Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Race, culture and assimilation
(06-14-2016, 04:43 PM)Benton Wrote: Agreed.

If you've got someone on the Irish equivalent of a sex offender registry, pass. ...It's common sense stuff.

But if we've already got that here in the U.S......
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-14-2016, 05:22 PM)Benton Wrote: I don't recall saying you did.

That post only referred to Australians. You aren't against Australians, are you?

What if I am ?
Penal colony savages, anyway.
Ninja
(06-14-2016, 05:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: But if we've already got that here in the U.S......

Then there's no need to create a thread about the Irish sex offender registry...
(06-14-2016, 05:39 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: What if I am ?
Penal colony savages, anyway.
Ninja

Then you're missing out., Beautiful country, women have decent accents and they (at least used to) have a high proportion of females to males.
(06-14-2016, 05:55 PM)Benton Wrote: Then you're missing out., Beautiful country, women have decent accents and they (at least used to) have a high proportion of females to males.

Could you set up a business trip there and convince my wife it is necessary that I go ?
You've begun to sway me and I believe it warrants research.
In the name of science and diplomacy !
(06-14-2016, 05:55 PM)Benton Wrote: Then you're missing out., Beautiful country, women have decent accents and they (at least used to) have a high proportion of females to males.

Used to date an Aussie girl .  They are fantastic.   We never took a trip back to her home and as I have gotten older I definitely would love to spend some time in Australia 
(06-14-2016, 05:20 PM)GMDino Wrote: He didn't say that either.

Hyperbole works both ways Lucy.

If you don't want any restriction on immigration then you want open borders.   
(06-14-2016, 06:32 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: If you don't want any restriction on immigration then you want open borders.   

I don't get why we are talking about the dangers of immigration in regards to a shooter who was a US citizen.  Wasn't the shooter born here?

EDIT: Oh wait, I thought this was one of the recent shooter-related threads.
(06-14-2016, 06:37 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I don't get why we are talking about the dangers of immigration in regards to a shooter who was a US citizen.  Wasn't the shooter born here?

EDIT:  Oh wait, I thought this was one of the recent shooter-related threads.

Amazingly we only have two threads going on the shooting and one being Obama making excuses for Islam.   
(06-14-2016, 06:41 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Amazingly we only have two threads going on the shooting and one being Obama making excuses for Islam.   

God you're a judgmental person.

You either willingly ignore the entire post or you are trolling.

Either way you are less of a christian than you accuse the President of being.

Awful.  Just awful.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
I planted the American flag in Aussie soil myself in highschool. A foreign exchange if there ever was one.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(06-14-2016, 06:37 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I don't get why we are talking about the dangers of immigration in regards to a shooter who was a US citizen.  Wasn't the shooter born here?

EDIT:  Oh wait, I thought this was one of the recent shooter-related threads.

If his parents had never been let in, he wouldn't ever had been here to kill.
Sarcasm
(06-12-2016, 10:27 AM)GMDino Wrote: There have been multiple threads and posts about how foreigners need to stay in their own country because their culture is too different from ours or that they refuse to assimilate properly.

While I am of the mind that proper assimilation also includes some absorbing of the new culture by the new country I posed a question in a thread that I would like to see the feeling on of the folks in here.

Would you like to see just an all white / Christian culture in America?  Seriously.  An American where foreigners are kept out because of their culture and / or race.

Serious answers please.

Hell no. E albus pluribus unum - from many whites one - is that the motto of the United States? No! And the motto isn't
no Jews, no Buddhists, etc... The motto is E pluribus unum - From many, one - and so we should, as we always have for the most part (tragic shortcomings of various ancestors not withstanding) welcome and incorporate all into the American experience/experiment.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.