Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Predict our "washed up DE" free agent signing this year
(05-06-2016, 12:03 AM)Atomic Orange Wrote: The entire world thinks those 2 lost the PO game for us. How is that not being a shitty teammate? Burfict is suspended for 3 games how is that not being a shitty teammate? Maybe outside of Dallas Hardy isn't a shitty teammate? Maybe he has been getting therapy? I don't know. I do know that we have done a fine job with troubled players though. I do know that a peace minded Hardy would make our line unstoppable especially if the Billings Ball gets rolling early. I do know that taking Hardy on would be a gamble.

No, the entire world doesn't.

Because at least part of the world with rational minds realizes that without those two, they would have never even sniffed a victory in the playoff game. It would have been a blowout loss with how crap the Bengals O was playing if you take away Jones' coverage of the #3 passing offense, and Burfict's sack injury of the Rapist, FF, and INT.

But go ahead and keep arguing for Greg Hardy. I am sure it doesn't make you look like an awful person. Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Bjoern Werner.... Another project guy.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
The Cowboys don't have a starting DE to begin the season, and even they won't sign Hardy at this point.

What else do you need to know about the guy?
Reply/Quote
Anyone arguing for Hardy needs a good ***** slap across the mouth.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2016, 12:24 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I've never once heard any member of the Bengals talk about either of those 2 being a cancer.  Nobody came out and said they didn't want those 2 guys on the team after the Steeler's game.

Where is all the locker room support for Hardy in Dallas or Carolina?  

What he said......

Without those 2 we wouldn't have even been in position to win that game.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2016, 09:00 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Anyone arguing for Hardy needs a good ***** slap across the mouth.

I heard Ray Rice was in great shape and looking for another shot, too.   Ninja Ninja Ninja

Reply/Quote
(05-05-2016, 10:53 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Quinten Coples.

Checks all the boxes:

1st rounder
6'6" 290lbs.

Bengals love those big DE, ex first rounders

Based on what the bengals have done in the past I also predict Coples will be our man.  
Reply/Quote
Found Him

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/05/05/amobi-okoye-says-hes-healthy-wants-to-play-again/

Not a DE but still fits the profile lol
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2016, 09:51 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Based on what the bengals have done in the past I also predict Coples will be our man.  

Highly doubtful. He signed a 2yr/$6.5m deal with the Rams this offseason. This is after they cut Chris Long and drafted 0 DEs. So he's pretty much their guy to stay for at least this year. ($0 dead money if he's cut after the 2016 season.)

Reply/Quote
When Pacman came to Cincy, he was NOT what he is now. He's completely changed. That's the gamble you take. You don't get the guy at low risk and low cost after they have done what Pacman did. Look at what we just paid him...nobody was scared of him because of his past.
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2016, 10:27 AM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: When Pacman came to Cincy, he was NOT what he is now. He's completely changed. That's the gamble you take. You don't get the guy at low risk and low cost after they have done what Pacman did. Look at what we just paid him...nobody was scared of him because of his past.

if they were thinknig about it (Hardy i assume here) first step would be to have go to dinner with marvin and guenther... and even mike brown. to explain expectations and discuss his role here.

It would be a 1 year vet min deal so he can prove he can "get it" and also allows bengals to cut him at anytime with minimal impact.

And dont let him talk to the media. they might choose not to even explore the option but i dont think it hurts to take a risk on that level of talent at min risk though no way would he get the 9 mil dallas gave.

but still very doubtful unless an injury during camp forces a hand

with pacman i think he had Zim voucing for him. we dont have anyone here to vouce for hardy as it were... adam was a few years remvoed from his big incident as well
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2016, 10:16 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Highly doubtful. He signed a 2yr/$6.5m deal with the Rams this offseason. This is after they cut Chris Long and drafted 0 DEs. So he's pretty much their guy to stay for at least this year. ($0 dead money if he's cut after the 2016 season.)

My mistake.  Don't know why I thought he was available.
Reply/Quote
Jason Jones is still relatively young and productive. Freeney would be an ok addition for 1 year I guess.

Here's a list of what's available: http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/defensive-end/available/
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2016, 01:25 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Jason Jones is still relatively young and productive. Freeney would be an ok addition for 1 year I guess.

Here's a list of what's available: http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/defensive-end/available/

after reviewing that list i say we just roll with what we have...
Reply/Quote
Bjoern Werner or Quinton Coples.

Edit: just saw George Selvie on that FA list Shake provided, wouldn't mind him or Jason Jones as Shake says either.
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2016, 11:58 AM)fredtoast Wrote: My mistake.  Don't know why I thought he was available.

No biggie, hard to keep track of all the random smaller signings. I read his name and just was like "I THINK he signed..." but for the life of me couldn't remember to what team or for what contract. Had to look it up to see if I was right or not. Lol

That said, if he was available, it would be a pretty good backup signing.

Reply/Quote
(05-06-2016, 10:04 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Found Him

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/05/05/amobi-okoye-says-hes-healthy-wants-to-play-again/

Not a DE but still fits the profile lol

I remember thinking that guy was going to really, really good. He was like getting a high school age kid with some more experience.

But I think he had disappeared even before the illness.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I was going to say I guess Coyle didn't have a very good endorsement for Demontre Moore since he was the D coordinator in Miami last year. But Coyle got fired before the Giants cut Moore and the Dolphins picked him up.
Reply/Quote
Meet your new Free Agent. He has abnormally big hands, along with some other arbitrary measurement, and ties to Ohio State. Coincidentally, he was signed for cheap.

[Image: tumblr_lrfd3qb70x1qdjbb7o1_250.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2016, 03:27 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Meet your new Free Agent. He has abnormally big hands, along with some other arbitrary measurement, and ties to Ohio State.  Coincidentally, he was signed for cheap.

[Image: tumblr_lrfd3qb70x1qdjbb7o1_250.jpg]

Does he cost us any comp picks?  Because Ohio State, plus cheap, plus no comp picks pretty much equals the trifecta of good on this board...
Reply/Quote