Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Protests erupt in Charlotte after police kill man; 12 officers hurt
(09-21-2016, 10:08 PM)GMDino Wrote: But he wasn't a suspect.  He was a guy who got out of his car holding a gun.

And did they approach him with their weapons drawn?  If so...why?

He doesn't need to be a suspect, he exited a vehicle, with a visible weapon, while police activity was going on.  It is their job to notice him, for all they knew, he could have been there to aid and abet the warrant suspect.  The rule is, obey the officer.  Let them sort out their business, if you are in the right, you get to go about your business.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(09-21-2016, 10:25 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: He doesn't need to be a suspect, he exited a vehicle, with a visible weapon, while police activity was going on.  It is their job to notice him, for all they knew, he could have been there to aid and abet the warrant suspect.  The rule is, obey the officer.  Let them sort out their business, if you are in the right, you get to go about your business.

And I'm not even saying they can't and he shouldn't...just questions I have.

Although we've also seen that obeying the officer can get you shot too.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(09-21-2016, 09:48 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If you forget something on your way to work do you call all of your friends and tell them or do you just turn around and go back to get it?

If you don't tell all of your friends does that mean you are "burning the evidence"?  Does it mean people should question your honesty?

You had an entire post deleted because you made basic legal errors in it.  You didn't edit it, you didn't own your mistake you had the whole post deleted.  The only reason you even acknowledge it is because you got caught.  So yes, I question your honesty.
(09-21-2016, 04:48 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So police have never dropped a pant gun to cover up for shooting an unarmed man?

It is all just the imagination of nut jobs like Alex Jones?

Your attitude about all of this is a perfect example of why police have such a bad reputation in many communities.

There are reports that the police also planted an ankle holster in this case as well. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Could we cut the dang personal attacks?  

If you have nothing to contribute (either questions or answers) about the topic find another place to have a pissing contest and show the world who has a bigger hammer.

I get tired of threads getting locked because two or three people can't stop talking about each other rather than with each other.

Yes, I am aware this is also off topic.   Whatever
(09-21-2016, 06:00 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Wow, A LEO who claims he has never heard of the CRASH Unit and the Rampart investigation.  You guys really do need more training.

Then there is this one.....http://usuncut.com/black-lives-matter/7492/  Newly released footage has shed a troubling new light on a 2011 police shooting in St. Louis, showing an officer gun down a black suspect and then planting a gun on the crime scene.

and this one....http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3367933/Shocking-video-shows-cops-planting-gun-shooting-handcuffed-man-23-dead-execution.html

and this one...https://thinkprogress.org/officer-will-be-charged-with-murder-after-video-shows-him-killing-black-man-who-was-fleeing-e2e2758e55a6#.c3ixttikh

But clearly anyone who believes an officer would drop a gun is just an Alex Jones nutjob. Rolleyes

Why don't your links work?  Also, could you find more than three?  We are talking about the whole internet here.  Do us all a favor as well, tell us how many years do your three instances span?  Lastly, I love how you blatantly generalize, you do it so often I don't think you even realize you do it.
(09-21-2016, 10:36 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Why don't your links work?  Also, could you find more than three?  We are talking about the whole internet here.  Do us all a favor as well, tell us how many years do your three instances span?  Lastly, I love how you blatantly generalize, you do it so often I don't think you even realize you do it.

Mellow

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3367933/Shocking-video-shows-cops-planting-gun-shooting-handcuffed-man-23-dead-execution.html

Quote:Shocking video appears to 'capture cops shooting dead an unarmed and handcuffed man, 23, then planting a gun beside him'
  • Noel Aguilar killed by L.A. deputies Albert Murad and Jose Ruiz in 2014
  • The 23-year-old had been pulled over while riding his bike in Long Beach
  • Cellphone footage shows officers grappling with Aguilar on the ground
  • Deputies then shot the suspect three times in the back while handcuffed
  • Police say Aguilar had been reaching for one of the deputies' weapons
  • But family lawyers say footage is 'clear evidence of an execution, a murder'
By HANNAH PARRY FOR DAILYMAIL.COM[/url]
PUBLISHED: 13:59 EST, 20 December 2015 UPDATED: 12:17 EST, 21 December 2015

Graphic new cellphone video has emerged which appears to show cops shooting dead a 23-year-old cyclist as he lay handcuffed on the ground.
Noel Aguilar was killed by Los Angeles County deputies Albert Murad and Jose Ruiz in 2014 who claimed that they shot him after he tried to grab one of their guns. They also alleged Aguilar had a loaded weapon.
Now footage of the incident, dropped off anonymously at the attorney's office for the suspect's family, appears to show the two officers shooting Aguilar while he was lying face down on the ground with his hands cuffed behind him. 
Scroll down for video 
[Image: 2F8895F300000578-3367933-image-a-38_1450634952779.jpg]

+6

Graphic new cellphone video has emerged showing cops shooting dead a 23-year-old cyclist as he lay handcuffed on the ground (pictured) 

[url=http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3367854/LAPD-shoot-dead-26-year-old-suspect-INSIDE-emergency-room-treated-injuries.html][Image: 2F87585400000578-0-image-m-29_1450626805103.jpg]LAPD shoot dead 26-year-old suspect INSIDE emergency room...

[Image: 2F79017300000578-0-image-a-5_1450403510877.jpg]'The a**hole used my gun in the shooting': California...

The lawyer, who has filed a suit against the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department and the two deputies, has now released the video to the public.
[Image: 2F88BAAF00000578-3367933-image-a-33_1450634705457.jpg]

+6

Noel Aguilar was killed by Los Angeles County deputies last year
The incident began in May 2014, when deputies Murad and Ruizi pulled over Aguilar, who was riding a bicycle. It is not clear why they decided to stop the cyclist.
Aguilar tried to flee from the officers who caught up with the 23 year old and pinned him to the floor in Long Beach.

Cellphone footage then shows the two deputies grappling with the suspect on the ground before one warns the young man that if he moves, 'I'm going to kill you.'
Sheriff's officials say Aguilar reached for one of the deputies' guns although this is not clear in the video.
The next moment, one of the officers complained 'I've been shot.'
It was later discovered that the officer was shot with his partner's gun. 
Aguilar is heard insisting that he had not shot anyone and asks to know why one of the officers was pulling a gun on him.
The deputy who had been shot in the abdomen then shot the suspect three times in his back as he lay on the ground.
Guizar condemned the police's actions as an 'execution'.
The attorney said that not had the officers shot Aguilar, but they continued to restrain him with one officer 'putting all his weight on top of him' while waiting for paramedics to arrive.
[Image: 2F88962A00000578-3367933-image-a-35_1450634733150.jpg]

+6

Deputies Albert Murad and Jose Ruiz claimed that they shot the suspect after he tried to grab one of their guns 
[Image: 2F8895FD00000578-3367933-Cellphone_foota...424879.jpg]

+6

Cellphone footage then shows the two deputies grappling with the suspect on the ground before one warns the young man that if he moves, 'I'm going to kill you'
[Image: 2F8895D100000578-3367933-image-m-53_1450637442463.jpg]

+6

Sheriff's officials say Aguilar reached for one of the deputies' guns although this is not clear in the video 
The department's Internal Affairs Bureau has now completed its investigation into the shooting.
Findings will be presented to the Executive Force Review Committee in January which will decide if the incident breached any laws or police policies.
Both Murad and Ruizi have already returned to field duty. 
Aguilar's devastated fiance Mary Herrera was pregnant with Aguilar's now one-year-old daughter when he was killed.
She told NBC her fiance had not been resisting arrest or posing a threat when he was shot.
'It just breaks my heart to see that and one day my daughter is going to have to see that,' Herrera added. 

[Image: 2F8895EF00000578-3367933-image-m-54_1450637492450.jpg]

+6

The deputy who had been shot in the abdomen during the struggle then shot the suspect three times in his back as he lay on the ground 

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3367933/Shocking-video-shows-cops-planting-gun-shooting-handcuffed-man-23-dead-execution.html#ixzz4Kwd0ecvA 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
(09-21-2016, 10:36 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Why don't your links work?  Also, could you find more than three?  We are talking about the whole internet here.  Do us all a favor as well, tell us how many years do your three instances span?  Lastly, I love how you blatantly generalize, you do it so often I don't think you even realize you do it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3367933/Shocking-video-shows-cops-planting-gun-shooting-handcuffed-man-23-dead-execution.html

St. Louis cop caught on film planting a gun on a man he just killed
Nathan Wellman | September 21, 2016

SHARES

FacebookTwitter

[/url]
Quote:[url=http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/new-videos-provide-fresh-look-at-st-louis-police-killing/article_e0530fba-5db7-500e-9b31-3dd4512fe5bc.html]Newly released footage has shed a troubling new light on a 2011 police shooting in St. Louis, showing an officer gun down a black suspect and then planting a gun on the crime scene.
Officer Jason Stockley and his partner Brian Bianchi had engaged drug suspect Anthony Lamar Smith in a high speed chase. Stockley can be heard saying “I’m going to kill this ************.”
The police rammed Smith off the road, and camera footage shows Stockley shooting five shots into the driver’s seat of Smith’s disabled car.
New footage now reveals Stockley taking a gun out of a duffel back from the back of his own cruiser and planting it on Smith’s body. Stockley claimed in his report that Smith had pointed the weapon at him, justifying the use of lethal force.
Subsequent DNA evidence on the gun, however, did not contain any DNA or fingerprints from Smith.
Stockley will be tried for first degree murder. One of his initial hearings takes place on Oct. 3rd.
Footage of the killing can be found here:

https://thinkprogress.org/officer-will-be-charged-with-murder-after-video-shows-him-killing-black-man-who-was-fleeing-e2e2758e55a6#.c3ixttikh

Quote:[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]A North Charleston officer who previously claimed he shot and killed a suspect in self-defense now faces murder charges, as a newly-surfaced videoshows 50-year-old Walter Larner Scott running away from Patrolman Michael Thomas Slager.[/color]

[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]Last Saturday, Scott was pulled over for a broken traffic light in West Ashley, South Carolina. According to Slager, Scott attempted to flee the scene before trying to reach for the officer’s Taser. Feeling threatened, Slager deployed his weapon. But a video recorded and submitted by an unnamed bystander, actually shows Scott running away from Slager when eight shots are fired in his direction. Slager repeatedly yells at Scott, who’s laying on the ground, to put his hands behind his back, before handcuffing him.[/color]
[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)][Warning: GRAPHIC][/color]

[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]On Tuesday, the town’s City Council was informed that Slager will be relieved of his duties in the near future. Mayor Keith Summey confirmed Slager will also be charged with murder.[/color]
[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]Although cops are rarely indicted for the use of deadly force, even if they’re caught on film, another South Carolina police officer — in that case, a small town police chief — was indicted for shooting an unarmed black man, late last year.[/color]
[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]Update:[/color]
[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]The video appears to show the officer planting a weapon on the victim.[/color]

I'd also add that there might be more evidence of incidents in more recent years as video technology has improved and spread.
Got it, three times equals common occurrence.
What does anyone suppose would happen, should say 5K white rednecks showed up and acted aggressively, shouting things like "criminal lives don't matter", or "respect the law"?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23

I could find a lot more than three if I wanted to.  Inn fact the Rampart Investigation that you are completely ignorant of involves multiple incidents.

But I have already proven that it happens.  That is all i had to do.  It proves how little you know about police corruption.  Amazing that a LEO knows so little about this.  Or maybe you are just one of those police officers who blatantly lies in order to make police look better.  Just impossible to tell if you are ignorant or a liar.
(09-21-2016, 11:08 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What does anyone suppose would happen, should say 5K white rednecks showed up and acted aggressively, shouting things like "criminal lives don't matter", or "respect the law"?

Let them camp out on federal land for a couple of weeks?
(09-21-2016, 04:53 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I can absolutely guarantee no LEO has ever dropped a pant gun at a scene.

Mellow

(09-21-2016, 11:04 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Got it, three times equals common occurrence.

Oh, you were joking because of the miss-typed words.   Mellow
(09-21-2016, 11:10 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I could find a lot more than three if I wanted to.

Please "want to" then. 

Quote:Inn fact the Rampart Investigation that you are completely ignorant of involves multiple incidents.

What is Rampart?  I live in Los Angeles so I have no knowledge of this.

Quote:But I have already proven that it happens.  That is all i had to do.  It proves how little you know about police corruption.  Amazing that a LEO knows so little about this.  Or maybe you are just one of those police officers who blatantly lies in order to make police look better.  Just impossible to tell if you are ignorant or a liar.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, it happens!  Your point was that it's actually happened?  See, the way you stated your point it came across as you intimating that it is a not uncommon occurrence.  Maybe you should be more clear in the future?  Now please excuse me, I need to go gaze upon Haley's Comet, it appears in the sky.  Trust me, it happens.
(09-21-2016, 11:15 PM)GMDino Wrote: Mellow

Oh, you were joking because of the miss-typed words.   Mellow

No, I was actually sincerely asking why his links didn't work.
(09-21-2016, 10:36 PM)GMDino Wrote: Could we cut the dang personal attacks?  

If you have nothing to contribute (either questions or answers) about the topic find another place to have a pissing contest and show the world who has a bigger hammer.

I get tired of threads getting locked because two or three people can't stop talking about each other rather than with each other.

Yes, I am aware this is also off topic.   Whatever

I was told you guys had a pow-pow while I was on paid administrative leave and everything is peaches and cream kumbaya now.  Or was that just more hipocracy?   
(09-21-2016, 11:08 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What does anyone suppose would happen, should say 5K white rednecks showed up and acted aggressively, shouting things like "criminal lives don't matter", or "respect the law"?

Or if they had a shoot out and the cops showed up.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/18/opinions/kohn-biker-shooting-waco/

Quote:On Sunday, just after news broke of a shootout in Waco, Texas, involving "rival biker gangs" as The New York Times alert phrased it, the political activist Shaun King wrote on Twitter:

"I'll wait (and wait and wait and wait) to hear someone on the news call what just happened in Waco 'white on white' violence."

When reporter Matt Pearce of the Los Angeles Times responded, "do we even know the race of the bikers yet?" activist Deray Mckesson tweeted:
"If they were black gangs, we'd certainly know by now. That's the point. Waco."

One of the most distinct characteristics of white privilege is the privilege to be unique. When white people commit violent acts, they are treated as aberrations, slips described with adjectives that show they are unusual and in no way representative of the broader racial group to which they belong.

In fact, in much of the coverage of the Waco shootings, the race of the gang members isn't even mentioned, although pictures of the aftermath show groups of white bikers being held by police. By comparison, the day after Freddie Gray died in the custody of police officers in Baltimore, not only did most coverage mention that Gray was black, but also included a quote from the deputy police commissioner noting Gray was arrested in "a high-crime area known to have high narcotic incidents," implicitly smearing Gray and the entire community.

How did press reports quote the police in Waco? "We've been made aware in the past few months of rival biker gangs ... being here and causing issues," Waco police Sgt. W. Patrick Swanton said. Causing issues? Cops were reportedly so worried about the bikers gathering in the Waco strip mall that they had 12 officers as well as officers from the Texas Department of Public Safety stationed outside the restaurant.

Now there's word that the biker gangs have issued repeated threats against the police in the aftermath of the Waco "melee" as The New York Times headline called it. During the uprisings in Baltimore, I saw a flurry of tweets about black people disrespecting property and throwing rocks at police. Now that these biker gangs have issued actual death threats, why am I not now seeing tons of Twitter posts about white people disrespecting the lives of police?
(09-21-2016, 11:15 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Let them camp out on federal land for a couple of weeks?

You're right, bad form for my knee-jerk comment.  What I really mean is that in the 1960s, approximately 20% of black children were born to single mothers, today it is over 70%.  Perhaps the government should be helping to instruct these folks on how to raise the children they create, and maybe they might learn some respect for authority in the process.  People can blame it on economic conditions, poor schools, etc. all that they want to.  But, the simple fact remains that if the Black family unit were to see a resurgence, crime and ignorance would seriously decrease.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(09-21-2016, 11:16 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: What is Rampart?  I live in Los Angeles so I have no knowledge of this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rampart_scandal

That is pretty funny considering it occurred in Los Angeles

The LAPD Rampart scandal refers to widespread corruption in the Community Resources Against Street Hoodlums (CRASH) anti-gangunit of the Los Angeles Police Department's Rampart Division in the late 1990s. More than 70 police officers either assigned to or associated with the Rampart CRASH unit were implicated in some form of misconduct, making it one of the most widespread cases of documented police corruption in United States history, responsible for a long list of offenses including unprovoked shootings, unprovoked beatings, planting of false evidenceframeupsstealing and dealing narcoticsbank robberyperjury, and the covering up of evidence of these activities.[1][2]