Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
President and First Lady test POSITIVE!
(10-02-2020, 10:28 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I wasn't complaining.

So you enjoy paying huge amounts?
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2020, 10:33 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: If the "stop resisting" was for me, I'm not resisting.  I wear a mask where I am supposed to.

Im just repeating a tired and misguided line, so no.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2020, 10:08 AM)GMDino Wrote: That's not hatred to me.  That is completely not caring at all about them because they don't deserve the effort.

You have entered the fake news zone where normal definitions do not apply and you’re free to make up your own facts without supporting evidence or even in spite of evidence to the contrary.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2020, 10:27 AM)hollodero Wrote: I don't like Trump, I think he is a horrible person and president all around. I don't wish for him to die. Similar to Bolsonaro's case, I can not deny a hint of schadenfreude though. That is based on the fact that he recklessly downplayed the threat for months and by that imho endangered many many lifes. For his own perceived benefit.
Maybe he won't do so any longer, that would be a positive coming out of the positive. But I do wish him a speedy recovery.

I don't necessarily disagree, but I also understand there were a lot of people saying a lot of different things about Covid at the time.  I was not privy to the info he was getting daily, but based on the early news reporting the info on Covid was all over the place.  I'm not trying to defend him, I just think it is a more complex issue than people are willing to believe.

Hindsight is always 20/20.

Honestly, I very much dislike Trump's personality.  I voted for him for no other reason than his policies.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2020, 10:41 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I don't necessarily disagree, but I also understand there were a lot of people saying a lot of different things about Covid at the time.  I was not privy to the info he was getting daily, but based on the early news reporting the info on Covid was all over the place.  I'm not trying to defend him, I just think it is a more complex issue than people are willing to believe.

Honestly, I very much dislike Trump's personality.  I voted for him for no other reason than his policies.

We didn't know everything about covid but we knew it wasn't a liberal conspiracy to upend the president of a single (albeit important) country on the planet. 

I know you don't like Trump as a person, but his willful and self-promoting lies about covid are beyond the normal frame of "not good."
Reply/Quote
I think this could be bad for Biden, hear me out. A lot of Biden’s support is just from people that are against Trump. If Trump ends up having a very bad case, i.e. incapacitated and unable to perform his duties, up to and possibly death, then Pence would actually end up running against Biden. All those Republican never Trumpers that are supporting Biden would immediately switch back to voting Republican. A big enough portion of the resisters that just want to vote against Trump end up staying home due to lack of motivation.

Trump getting Covid could be the best thing to happen for the Republicans chances at winning the Presidency.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2020, 10:35 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: So you enjoy paying huge amounts?

I don't pay huge amounts, but if I were rich, there are private Doctors out there that I could choose to go to who do charge a lot.  Home visits from Doctors would be an option also, if you have significant means.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2020, 10:31 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: You mean like the millions of babies you hate that get dismembered and sucked out with a vacuum while fighting for their life?

What of the billions of miscarriages God is responsible for?
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2020, 10:41 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I voted for him for no other reason than his policies.

It was his policy to endanger the American public by lying to them about the threat of this virus.  Why do you support this?

And don't try to squirm out of this by saying "the information was all over the place".  We have recordings of him admitting that he knew how ndangerous it was when he lied to the American people.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2020, 10:41 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I don't necessarily disagree, but I also understand there were a lot of people saying a lot of different things about Covid at the time.  I was not privy to the info he was getting daily, but based on the early news reporting the info on Covid was all over the place.  I'm not trying to defend him, I just think it is a more complex issue than people are willing to believe.

I have to say, maybe in the beginning there was confusion and contradictory messages around the medical expert's, but that vanished pretty soon. Pretty much all of them, in the US and all around the world, agreed that wearing masks and social distancing are effective tools to slow the spread down. At that point, I can not quite excuse a president who mocks wearing masks, encourages protests against social distancing measures, holds potential super spreader events, recommends sham medications and demonstrably lies about the threat. He is on Woodward's tapes admitting he knows how dangerous it is and that he is deliberately playing it down. The hindsight "defense" (for lack of a better word) does not quite work for me in instances like these. He knew better all along.

(10-02-2020, 10:41 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Honestly, I very much dislike Trump's personality.  I voted for him for no other reason than his policies.

I get it. I'm happy you don't feel the need to also glorify him.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2020, 10:08 AM)GMDino Wrote: That's not hatred to me.  That is completely not caring at all about them because they don't deserve the effort.

But you do hate him, and that is fine if you don’t let it tear your insides out, but it seems a lot of people are obsessed with this hatred. It can’t be healthy.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2020, 10:51 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I don't pay huge amounts, but if I were rich, there are private Doctors out their that I could choose to go to who do charge a lot.  Home visits from Doctors would be an option also, if you have significant means.

What’s preventing you from seeing those doctors now?
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2020, 09:52 AM)Big Boss Wrote: Just so I understand the sequence of events.

Trump bombs in the first presidential debate > audio leaks of Melania bitching about Christmas decorations and children in cages > both of them have COVID-19 and have to postpone all upcoming activities.

Interesting timing.

What are you talking about? Trump clearly won the debate. He said so himself!
Reply/Quote

Most of the confusion was sowed by the Trump administration.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2020, 10:54 AM)fredtoast Wrote: It was his policy to endanger the American public by lying to them about the threat of this virus.  Why do you support this?

And don't try to squirm out of this by saying "the information was all over the place".  We have recordings of him admitting that he knew how ndangerous it was when he lied to the American people.

Eh....Biden called Trump xenophobic for stopping flights two months worth.  He even called a news conference to change his stance.  Funny how people remember the timeline differently.  Don't you remember that Trump stopping flights was an act against certain people.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2020, 10:52 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: What of the billions of miscarriages God is responsible for?

what?  Miscarriages?  God?  

I said Doctors willfully dismembering and vacuuming out babies on purpose.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2020, 10:56 AM)michaelsean Wrote: But you do hate him, and that is fine if you don’t let it tear your insides out, but it seems a lot of people are obsessed with this hatred. It can’t be healthy.

I don't know if you'd count me in that group, but I guess like many others my passionate rejection of this man does not stem from hating him. It mainly stems from a kind of shock he gets elected, from me considering him to be a grave threat to democracy and democratic values as a whole. Also, I think he is an uneducated moron, an instigator, a borderline (maybe not borderline) criminal, a narcissist, a perfectly indecent person, a careless misanthrope and a pathological liar. I am passionately opinionated about him as a president, as a shady real estate mogul and entertainer I don't quite care that much.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2020, 11:07 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: what?  Miscarriages?  God?  

I said Doctors willfully dismembering and vacuuming out babies on purpose.

Listen, abortion blows but you keep unleashing it on page 4 or so of multiple unrelated threads like it's  a wild card in uno.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2020, 10:54 AM)fredtoast Wrote: It was his policy to endanger the American public by lying to them about the threat of this virus.  Why do you support this?

Not trying to defend or squirm.  lol.

Do you know if he was also getting different info at the same time?  No, you don't.  My point is not to defend Trump, but look at this reasonably.  You have no idea what info was being provided to him before and after the interview.  There was lots of different info in the news at that time.  One day we needed masks the next day we didn't.  Shutdown, don't shutdown.  Will go away like the flu, will not go away like the flu.  No one knew for sure.  I just believe there is more context than a phone call that we will never know about.  I would say the same no matter who is Prez.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2020, 11:06 AM)Goalpost Wrote: Eh....Biden called Trump xenophobic for stopping flights two months worth.  He even called a news conference to change his stance.  Funny how people remember the timeline differently.  Don't you remember that Trump stopping flights was an act against certain people.

I don't think that is quite accurate. Yeah Biden called him xenophobic, but not directly relating that to restricting air travel from China. He did talk about Trump's "record" of xenophobia, hysteria and fear-mongering that makes him unfit to lead the country through the corona crisis. The link from these comments specifically to his act of restricting air travel was made by Trump, not by Biden.

In another instance, Biden mentioned as examples for Trump's xenophobia "telling CBS News White House correspondent Weijia Jiang to “ask China” in response to a question about the coronavirus she had asked him during a press briefing at the White House, and crtizising House Speaker Nancy Pelosi for visiting Chinatown in San Francisco to help boost business there" (copied from the internetz). No specific mention of air travel restrictions there either.
Reply/Quote