Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
REDS APRIL GAMES THREAD
Time to send Greene to AAA.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
April of 2022 ends as being one of the Worst months in Reds Baseball. All Pitchers are struggling. All Hitters walk to the plate with batting averages around .100 which is awful. The low batting averages have been a constant in this team for about 3 years or more. I really have to question just what in the heck this Hitting Coach does. He is sure no Ted Kluszewski om getting hitters back on track.

I would like to think injured players returning will help, but the fact is that this team is pretty bad. So bad that I think Hunter Greene needs to go back to Minors and come up later when he is really ready, and the same for Lodolo. Some more time in Triple A would help both of them. The Reds will stink with or without them, and some more time in the Minors seems needed for both. I think both will be very good pitchers, IF Reds don't ruin them as they have so many pitchers over the decades. I do not consider the Reds to be as good developing pitchers as say, The Dodgers franchise over the decades.

The losing is bad, but what would be even worse would be to ruin Greene and Lodolo by having them in the Majors too early, and that seems to be clearly the case. Both Greene and Lodolo have no Swag as they are finding out The Big's can hit a fast ball. They look shell shocked on the mound now. They are light years from the dominate look of a Bob Gibson, and just the opposite are looking like Kids in awe that Veterans can hit them. They have good pitches, but some Minor League fine tuning seems to be in order. Getting their brains beat in is the worst thing for these youths. I think Greene and Lodolo have Mario Soto and Tom Browning ability, but like SNL, they are the not ready for the prime time players at this point.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2022, 09:43 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Time to send Greene to AAA.

Yep and Lodolo 
Reply/Quote
Who is it playing the AAA little red blown motor's today ? Oh yes Rockies
Reply/Quote
3-18 :lol:

Reply/Quote
Votto should have retired at the end of last season.
Reply/Quote
I was watching the replay in my office while doing a Metal radio show with some friends. When Bell came out to take out Overton, I told my friends "Bell will **** this up, somehow. He's not taking him out because he's showing signs of tiring, he's just playing the averages because that's the only way Dumb Bell knows how to manage 'What does the chart say I should do?'. The man appears to have absolutely no gut instinct, whatsoever."

After Warren threw his first pitch I said "That man looks like he has ZERO confidence. Bell just brought in a breaking ball pitcher in a close game in Coors field, where the ball doesn't break very much".

And then Jake Fraley showed me that he doesn't belong on this AAA team. He somehow missed the cutoff badly and then shortly after that, he was just half assed trotting to . . . *ahem . . . "chase down" the game winning triple. The Reds need to cut two players after tomorrow's game. I really, really hope that he's one of them, but I fully expect Bell to **** that up, too.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
DENVER – Even after the move backfired, Reds manager David Bell stood firm by his decision.

Bell pulled starting pitcher Connor Overton from a strong outing with one out and one on in the sixth inning vs. the Rockies on Saturday. Overton had been handling himself well twice through the Rockies’ lineup, and Bell didn’t want to give Colorado’s hitters another chance.

Reliever Art Warren was on the hook for a four-run rally that doomed the Reds to a 4-3 loss at Coors Field.

“Art has been one of our best pitchers for the last couple of years. No hesitation there,” Bell said. “Overton did a great job. He did his job. Third time back around the order in this ballpark against that lineup, Art was the guy.”

With only two singles allowed through five scoreless innings, Overton nursed a 2-0 lead. No Colorado hitter had reached second base against the right-hander, thanks in part to Garcia throwing out two baserunners.

“To step in a big game for us against that team in this ballpark and throw strikes – made pitches, two different breaking balls, really, just great command and did his job. What a great start,” Bell said.

When Overton returned for the bottom of the sixth inning with only 69 pitches, Bell already had Warren warming up in the bullpen. Alan Trejo opened with a single that went under third baseman Mike Moustakas’ glove and into left field. Overton then got a flyout from No. 9 hitter Dom Nuñez.

“Physically, arm felt good. I felt like I probably could have gotten a few more outs, but that’s part of it,” Overton said.

Bell decided it was time to make a pitching change.

Connor pitched great. It wasn’t about that. It was about Art coming in right there and picking him up,” Bell said.

Translation:
Art Warren ****ed up, not me
-David Bell
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2022, 08:32 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: DENVER – Even after the move backfired, Reds manager David Bell stood firm by his decision.

Bell pulled starting pitcher Connor Overton from a strong outing with one out and one on in the sixth inning vs. the Rockies on Saturday. Overton had been handling himself well twice through the Rockies’ lineup, and Bell didn’t want to give Colorado’s hitters another chance.

Reliever Art Warren was on the hook for a four-run rally that doomed the Reds to a 4-3 loss at Coors Field.

“Art has been one of our best pitchers for the last couple of years. No hesitation there,” Bell said. “Overton did a great job. He did his job. Third time back around the order in this ballpark against that lineup, Art was the guy.”

With only two singles allowed through five scoreless innings, Overton nursed a 2-0 lead. No Colorado hitter had reached second base against the right-hander, thanks in part to Garcia throwing out two baserunners.

“To step in a big game for us against that team in this ballpark and throw strikes – made pitches, two different breaking balls, really, just great command and did his job. What a great start,” Bell said.

When Overton returned for the bottom of the sixth inning with only 69 pitches, Bell already had Warren warming up in the bullpen. Alan Trejo opened with a single that went under third baseman Mike Moustakas’ glove and into left field. Overton then got a flyout from No. 9 hitter Dom Nuñez.

“Physically, arm felt good. I felt like I probably could have gotten a few more outs, but that’s part of it,” Overton said.

Bell decided it was time to make a pitching change.

Connor pitched great. It wasn’t about that. It was about Art coming in right there and picking him up,” Bell said.

Translation:
Art Warren ****ed up, not me
        -David Bell

Bell has never been a good in-game manager. He relies on analytics from the boys upstairs. Even if the Reds had a batter manager, they'd still suck. The talent on this roster is minimal. It's a roster of never-will-bes and has-beens.
Reply/Quote