Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
REDS MAY GAME THREAD
Sadly this starts as, Will The Reds Lose 100 Games this Season ?......The Reds May.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Reds and Rockies have losing pitchers today. The question is which one is worse. Or which team has the worst batting. I'm predicting another Reds loss today.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
India and Fraley on IL. Lopez and Friedl called back up.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2022/05/reds-place-jake-fraley-on-injured-list-recall-tj-friedl.html
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2022, 11:47 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Reds and Rockies have losing pitchers today. The question is which one is worse. Or which team has the worst batting. I'm predicting another Reds loss today.

Haha, I just turned it on and your prediction already looks good 9-0 lol. Sanmartin must have gotten rocked - again.

I'd say there's better than an average chance this team will have the worst season in any kind of recent memory. It literally is like a AA team + a should have retired last season Joey Votto.

I feel sorry for the announcers. There's only so many ways you can spin sucking.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2022, 05:22 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Haha, I just turned it on and your prediction already looks good 9-0 lol. Sanmartin must have gotten rocked - again.

I'd say there's better than an average chance this team will have the worst season in any kind of recent memory. It literally is like a AA team + a should have retired last season Joey Votto.

I feel sorry for the announcers. There's only so many ways you can spin sucking.

He gave up 6 in 2/3 of an inning never getting out of the first. Farmer comes in gets the last out of the first then gives up 3 in the 2nd. Strickland of all people has 2 straight scoreless innings so far.
Reply/Quote
May starts off as expected, 10-1 loss.
Reply/Quote
The Rockies first sweep of the Reds since 2010.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2022, 08:06 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: May starts off as expected, 10-1 loss.

I'm not even sure there are words to describe the awfulness of this team and season ?
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2022, 08:23 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'm not even sure there are words to describe the awfulness of this team and season ?

As a fan of both the Reds and Bengals I have written many posts explaining how a certain team or player may not be great but "is not as bad as many fans claim". Most of you are familiar with those posts by me.

But with this Reds team I got nuthin'.  They can't hit.  They can't pitch.  They can't run.  They are not very good fielding.

I have been a Reds fan since 1974 and this is the worst team I have ever seen.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2022, 01:44 AM)fredtoast Wrote: As a fan of both the Reds and Bengals I have written many posts explaining how a certain team or player may not be great but "is not as bad as many fans claim". Most of you are familiar with those posts by me.

But with this Reds team I got nuthin'.  They can't hit.  They can't pitch.  They can't run.  They are not very good fielding.

I have been a Reds fan since 1974 and this is the worst team I have ever seen.

You must be about my age Fred ? I was a Reds fan before I was a Bengals fan, 72,73 somewhere in there ? And I fully agree, this team. at this point anyways is the worst I've seen.

And it seems an awful lot to me that they've checked out already, hearts not in it, however you want to put it. Gonna be a long summer baseball wise.
Reply/Quote
Hey Phil I found something else to do.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Hurray. We didn't lose today because we didn't play. Wait, I'm assuming we play. More like just showing up for a beating. lol
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
I just don't get Joey's slump. It's like mountainous bad. He's batting .122 with one double. That's it. That's a .135 slugging percentage. It almost seems like a misprint.
Reply/Quote
Votto on Covid IL and Stephenson is back.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2022, 04:26 PM)Goalpost Wrote: I just don't get Joey's slump.  It's like mountainous bad.  He's batting .122 with one double.  That's it.  That's a .135 slugging percentage.  It almost seems like a misprint.

Crazy ain't it ? And the thing that gets me is he's done this for like 3 or 4 times in his last 5 seasons. Started off the first month and a half or so hitting like my Grandma that is.

You would think a hitter of his caliber even in a bad slump would still hit .225 or something.
Reply/Quote
Breaking: Mike Moustakas got a hit and it was a solo HR. I'm speechless
Reply/Quote
Okay, I've given him a fair chance. Sorry to be negative, but Sadak sucks at announcing. He tries to be clever, babbles, and praises stupid shit. Just call the game.
Reply/Quote
3-20
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2022, 10:10 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Okay, I've given him a fair chance. Sorry to be negative, but Sadak sucks at announcing. He tries to be clever, babbles, and praises stupid shit. Just call the game.

After having a partier that felt the need to be cool and wound up destroying himself, they needed a geeky dork and boy, did they get one. I was the same as you, gave him a chance, but in Spring Training, instead of being excited, I was bummed when I heard his voice. I forgot how grating he can be.

I ragged Larkin hard core last year early on but he definitely grew into the role quite well. Welsh is awesome and I like Cowboy, he cracks me up. I hope they move on from Sadak but I don't think they will.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Grating sums up Sadak. He just goes on and on about nonsense.
Reply/Quote