term one that immediate. I'm more worried about who replaces MJ and Carlos when they've failed to find anyone effective in the 6 years since they came onboard. If those to stay healthy, we'll be okay in 16. If not, well…...
Reply/Quote
Dominique Easley.

https://mobile.twitter.com/jeffphowe/status/728933798105235456
Reply/Quote
Why do folks say Pacman has changed since being here?

Is it because he has only punched one woman in the face?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Let's just agree that nothing good comes from being out drinking after midnight.

Reply/Quote
(05-07-2016, 10:19 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'm with ya. I wanted him last year, but after watching a few Dallas games last year I changed my mind. I will say this, Brandon Marshall is bi-polar and seems to handle it well. That said, maybe he's medicated for it. If we had a need at DE and Hardy had shown some signs of turning his life around, I'm all for second chances. But we really don't have a dire need at DE and Hardy looked like a loose cannon in Dallas.

I saw a piece on Brandon, and he is medicated.  He has actually become an advocate for mental health awareness.  He admitted that if he would not have gotten help that he may not be alive today.
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2016, 02:27 PM)Storer50 Wrote: I wouldn't mind trying Werner.  Colts wanted him as an OLB in 3-4 but he translates better as de in 4-3.

Beat me to it.  This is a dead-on signing for the Bengals.  Fits the scheme and former high draft selection.  Plus, having been released, he doesn't affect the calculation for compensatory selections.  

We have a winner.  Besides, wasn't it the Germans that invented the Blitzkreig???   Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2016, 12:03 AM)Atomic Orange Wrote: The entire world thinks those 2 lost the PO game for us. How is that not being a shitty teammate? Burfict is suspended for 3 games how is that not being a shitty teammate? Maybe outside of Dallas Hardy isn't a shitty teammate? Maybe he has been getting therapy? I don't know. I do know that we have done a fine job with troubled players though. I do know that a peace minded Hardy would make our line unstoppable especially if the Billings Ball gets rolling early. I do know that taking Hardy on would be a gamble.

I think I count as being of this world, and I do not think they lost that game for us whatsoever.  Jeremy Hill did.  Those two also happen to the best players on the defense, with one the most talented (Burfict) and the other is the heart and soul, most passionate LEADER of the defense (Jones).  

I was one of the most vocal people against signing Jones, but ate my crow, and wrote a formal apology on here (I'm sure he cares) as I could not have been more wrong about the guy.  To have Burfict even mentioned with Hardy is completely unfair.  Burfict slid out of the entire draft, costing him millions, because he had a positive marijuana test (I think) and he was known for more than his share of personal fouls at ASU.   It is like comparing a parking ticket to a DUI.  One involves a bone-headed mistake that affects only that individual and costs him a bit of money, the other can put many lives at risk.  Hardy is a first-class jackass that has not seemed to learn from his mistakes.  I would want no part of him on this defense.  
Reply/Quote
Here are Werner's combine numbers. Not sure of his overall health, but I would absolutely bring him in for a workout. He didn't have much talent around him in Indy, at least on the interior.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/bjoern-werner?id=2540141

I understand his NFL production didn't come close to matching his combine ranking, but he seems like a very good 3rd down RDE for this defense. I don't like leaving MJ out there for 98% of the snaps and then wondering why his production waned by the end of the season, where the Bengals clearly need the most production.
Reply/Quote
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6icE53ag584

Youtube video of draft profile isn't very interesting, but the guy who gives the review LOOKS AND SOUNDS exactly like Eli Manning, but it isn't Eli Manning. Funny.
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2016, 01:01 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Why do folks say Pacman has changed since being here?

Is it because he has only punched one woman in the face?

before he got here he hadnt punched any women in the face.
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2016, 08:54 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Here are Werner's combine numbers. Not sure of his overall health, but I would absolutely bring him in for a workout. He didn't have much talent around him in Indy, at least on the interior.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/bjoern-werner?id=2540141

I understand his NFL production didn't come close to matching his combine ranking, but he seems like a very good 3rd down RDE for this defense. I don't like leaving MJ out there for 98% of the snaps and then wondering why his production waned by the end of the season, where the Bengals clearly need the most production.

Werner got picked up by the jags....

But

Freeney is begging for work

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/05/12/dwight-freeney-begging-for-work-admits-hell-go-anywhere/
Reply/Quote