Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Punting game
(11-14-2022, 10:53 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: If you’re questioning it this much just go with Chrisman and be done with it. The consistency might not be there just yet (not like it was with Huber either), but he has the higher upside.

Agree, as long as Chrisman isn't just shankin' shit everywhere he should be the guy from here on out.

But Huber has been doing his own shankin' anyways lol

(11-14-2022, 11:05 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Like Huber but as bad as he has been and the Simmons saying he is not happy so far. Think Crisman must be struggling at something for it to still be a competition. 

Yet it is most likely Huber's last year anyway. So think if its neck and neck then they need to see what they have in Crisman to know whether one needs to be drafted or not. 

If Huber is still winning out though, then Crisman scares me.  

I doubt this is Chrisman just sucking, I bet they are just not tipping their hands on who is getting the start from here on out.

(11-15-2022, 01:19 AM)TheFan Wrote: That's where I'm at too. Maybe they're just not wanting to say anything until actual GameDay incase he gets hurt or something. But if they don't feel more comfortable with him at this point when Huber sucked the 2nd half of last year and has been the 2nd worst punter through the first half this year, he shouldn't be wasting a practice squad spot. 

I just think they are trying to treat Huber well on his way out.

Chrisman was better in Preseason and they still went with Huber cause of loyalty I suppose.

(11-15-2022, 02:10 AM)Joelist Wrote: It will be settled by Huber and Crisman having an MMA style match under the practice bubble!

Smack
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2022, 02:10 AM)Joelist Wrote: It will be settled by Huber and Crisman having an MMA style match under the practice bubble!

Going to have to place my bet on the 25 year old Crisman then, he looks a little thicker too. 

But they should do it under the bridge and sell tickets. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
They are rotating again but Chrisman is kicking first for what that is worth. Media guys seems to think that is important

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2022, 03:59 PM)pally Wrote: They are rotating again but Chrisman is kicking first for what that is worth. Media guys seems to think that is important

They need to just make a decision already. Especially if they decide to go with Chrisman. McPherson is struggling enough as it is, he needs all the practice he can get with his new holder.

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2022, 09:06 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: They need to just make a decision already. Especially if they decide to go with Chrisman. McPherson is struggling enough as it is, he needs all the practice he can get with his new holder.

If I have a complaint, this is it, spot on as usual.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2022, 09:06 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: They need to just make a decision already. Especially if they decide to go with Chrisman. McPherson is struggling enough as it is, he needs all the practice he can get with his new holder.

If they simply elevate Drue for the next several weeks they can keep Kevin on the roster to hold

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2022, 06:50 AM)pally Wrote: If they simply elevate Drue for the next several weeks they can keep Kevin on the roster to hold

But Simmons had said that Chrisman had caught up to Huber in holding. Seems silly to keep a spot on the 53 just for a holder. 
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2022, 09:55 AM)Nepa Wrote: But Simmons had said that Chrisman had caught up to Huber in holding. Seems silly to keep a spot on the 53 just for a holder. 

I just think at this point they are trying to give themselves as much flexibility as possible.  They can activate DJ Reader without any problem since there is an open roster spot.  The practice squad rules provide them with several weeks of roster maneuvers that allow them to keep/play both punters if that is what Zac wants to do.  

Reply/Quote
I've given Huber a lot of shit, but based on what him and the team are saying...it sounds like he is practicing great, but is just having trouble translating it to games.

Based on that, I'd maybe give him ONE more opportunity to get it together. There is something to be said about having consistency, experience, etc back there at the punting spot.

Im serious though - one more opportunity. If you shank another punt you are out.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2022, 10:23 AM)pally Wrote: I just think at this point they are trying to give themselves as much flexibility as possible.  They can activate DJ Reader without any problem since there is an open roster spot.  The practice squad rules provide them with several weeks of roster maneuvers that allow them to keep/play both punters if that is what Zac wants to do.  

Holding for FG's and extra points is huge, really hadn't thought about this as much as I probably should.
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote

Chrisman season is upon us.

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2022, 01:47 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Holding for FG's and extra points is huge, really hadn't thought about this as much as I probably should.

Chrisman has been on the team doing those for McPhersons entire career in the NFL. Simmons has repeatedly said that's not a concern at all or part of the decision this year because they've (him and Huber) both been doing it fine. 
Reply/Quote
Hopefully all goes well tomorrow and Kev can ride off into the sunset and have a happy retirement.

Been a tremendous servant to the team down the years but age catches up with everyone.
Reply/Quote
Huber has made over 28 million in his NFL career, hopefully he is set for retirement, because his end is now.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2022, 03:29 PM)TheFan Wrote: Chrisman has been on the team doing those for McPhersons entire career in the NFL. Simmons has repeatedly said that's not a concern at all or part of the decision this year because they've (him and Huber) both been doing it fine. 

Cool man, thanks. I really haven't paid attention, I just pay attention to McPherson when he is Kicking.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2022, 04:24 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Hopefully all goes well tomorrow and Kev can ride off into the sunset and have a happy retirement.

Been a tremendous servant to the team down the years but age catches up with everyone.

Oh for sure, been our best Punter ever. That is pretty awesome for Kev to be able to claim but he pry is too humble.

(11-19-2022, 05:30 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Huber has made over 28 million in his NFL career, hopefully he is set for retirement, because his end is now.

That is a lot of dough. He is set no problem. Should have jobs lined up as a ST's coach too if he wants it.
Reply/Quote
Thumbs Down 
Huber had a wonderful career, but it is time to move on from him.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2022, 06:55 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Huber had a wonderful career, but it is time to move on from him.

Agree but only if Crisman can win the job. 

If not will have to draft his replacement or find one in FA.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2022, 10:30 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I've given Huber a lot of shit, but based on what him and the team are saying...it sounds like he is practicing great, but is just having trouble translating it to games.

Based on that, I'd maybe give him ONE more opportunity to get it together. There is something to be said about having consistency, experience, etc back there at the punting spot.

Im serious though - one more opportunity. If you shank another punt you are out.

His one opportunity was Cleveland, he sucked.  Then, they let him punt again...still sucked.  Love ya, Kevin, but it is time.  Father time catches up to all of us, and at this point in the season he looks worn down.  
Reply/Quote