Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Predict the season
(03-30-2018, 02:25 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You act like we are the Stains or something man, we still win 7 games in a terrible season.

Its always an excuse why this team can't finish anything off, be it a bad season or not winning a single playoff game. In all honesty the stains have a better outlook than the Bengals in my opinion. They are building their squad up and more importantly don't have the Marvin and Mike show.

The fact that Marvin Lewis was re-signed after this year says it all to me. I have no faith nor have I in years in him, and I must add he hasn't let me down in any way and lived up to his legend of not being able to pull it out when it counts. Not ONCE! So yeah the Bengals aren't going anywhere no matter what moves they make, no matter who they draft cause at the end of the day they will still have Marvin calling the shots.

Everyone is completely done with this team in January and by this time the Bengals make a few moves and all of a sudden they are going to win 10+ games? Give me a break...

If they do win 13 games they would still be out after the first playoff game.  

Marvin set this expectation with me throughout his career here so I have no reason to change my view while he continues to be here.

Like I said in the past, Im going to enjoy the wins we have during the season but I don't expect nothing to come from it.

I also don't begrudge you or anyone else for having a different outlook. I just don't feel let down at the end of the year because its what I expect. When people have high hopes Marvin has a way of extinguishing it come January LOL
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2018, 05:45 PM)GodFather Wrote: Its always an excuse why this team can't finish anything off, be it a bad season or not winning a single playoff game. In all honesty the stains have a better outlook than the Bengals in my opinion. They are building their squad up and more importantly don't have the Marvin and Mike show.

The fact that Marvin Lewis was re-signed after this year says it all to me. I have no faith nor have I in years in him, and I must add he hasn't let me down in any way and lived up to his legend of not being able to pull it out when it counts. Not ONCE! So yeah the Bengals aren't going anywhere no matter what moves they make, no matter who they draft cause at the end of the day they will still have Marvin calling the shots.

Everyone is completely done with this team in January and by this time the Bengals make a few moves and all of a sudden they are going to win 10+ games? Give me a break...

If they do win 13 games they would still be out after the first playoff game.  

Marvin set this expectation with me throughout his career here so I have no reason to change my view while he continues to be here.

Like I said in the past, Im going to enjoy the wins we have during the season but I don't expect nothing to come from it.

I also don't begrudge you or anyone else for having a different outlook. I just don't feel let down at the end of the year because its what I expect. When people have high hopes Marvin has a way of extinguishing it come January LOL

Hey i understand all that but we win games in the regular season under Merv. 10+ wins in the regular season is definately
not out of the question with moving on from PA, adding Frank Pollack, Bill Lazor, Teryl Austin, Alex Van Pelt, Cordy Glenn
and a new top Center in the Draft.

Completely agree about the big games though, have to see it to believe it. Cause Merv is without question the worst Playoff
coach of all time.

One thing i will continue to say is that if we can run the ball well we can take away some of Merv's weaknesses.

We have the RB's already on the roster.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2018, 06:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hey i understand all that but we win games in the regular season under Merv. 10+ wins in the regular season is definately
not out of the question with moving on from PA, adding Frank Pollack, Bill Lazor, Teryl Austin, Alex Van Pelt, Cordy Glenn
and a new top Center in the Draft.

Completely agree about the big games though, have to see it to believe it. Cause Merv is without question the worst Playoff
coach of all time.

One thing i will continue to say is that if we can run the ball well we can take away some of Merv's weaknesses.

We have the RB's already on the roster.

Agreed!

I think the Bengals finally have a near complete Team, similar to three years ago. Although three years ago, we didn't have Anderson and Williams to run behind, this year we have a couple of road graders in Hart and Glenn. A big Center would round it all out.

I am glad to hear that Marvin will use Lawson as an OLB on first and second downs. If we add an anchor DT, an edge and a cover LB in the draft, we should be a tough out for anybody. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2018, 06:58 PM)GodFather Wrote: I wish we could pin this to the top so at the end of the season we can see how people feel about their original predictions! LOL

i'd rather be wrong on the positive side.....
not the negative side....
the Bengals fix this O-line & the skys the limit....
ground game will be a huge threat to defenses......we'll see 8 in the box......
& A.D. & the receivers will feast....
control the clock.....low turn overs.....
11-5 no sweat.... Popcorn
Reply/Quote
Wins:
Broncos, Chargers, Panthers, Dolphins, Colts, Ravens, Browns, Browns

Losses:
Chiefs, Raiders, Saints, Falcons, Buccaneers, Ravens, Steelers, Steelers

8-8. No playoffs.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2018, 12:20 AM)Steve Wrote: i'd rather be wrong on the positive side.....

I'd rather be wrong on the side of what has been happening since Marvin has been here, and be pleasantly surprised if he pulled it out and we went far. That way I wont have my panties in a bunch like a lot of people who predict 11-5 and deep playoff run and get neither. Then they go on a tirade for a few months how they wont follow this team anymore because they are tired of it, and when they get a new water boy for the team will win the Super Bowl all of a sudden because the water is magic!!!
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2018, 09:21 PM)XsandOs Wrote: Agreed!

I think the Bengals finally have a near complete Team, similar to three years ago. Although three years ago, we didn't have Anderson and Williams to run behind, this year we have a couple of road graders in Hart and Glenn. A big Center would round it all out.

I am glad to hear that Marvin will use Lawson as an OLB on first and second downs. If we add an anchor DT, an edge and a cover LB in the draft, we should be a tough out for anybody. 

Not so fast, my friend.  We haven't even seen these guys suit up for practice, yet.  Glenn had ankle surgery, Hart was a complete flop with the Giants, and the Center is yet to even be on the team.

While the prospects of having a much improved OL seem promising, there is still a lot of work and proving to be done, before we can begin to consider the situation remedied.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
2-14

Like dating, lowering the expectations lowers being disappointed.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(03-30-2018, 09:21 PM)XsandOs Wrote: Agreed!

I doubt Hart makes the team with everything i have read about him, but yah never know.

Pollack must of seen something in him. Definately excited about Glenn and a new Center though, right there is a huge
upgrade over what we have had since Willie and Braham. Plus, these RB's are ten times more talented than Rudi Johnson.

No offense Rudi. Cool

(03-31-2018, 12:20 AM)Steve Wrote: i'd rather be wrong on the positive side.....
the Bengals fix this O-line & the skys the limit....
ground game will be a huge threat to defenses......we'll see 8 in the box......
& A.D. & the receivers will feast....
control the clock.....low turn overs.....
11-5 no sweat.... Popcorn

Yeah, i prefer to have an optimistic view in life.

I don't see us winning a Playoff game under Merv unless like i said the O-line is good enough to take the games out of his hands.

But i can definately see 10+ wins and under Merv 10+ wins have happened lots of times.

(03-31-2018, 10:30 AM)GodFather Wrote: I'd rather be wrong on the side of what has been happening since Marvin has been here, and be pleasantly surprised if he pulled it out and we went far. That way I wont have my panties in a bunch like a lot of people who predict 11-5 and deep playoff run and get neither. Then they go on a tirade for a few months how they wont follow this team anymore because they are tired of it, and when they get a new water boy for the team will win the Super Bowl all of a sudden because the water is magic!!!

Are you saying that is me GF?

If you are i don't think we can be friends anymore. Whatever

(03-31-2018, 10:51 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Not so fast, my friend.  We haven't even seen these guys suit up for practice, yet.  Glenn had ankle surgery, Hart was a complete flop with the Giants, and the Center is yet to even be on the team.

While the prospects of having a much improved OL seem promising, there is still a lot of work and proving to be done, before we can begin to consider the situation remedied.

Glenn had his bone spurs removed and says he is ready to go right now. He never had injury problems before this either.

Agreed on Hart. Draft Wynn and Ragnow/Price and the work will be done. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2018, 02:47 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I doubt Hart makes the team with everything i have read about him, but yah never know.

Pollack must of seen something in him. Definately excited about Glenn and a new Center though,
Glenn had his bone spurs removed and says he is ready to go right now. He never had injury problems before this either.

Agreed on Hart. Draft Wynn and Ragnow/Price and the work will be done. Mellow

Didn't they pick up Hart before the coaching changes happened?  Either way, I agree with you, I'm doubtful of him actually making the final roster.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2018, 02:56 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Didn't they pick up Hart before the coaching changes happened?  Either way, I agree with you, I'm doubtful of him actually making the final roster.

Pretty sure it was after.

I think a rookie like Jamarco Jones, Tyrell Crosby, Alex Cappa or Orlando Brown could easily beat Hart out from what i have seen of him.

Fisher too. Just a depth pickup at best.
Reply/Quote
5-10-1

Giggles gets a raise.
Reply/Quote
Can't help feeling that our chances of winning a playoff would be greatly enhanced if we had a genuinely dominant OL that we could run behind.

I think if the line gels, we could win 9 games this year, if not more.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2018, 10:51 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Not so fast, my friend.  We haven't even seen these guys suit up for practice, yet.  Glenn had ankle surgery, Hart was a complete flop with the Giants, and the Center is yet to even be on the team.

That's fair, Sunset.

My level of optimism has elevated considerably since these guys were acquired; however.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2018, 03:38 PM)dnkw Wrote: Can't help feeling that our chances of winning a playoff would be greatly enhanced if we had a genuinely dominant OL that we could run behind.

I think if the line gels, we could win 9 games this year, if not more.

I mean, we won 7 games last year behind the worst run blocking O-line in the league.

Not far fetched for us to win 9+ behind a good run blocking O-line.

(03-31-2018, 03:59 PM)XsandOs Wrote: That's fair, Sunset.

My level of optimism has elevated considerably since these guys were acquired; however.

Pollack could coach Hart up to being decent, Glenn is already way more than decent.

Getting Pollack and Glenn should elevate even the most negative Bengal fan's optimism.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2018, 04:07 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I mean, we won 7 games last year behind the worst run blocking O-line in the league.

Not far fetched for us to win 9+ behind a good run blocking O-line.

I temper my expectations between somewhat optimistic to ragingly so. 

I think it'll take time for all the new coaches to bed in, but I like all the staff additions and think we could be on the cusp of something really good.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2018, 04:19 PM)dnkw Wrote: I temper my expectations between somewhat optimistic to ragingly so. 

I think it'll take time for all the new coaches to bed in, but I like all the staff additions and think we could be on the cusp of something really good.

Agreed, the only question in my eyes is how long it will take for the new players and coaches to gel.

Once they do, this team will be tough. Just need Ragnow or Price to solidify the middle.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2018, 02:25 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You act like we are the Stains or something man, we still win 7 games in a terrible season.
Which team is the Stains ?   I'm guessing Browns because Steelers and Saints were way much better than Bengals in 2017.  Now 0-16 was underwear with a huge Brown stain. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2018, 02:47 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Are you saying that is me GF?

I absolutely am not! I just asked your mom if you can come out and play she said you can if you want! LOL

My comment was geared towards the people that has a positive outlook no matter what and then when someone has the opposing view always comes back with the classic, "Well go and find another team then" or "You shouldn't be here if you feel that way"
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2018, 04:36 PM)kevin Wrote: Which team is the Stains ?   I'm guessing Browns because Steelers and Saints were way much better than Bengals in 2017.  Now 0-16 was underwear with a huge Brown stain. 

Yeah, those 0-16 Stains.

(03-31-2018, 05:46 PM)GodFather Wrote: I absolutely am not! I just asked your mom if you can come out and play she said you can if you want! LOL

My comment was geared towards the people that has a positive outlook no matter what and then when someone has the opposing view always comes back with the classic, "Well go and find another team then" or "You shouldn't be here if you feel that way"

Cool brother, thought so.
Reply/Quote