Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
REDS MAY GAME THREAD
Wow David Ross was just a little upset.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2022, 10:39 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Wow David Ross was just a little upset.

Yes. He defends his players. Unlike our manager.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2022, 10:56 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Yes. He defends his players. Unlike our manager.

I really hope you are being sarcastic because this is the farthest thing from the truth.
Reply/Quote
Lets see if they can get the series split Thursday.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Good news Reds won and Greene is pitching today if there is a game ? Bad news after this Cubs game they're vs Giants who are pretty good and @ Red Sox who are decent so..........

Guess we can look forward to Nationals 4 game series because they're nearly as bad as us.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The Reds are pouring it on heavy, up 10-3 in the fourth. I wonder if a brouhaha gets going stemming from the Wick-Votto exchange last night. Cubs are getting crushed, so perhaps they start throwing inside with some retaliatory pitches since Strickland hit a Cub batter last night.
Reply/Quote
It's now the 8th inning and the Reds have scored 20 runs. Votto is pretty much the only starter to not get in on the action. He's 0-3 with a run.
Reply/Quote
Did David Ross get ejected again? Got home from work in time to see Wick chirp at Votto again and a mention of acting manager Andy Green
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2022, 05:41 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: It's now the 8th inning and the Reds have scored 20 runs. Votto is pretty much the only starter to not get in on the action. He's 0-3 with a run.

WOW

Just saw that. Probably equals their season total.
Reply/Quote
Hey 15 wins Dancing can they make it 16 today ?
Reply/Quote
Tommy Pham has been suspended 3 games starting with last night's game after slapping Joc Pederson before yesterdays game over a fantasy football dispute and other possible things said by Pederson he didn't like. Also received a fine.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2022/05/tommy-pham-suspended-for-three-games-over-altercation-with-joc-pederson.html
Reply/Quote
16 in the W column woot

Rally cap time Cool
Reply/Quote
4 wins in a row. Let's make it 5 tomorrow. If we keep winning, we will catch the Brewers. lol
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Aquino is making me think they should institute a "designated fielder" position that teams can choose to use.

His arm in the outfield single handedly saved 2 runs and won the game last night.

The first run he saved was in the 2nd inning when the Giants had the bases loaded and Aquino caught a fly out in mid-depth right field. I think, most times, the runner scores from that depth, but Aquino rifled it into home plate and the Giants didn't even make the attempt to go for home. The inning ended with no runs scored.

The second run he saved was the final out of the game where he threw out the runner in the top of the 9th when he tried to stretch to home from 2nd base on a single.

He also dug out a ball that was in the right field corner in the 6th that you could argue would be a triple if the runner wanted to test him, but didn't, resulting in a double. It didn't end up mattering, as the player was stranded at 2nd, but it could have been a big deal had the hit been with 1 out rather than 2 outs.

Fielding (and base running) are talents that a lot of people don't value in the major leagues because, maybe 90 to 95% of the time, a single is a single regardless of who is fielding the ball, a double is a double etc.

But Aquino definitely makes runners think twice about testing him, and that's a really nice asset to have.

It's a shame he can't hit for shit...
Reply/Quote
Tommy's slap: https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/tommy-pham-slaps-joc-pederson-over-fantasy-football-argument
Reply/Quote
Mahle just gave up his first hit with 2 outs in the 7th and the Reds up 2-0. He was over 100 pitches so he was pulled after that.
Reply/Quote
Welp so much for the sweep. Pen just gave up 6 runs in the 8th after 2 outs.
Reply/Quote
I'm not sure I'd keep running Art Warren out there. It might be time to move on from him.
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2022, 04:03 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I'm not sure I'd keep running Art Warren out there. It might be time to move on from him.

Maybe it's just me but it seems like he does far better coming in with no runners on base as opposed to runners on base.
Reply/Quote
I've stated my thoughts on Warren. He's like Lorenzen. Million dollar arm, 5 cent head. Not built for late inning high pressure situation. He needs to start or be the first bullpen guy called when a starter gets rocked early. He shouldn't pitch after the 6th inning because the team doesn't have enough outs left to make up for his mistakes.

This is the shit that Bell's sheets don't tell him. This is why he's not helping the team win games. He's handicapping them by not knowing the limitations of his own roster and his zero feel for the game.

Strickland, who struggled early but has been solid lately, strikes out one hitter on three pitches. Why not leave him in to start the 8th? Why burn through pitchers when you don't need to?
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote