Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Punting game
I hate it for Kevin, but I think it's time. He's been great here for so long, got his jaw broken and his neck fractured and came back for several more successful years. I agree, he should make the RoH. I thank him for his years of good play. Bengals lifer, no doubt.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2022, 10:47 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I'm not saying he is not on the decline and not as good as he was. All I'm pointing out is why Huber won the job in camp. Chrisman had the bigger leg, Huber had the better touch.

This and maybe McPhearson was more comfortable with Huber holding.

But Crisman may have been working hard at both and improved drastically. 

If not we need to know so we can go after somebody else in the off season. This is the right move and they really haven't said it is Crisman yet, although we all suspect it is him. 

Because sadly Huber is at the end of his rope and I like the guy. Had front row seats right where the defense, punters, and kickers stand for 30 years and talked with him many times, have some great pics too. He is great with the fans and the only punter I can recall where some fans even wore his jersey. Yet all good things come to an end.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2022, 10:33 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Well don't get too excited, Huber is better than Chrisman at dropping it inside the 10.

How many punts inside the 10 has Huber had this year? I couldn't find any stats on that. I doubt it is very many. He's only had 9 inside the 20, which is one of the lowest in the league.

What I do know is that Huber doesn't change field position. Against Baltimore he had a 34-yard punt from the Bengals own 16 that was decisive in the Ravens scoring. And he had a 28-yard punt from the Bengals own 42 that similarly hurt and that started off a Raven's scoring drive. He may have been one of the biggest factors in that loss. He's also had a 28-yard punt in an earlier game from the Bengals own 30.

And when he isn't shanking a 23-yarder (those happen to the best at some point), he hasn't been exactly money in terms of pinning the opposing teams down close to their goal line. He had a 33-yard punt one game this season when the Bengals were at midfield, which should have pinned them down inside the ten but never made it that far. 
Reply/Quote
maybe it won't be Chrisman.

Chrisman was getting the reps during the actual walk thru.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2022, 12:57 PM)pally Wrote: maybe it won't be Chrisman

Funny. I'm not even sure that I would want him punting as an emergency kicker since I wouldn't want McPherson making tackles or getting his jaw broken or neck fractured.
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Ryan Stonehouse, a rookie that I liked coming out of Colorado St this past draft and had mentioned a couple times in the draft forum as someone to target in Rds 6-7, is leading the league in Yards-Per-Punt at 53.0.
His final year in college, he had a 50.9 YPR average, just 0.3 less than Araiza's 51.2.

Missed opportunity scooping him up.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2022, 10:33 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Well don't get too excited, Huber is better than Chrisman at dropping it inside the 10.

How many has he dropped inside the 10 this year?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Huber needs to go, but I feel bad for him. Team didn’t do him any favors giving him the job when he looked like he lost it in preseason. Should have gone with Chrisman then. Huber could have retired. Now he’ll get cut mid season which is a lot worse if you ask me.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2022, 03:12 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: How many has he dropped inside the 10 this year?

From what I’ve seen Huber hasn’t been good at dropping it inside the 10 in 2 years minimum. He still got a lot of love for stats showing kicks inside the 20 which was overrated because a lot of those were just to the 18-19 yard line.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2022, 12:00 PM)Go Cards Wrote: This and maybe McPhearson was more comfortable with Huber holding.

But Crisman may have been working hard at both and improved drastically. 

If not we need to know so we can go after somebody else in the off season. This is the right move and they really haven't said it is Crisman yet, although we all suspect it is him. 

Because sadly Huber is at the end of his rope and I like the guy. Had front row seats right where the defense, punters, and kickers stand for 30 years and talked with him many times, have some great pics too. He is great with the fans and the only punter I can recall where some fans even wore his jersey. Yet all good things come to an end.

Ain't working out great this year 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2022, 12:57 PM)pally Wrote: maybe it won't be Chrisman.

Chrisman was getting the reps during the actual walk thru.

He should be working on kicking the ball between those yellow stick. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Much like Nugent Huber has been here too long. Father time is still undefeated.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2022, 05:59 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Ain't working out great this year 

I'm not sure how much if that is just forum talk. McPherson has definitely never said that and Simmons has denied that being a factor as well, at least for this year. 
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2022, 03:43 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Huber needs to go, but I feel bad for him. Team didn’t do him any favors giving him the job when he looked like he lost it in preseason. Should have gone with Chrisman then. Huber could have retired. Now he’ll get cut mid season which is a lot worse if you ask me.

True, which is why I thought Chrisman should of got the nod at the time as well.

(11-08-2022, 03:46 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: From what I’ve seen Huber hasn’t been good at dropping it inside the 10 in 2 years minimum. He still got a lot of love for stats showing kicks inside the 20 which was overrated because a lot of those were just to the 18-19 yard line.

Yes, Huber has been falling off for some time. Just happy Chrisman wasn't picked up off our practice squad or we would be in a
tight spot at Punter. Oh well, hope to not see much of Chrisman anyways as that would mean we aren't punting much the rest
of the season.
Reply/Quote
Punters are the ultimate scapegoats. Tend to have more influence on game outcomes as holders than as punters. I look forward to Chrisman being thrust into the role. Wink

I do wonder what happened to Huber. I've never been a punter so I don't know lol. It does seem odd that he'd lose so much juice over the course of one summer. Especially odd since he was never Reggie Roby to begin with. Just started shanking kicks on the regular.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2022, 07:02 PM)tms Wrote: Punters are the ultimate scapegoats. Tend to have more influence on game outcomes as holders than as punters. I look forward to Chrisman being thrust into the role.  Wink

I do wonder what happened to Huber. I've never been a punter so I don't know lol. It does seem odd that he'd lose so much juice over the course of one summer. Especially odd since he was never Reggie Roby to begin with. Just started shanking kicks on the regular.

I am only 40 but man, I know I couldn't kick my leg up like a Punter has to anymore...

But no excuse for shanking though.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2022, 05:59 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Ain't working out great this year 

Agree and have said this multiple times.  

But still think that's was factored in when making the decision per how great Evan was last year.  

Also said that I never felt that Browning, Pryor, or Crisman were given a fair shot at making the 53. Like Zac but have also said he needs to factor in star players opinions on who makes the roster but ultimately be the parent of the "decision making" and do what's best for the team and keep the best players.    

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2022, 03:43 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Huber needs to go, but I feel bad for him. Team didn’t do him any favors giving him the job when he looked like he lost it in preseason. Should have gone with Chrisman then. Huber could have retired. Now he’ll get cut mid season which is a lot worse if you ask me.

Except he pockets a couple more million or whatever he makes.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Let's go back to the good ole days and sign ...

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ0C9YpCmyK2ktNVuLhQ6f...w&usqp=CAU][Image: maxresdefault.jpg][Image: ueh65ttejurki78bm0hj]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote