Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pro Football Weekly: Bengals want Jay Gruden
http://www.profootballweekly.com/lists/2017/12/19/c3f38b56a9ff476fb417c56c9a810771/index.xml?page=1

'A source is telling Pro Football Weekly that in spite of Marvin Lewis' denials of the report he'll be leaving the Bengals coaching job after the season, Bengals owner Mike Brown and company have been aware of the situation for weeks now and — contrary to other reports that have Brown possibly targeting Browns head coach Hue Jackson — we hear the guy he'd love to bring back is Gruden.

Our sources are telling us that even if Gruden isn't let go, the Bengals think highly enough of him that they might consider approaching Washington about a deal. Right now the Bengals are in wait-and-watch mode to see what Snyder's next move will be.'
Reply/Quote
I'm down with Jay Gruden... I really am they have done well in DC dispite the injuries and contract mess..

He knows Dalton and AJ well. 

We get to see more of John.

If he doesn't get fired can always offer a trade for him.   Heck then we will get the fun of figuring out if Cousins follows him and Dalton gets traded or how all that works out and the threads and threads of speculation

as long as he at least considers and interviews willie Anderson for OL coach
Reply/Quote
Yep, would welcome Gruden back.
Reply/Quote
I would take him back, but I am not giving up any draft picks to get him. Hell, no. I think he is a really good coach, but he is 100% offensive. No defensive background.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Wouldn’t be my first choice but we could do a lot worse. I could certainly get on board with him coming back.
Reply/Quote
He's the best/most likely next HC for the Bengals. Cross your fingers, cause Jay will be as good as it gets IF we get him.
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't hate it. I like him better than hue or anyone on this staff at least.

Plus I get the feeling he'd much rather work with Dalton over cousins
Reply/Quote
I didn't like him as a coordinator but I think he is a good head coach. Also don't see the Redskins giving up on him and I don't think he would want to come here anyways.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I'd welcome Jay back.

1. I want an outside candidate, but he was only here 3 years, so not much stink on him.
2. Offensive minded.
3. HC experience, with some success. Turned around that mess with RGIII and had a couple winning seasons in DC.
4. Familiar with Dalton, AJ, Bernard, Eifert, etc.
5. He'd be a lot less conservative.
6. He's got some personality and charisma to him. Certainly more than Marv.
7. Bringing back a well-liked (I think) guy like Jay would be great for the morale of our players...who are surely pissed by now.
8. We were all saying we missed our opportunity letting Zimmer and Gruden walk. If we can get a redo, we should go for it.

I'd love a guy like Haley, LaFleur or Shurmur, but Jay just makes soooo much sense. Hire Jay, fire the Ivory Tickler and I'd be happy.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
on a side note dan lefevour is available
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2017, 07:05 PM)Takedown Wrote: He's the best/most likely next HC for the Bengals. Cross your fingers, cause Jay will be as good as it gets IF we get him.

So much truth. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2017, 07:07 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: I didn't like him as a coordinator but I think he is a good head coach. Also don't see the Redskins giving up on him and I don't think he would want to come here anyways.

That would be the question:  even if he is available, and even if we do want him, does he want to work again for this old fool?  I know, only 32 jobs in the world yada yada.  But Jay knows how Mike works.  Would he be desperate/forgetful enough to take on this palace of miserly cronyism yet again?  Then again, maybe the chance to work with Andy and AJ would be too enticing.  

I said a few days ago that this organization might want to aim higher than Jay.  But, yeah, we could do plenty worse.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
how about jon gruden for HC and jay for OC. Bring the spotlight and energy back to Cincy.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2017, 07:34 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: That would be the question:  even if he is available, and even if we do want him, does he want to work again for this old fool?  I know, only 32 jobs in the world yada yada.  But Jay knows how Mike works.  Would he be desperate/forgetful enough to take on this palace of miserly cronyism yet again?  Then again, maybe the chance to work with Andy and AJ would be too enticing.  

I said a few days ago that this organization might want to aim higher than Jay.  But, yeah, we could do plenty worse.

I mean, he did just work 4 years for Dan Snyder, whose reputation is about as bad as Mike's.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2017, 07:45 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I mean, he did just work 4 years for Dan Snyder, whose reputation is about as bad as Mike's.

Yeah, Snyder's no prize, but Mike has his own dedicated wing in the Shitty NFL Owner HOF.  Neither would be a joy to work for, let's put it that way.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2017, 07:39 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: how about jon gruden for HC and jay for OC. Bring the spotlight and energy back to Cincy.

Don't forget about the Deuce. Ninja

[Image: DIRCGrZVwAAjPCr.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Do we not remember his terrible play calling the season before he left? It was Bratkowski esque Run Run Pass Punt.
[Image: sig_zpsweeg0dtn.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Gruden would be okay but he hasn't done much to impress me.

He's still a Marvin guy just like Guenther. He had 1 job in the pros prior to his current and it was here.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2017, 07:45 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I mean, he did just work 4 years for Dan Snyder, whose reputation is about as bad as Mike's.

^This.  It means a lot that Jay has worked for arguably the worst two owners in Pro football.  We can only hope that he has a desire to come back to Cincinnati.  Despite the Dan Snyder woes that come with the Redskins' job, Jay has now coached for a major market team, in one of the NFL's most popular divisions.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Ran a "meh" offense while he was here?
Only 1 winning season in 4 years in DC?
Went 27-35 in those 4 years?
Went 0-1 in the postseason?
Challenged 21 plays and only won 8 of them?

Sounds like a prime Bengals HC candidate.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote