Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
Raiders’ Confidence on Saturday
This article conveys some valid points on why this game will be much closer than some may think.

I sure hope the Bengals don’t overlook the confidence, grittiness and 4 weeks’ straight of wins for the Raiders

https://raiderswire.usatoday.com/2022/01/12/raiders-starting-to-get-used-to-winning-and-that-makes-them-dangerous/
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 09:39 AM)Whacked Wrote: This article conveys some valid points on why this game will be much closer than some may think.

I sure hope the Bengals don’t overlook the confidence, grittiness and 4 weeks’ straight of wins for the Raiders

https://raiderswire.usatoday.com/2022/01/12/raiders-starting-to-get-used-to-winning-and-that-makes-them-dangerous/

Chiefs were also used to winning when they came to our house. Except they won 4 more in a row than the Raiders did. I’m sure they are taking them seriously.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 09:39 AM)Whacked Wrote: This article conveys some valid points on why this game will be much closer than some may think.

Yeah yeah, outside the Browns game which our starters (most) did not play, the Bengals are hot as well. I really think that SD game and the Saturday game, plus the travel, is going to have them worn down, while our guys are mostly rested. It should not take long for our o-line to wear down their d-line with Mixon running the ball. 
Reply/Quote
This place is going to explode when the game is closer than a lot of people here think after one or two quarters. I predict no less than 10 posters calling for Zac to be fired before halftime. God help us all if the Bengals trail at ALL on Saturday lol
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 09:55 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: This place is going to explode when the game is closer than a lot of people here think after one or two quarters. I predict no less than 10 posters calling for Zac to be fired before halftime. God help us all if the Bengals trail at ALL on Saturday lol

I stay away from GD, but lately have been peeking in at halftime. I think I'll totally stay out of it this week. It's too maddening to read the comments from those who still have no confidence in Burrow to come back from several touchdowns behind. All the "games over" in the first half are just disrespectful to him.
Reply/Quote
F*** their confidence. Like we don't have confidence too going into this game. We probably have the most confident QB in the NFL when it comes to the big stage. I'm not worried about it.
Reply/Quote
What counts I think is that the fans in attendance shouldn’t disrespect the Raiders by expecting the Bengals to be up 14 in the first quarter. Sure it’s possible, but it’s unlikely. They’re a tough group with some matchup advantages and plenty of confidence.

If you’re there and the Bengals don’t start perfectly, please don’t let the ghosts of playoffs past start to haunt your mind. Keep screaming for the defense and hold on to your belief. The Bengals have earned your trust.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 09:59 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I stay away from GD, but lately have been peeking in at halftime. I think I'll totally stay out of it this week. It's too maddening to read the comments from those who still have no confidence in Burrow to come back from several touchdowns behind. All the "games over" in the first half are just disrespectful to him.

If we are down "several touchdowns" then the confidence issue likely isn't with Burrow but the defense. Besides how can anyone be upset about fans panicking when we are down "several touchdowns"? 99.9% of the time we lose those games and those fans are correct in their panic. 

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 10:37 AM)jj22 Wrote: If we are down "several touchdowns" then the confidence issue likely isn't with Burrow but the defense. Besides how can anyone be upset about fans panicking when we are down "several touchdowns"? 99.9% of the time we lose those games and those fans are correct in their panic. 

Because until the final minutes, fans should have the same confidence our QB has. We were down 2 touchdowns how many times against KC (one of the top offenses in the league)?
Reply/Quote
I knew you would bring up KC. The one big comeback we've had in 15 years..... So it happened once (ie the .0001%), in recent memory. That's not enough to shame fans for panicking when we are down multiple td's. Those games typically do end bad, and that isn't debatable.

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 10:37 AM)jj22 Wrote: If we are down "several touchdowns" then the confidence issue likely isn't with Burrow but the defense. Besides how can anyone be upset about fans panicking when we are down "several touchdowns"? 99.9% of the time we lose those games and those fans are correct in their panic. 

Turnovers could lead to that scenario too jj. In fact, hasn't that pretty much been the case when we've been down multiple TDs this year, sans the KC game?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 10:41 AM)jj22 Wrote: I knew you would bring up KC. The one big comeback we've had in 15 years..... So it happened once (ie the .0001%), in recent memory. That's not enough to shame fans for panicking when we are down multiple td's. Those games typically do end bad, and that isn't debatable.

2015 Seahawks game would like to have a word with you.... LOL

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 10:44 AM)Wyche Wrote: 2015 Seahawks game would like to have a word with you.... LOL

I forgot about that game, but that was a big OT win/comeback (can't remember how much we were down, but that was a good game).

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 10:44 AM)Wyche Wrote: 2015 Seahawks game would like to have a word with you.... LOL

So does the 2018 Dolphins game... Hilarious
Reply/Quote
I am in no way already counting on a win on Saturday.

I think this game is going to be VERY close and I wouldn't be shocked in the slightest if we end up losing. The Raiders are a tough matchup for us. Their DL could literally wreck the game. If we cant run the ball it's going to be tough sledding for this offense.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 10:45 AM)jj22 Wrote: I forgot about that game, but that was a big OT win/comeback (can't remember how much we were down, but that was a good game).

Down 17 in the 4th quarter if I remember right.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 10:41 AM)jj22 Wrote: I knew you would bring up KC. The one big comeback we've had in 15 years..... So it happened once (ie the .0001%), in recent memory. That's not enough to shame fans for panicking when we are down multiple td's. Those games typically do end bad, and that isn't debatable.

Different team, different coach, different players, different era. That's the difference. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 10:50 AM)Sled21 Wrote: So does the 2018 Dolphins game... Hilarious

Speaking of game day threads. That one was a classic. Talk about throwing fits. We were throwing fits when Bengals converted 3rd and 4th downs! Outraged when we recovered the on side kick! Cheering 3rd down stops in OT. Openly and shamelessly cheering for the Dolphins. By the end of that thread all was lost as it related to any fans rooting for a Bengals win.... 

Reply/Quote

It wasn't just the KC game.

We were down 14 to the Jags at halftime and didn't have a lead in that game until the winning FG as time expired.
Chargers had a 24 point lead that we cut to 2 and were a Mixon fumble away from taking the lead. Yes, we lost the game, but we still made it a game.
The 49ers were up 20-6 and we took them into OT with a chance to win.

And that's not counting all the other games where a team went up by like 7 and people in the GD thread were bitching and moaning. And, yes, 2 of those examples were losses but the point being that even when we're down we were not out of the game. So even if the Raiders go up 14-0 in the first QTR this Saturday, the game is NOT over and we are NEVER out of a game with Burrow at QB.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Half of the GD thread will believe the game to be over long before the first quarter is over.. First play of the game, no 80 yard TD? Mixon only gained 8 yards? Burrow and Chase are toast..Pinkie issues and the undisclosed dropsies in practice! No doubt about it.. Shocked
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote