• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Punting game

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Matt Araiza hasn't been charged with anything yet,,,,
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
So I was under the assumption that Chrisman has a big leg. Is that correct?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2022, 08:27 PM)pally Wrote:

Something that’s been building for a long time? Yeah it’s called age. He’s made it a lot longer than many.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2022, 08:34 PM)michaelsean Wrote: So I was under the assumption that Chrisman has a big leg. Is that correct?

It's a small sample size but his punt distance in preseason (49.6) would be tied for 7th best in the league current. Huber is 2nd to last. 
Reply/Quote
Huber should step down and let the younger guy punt the rest of the season. He can mentor and still be a part of the team.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
I'm sure the team could find a way to put Huber on IR with a wink and a handshake. Looks better for him rather than the team cutting him, and after so many years and with his ties to the city/area he deserves it. It's just that the Bengals deserve a competent punter as well.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2022, 08:39 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Huber should step down and let the younger guy punt the rest of the season. He can mentor and still be a part of the team.

And Chrisman has worked on his placeholding for two seasons now. Simmons said during preseason, during the dual between Huber and Chrisman, that Chrisman had greatly improved in that area since last year to the point that he caught up with Huber in place holding. At any rate, now that McPherson has missed a couple of extra points and some makeable field goals, I don't think there will be the same comparison pressure that there would have been when McPherson was automatic.
Reply/Quote
He can't be worse, Evan's missing FGs anyway
Reply/Quote
I think the writing is clearly on the wall. Huber won’t be around for the Steelers game
Reply/Quote
The only concern with Chrisman is inside the 20 yard line, he needs more touch i think.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Huber has had a great career until recently, but age catches up to us all and he seems to have hit the wall.

Time to see if Crisman is the future or if we need to seek one in the draft. Hopefully he seizes the job and has a long career like Huber.

No hard feelings toward Huber and would like to thank him for his services and wish him well.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2022, 05:42 PM)Nepa Wrote: Sweet music to my ears. Glad they're at least considering moving on from Huber in spite of his long history with the club. Frustrating watching other teams pinning teams down inside the five or at least dramatically changing field position while the Bengals have been one of the worst in the league at the punting game.

Well don't get too excited, Huber is better than Chrisman at dropping it inside the 10.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2022, 06:21 PM)QueenCity Wrote: How good is Dru? Will this be a significant improvement... or should we be looking for another Punter in the draft

Dru has a bigger leg than Huber at this point, but he is not as surgical placing it, which is why Huber beat him out in camp.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2022, 08:08 PM)TheFan Wrote: In the preseason this year Chrisman average 49.6 yards per punt with 7 attempts. He had a long of 65. 

Huber averaged 43.6 per in the preseason on 5 attempts with a long of 50.

Those numbers mean nothing. Someone consistently punting from deep inside their own field of play is going to have bigger numbers than someone punting from the 50. You have to know where they punted from.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2022, 08:35 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Something that’s been building for a long time?  Yeah it’s called age. He’s made it a lot longer than many.

He was taking injections in his pelvis last season. That was the beginning of the end....
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2022, 10:37 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Those numbers mean nothing. Someone consistently punting from deep inside their own field of play is going to have bigger numbers than someone punting from the 50. You have to know where they punted from.

Huber is no longer surgical at placing the ball and that's a big part of what Simmons was talking about in addition to his leg being done. Huber is tied for 5th worst for punts within the 20.

So which is it? Because it certainly can't be both. This is punting average on the entire year. I highly doubt Huber is somehow the only one punting from spots that bring down his average. 
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2022, 10:43 AM)TheFan Wrote: Huber is no longer surgical at placing the ball and that's a big part of what Simmons was talking about in addition to his leg being done. Huber is tied for 5th worst for punts within the 20.

So which is it? Because it certainly can't be both. This is punting average on the entire year. I highly doubt Huber is somehow the only one punting from spots that bring down his average. 

I'm not saying he is not on the decline and not as good as he was. All I'm pointing out is why Huber won the job in camp. Chrisman had the bigger leg, Huber had the better touch.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2022, 10:47 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I'm not saying he is not on the decline and not as good as he was. All I'm pointing out is why Huber won the job in camp. Chrisman had the bigger leg, Huber had the better touch.

Agreed. In camp he was definitely they more accurate punter. Unfortunately that part has not carried over to the regular season. So through 9 games there's almost no way Chrisman can be worse unless he starts getting his punts blocked all the time or something. 
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2022, 10:47 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I'm not saying he is not on the decline and not as good as he was. All I'm pointing out is why Huber won the job in camp. Chrisman had the bigger leg, Huber had the better touch.

and as the season has gone on and the leg got more and more tired, he has lost that touch which gave him the advantage.  

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote