Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(Preseason Week 1) ***Bengals @ Chiefs - GameDay Thread***
I feel more confident with the rookie quarterback that I deal with Jeff to be honest. But then again it's against 3rd and 4th stringers and Jeff has looked good in the preseason in the past.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Finely isn't looking horrible, so there's that
Reply/Quote
People screamed at me for lamenting the hire of Capt. Lou.

This ain’t the Merchant Marines.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
The special teams muffs have coughed up 14. I'm not concerned really.

I will hold my judgement until game 3 of the pre season
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2019, 11:40 PM)Joelist Wrote: And they pretty much were all on defense. Lou should be put on notice that preseason or not another performance out of the D like this and he's gone.

ZT - Lou...you'd better shape up or we're going to be forced to fire you and hire our 13th choice for DC!
Mike Brown - Actually, my great nephew is pretty good at electronic football...let me find the nearest rotary phone and see if he is free for this season.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2019, 11:38 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I'm not worried about Simmons.  He will clean it up.  

Oh yes, that's one thing I'm not to worried about.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2019, 11:41 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: People screamed at me for lamenting the hire of Capt. Lou.

This ain’t the Merchant Marines.

They screamed at you?  In person, or in all caps on the internet?  Anyway, it's too soon to tell, and you can't tell from preseason.  
Reply/Quote
I have to keep listening to that *** damn Braves chant.

It's almost as annoying as the Oklahoma "Boomer Sooner Only Band"
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2019, 11:45 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: They screamed at you?  In person, or in all caps on the internet?  Anyway, it's too soon to tell, and you can't tell from preseason.  

I'm declaring him the Zampese of the defense until I'm shown otherwise.  Something about being a Bengals fan for the past 30 years has crushed my optimism bone into a fine powder.
Reply/Quote
Impressive drive rookie.

Reply/Quote
(08-10-2019, 11:40 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I think the first real game of the season will be his real debut.  This is just preseason.

True Bonnie, but  a team coming off a number losing seasons can lose themselves quickly in preseason. Winning is not as important as playing good fundamental football. This has been ugly, turnovers, penalties and poor blocking and tackling. They were manhandled other than the 1st team offense.

I want to see how they respond in the 4th quarter of this game and then next week's game. Again, way to early to overreact, but this team has stuggled the past 3 years, I saw nothing tonight (other than AD and 1st drive) to give me confidence this team will be better.

Good news is Finley looks like a NFL QB thus far which is promising since Driskel does not.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Finley's lookin pretty good guys.
Reply/Quote
The rookie quarterback ball placement is spot-on
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(08-10-2019, 11:47 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Finley's lookin pretty good guys.

Let me be the first to say he should be the starter.
Reply/Quote
Finley looking pretty dam good!
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
He looks like he belongs in that the game is not too big for him and I like his pocket awareness
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(08-10-2019, 11:46 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm declaring him the Zampese of the defense until I'm shown otherwise.  Something about being a Bengals fan for the past 30 years has crushed my optimism bone into a fine powder.

I've been a Bengals fan for over 30 years too so I get it  But there's always the chance we may be pleasantly surprised.  Got to happen sometime.
Reply/Quote
Finley looks good?

Finley looks good.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
Decent scrub drive. Finley is immediately better than Driskell simply by dint of having at least SOME touch on his passes.
Reply/Quote
Ryan Finley 12/13 100 1 0

I'm sold!
Reply/Quote