Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ravens @ Bengals predictions
31-24 Bengals.
Reply/Quote
34-31 Bengals win on last second field goal
Reply/Quote
They have a much better D than the Colts and hopefully we clean up our problems with the quick underneath stuff.

17-14 - hard to tell who is the 17.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I predict Baltimore Defense is going to be tough. If our O Line thought Colts D was tough to block, here comes an even tougher Baltimore. Last year Baltimore laid hits on Dalton that I'm amazed he got up from. At Baltimore we scored no points. In Cincy Dalton threw come from behind game winning bomb to Boyd. Amazing Dalton was still in game when you look at all those unblocked Ravens at full speed knocking Dalton into the cheap seats. So I'm not predicting, I'm hoping Baltimore doesn't destroy us. I'm hoping Dalton doesn't get injured due to poor blocking. I'm hoping Dalton leads Bengals to victory against maybe best defense in NFL in Ravens. Someone posted scores in the 30's. I hope not or we will lose big. We need our D to keep the score low to give us a chance to win. Bengals aren't going to score no 30 against Ravens. This will be a defensive war. Our O Line still early on rebuild, so they will nail Dalton and Mixon a few times I just hope Dalton leads team to a victory somehow, someway, like end of last season.

Bengals 16, Ravens 13

You wait all off season for football, and then BANG. Bengals first game on Sunday and their second game just 4 days later. The one upside is Bengals only had to come back from Indy to Cincy for this. Ravens have to come in from Baltimore on short week.

A 2-0 start would be GREAT
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
24-13 Ravens

Just have a bad feeling about this one.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
I give the edge to the home team in this one.

The WR are different but the DLine and OLine are the same as last year.

The numbers from week 1 can be deceptive. The Colts in Indy vs the Bills on the road.

The Bills don’t have a great OLine, the QB is either a rookie or inexperienced. We also scorched their 1st team def in the dress rehearsal. Add in that Todd Bowels is not a great HC and that leads to a dominant performance by the Ravens.

I hope that the Ravens come in a tad overconfident, not likely, and that can get us to catch them off guard a bit.

I also don’t expect Green to have back to back off games and the game plan to adjust for any deficiencies on the OLine. Mixon will have to work harder for his yards and the defense needs to protect the 1st down better, maybe let the LBers cover the middle and the Safeties cover deep, while the Corners cover man. Press the WRs and don’t let them any cushion.

If I see that again this game, I will officially call for the removal of Austin at DC.
Reply/Quote
It's prime time - we know what that means (Please prove me wrong Bengals - just once!)
Reply/Quote
Short week, prime time game coming off a hard fought and emotionally grinding game against a team on the road that was favored to win...

I'm sorry, but this just screams Marvin Lewis classic let down game.

I'll say 14-24 Ravens.

And I'll be happy to be proven wrong.
Reply/Quote
Ravens 24- Bengals 10

Prime time division game on a short week. We had trouble with the Colts D and Margus Hunt the Ravens D is a lot better. They are tough to run aginast Brandon Williams is a load at NT and Mosley is a great side line to sideline linebacker it will be tough to run against them. Jimmy Smith is out at CB so we need to try to exploit their 2nd CB with Ross.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 01:15 PM)YsCascadia Wrote: I give the edge to the home team in this one.

The WR are different but the DLine and OLine are the same as last year.

The numbers from week 1 can be deceptive. The Colts in Indy vs the Bills on the road.

The Bills don’t have a great OLine, the QB is either a rookie or inexperienced. We also scorched their 1st team def in the dress rehearsal. Add in that Todd Bowels is not a great HC and that leads to a dominant performance by the Ravens.

I hope that the Ravens come in a tad overconfident, not likely, and that can get us to catch them off guard a bit.

I also don’t expect Green to have back to back off games and the game plan to adjust for any deficiencies on the OLine.  Mixon will have to work harder for his yards and the defense needs to protect the 1st down better, maybe let the LBers cover the middle and the Safeties cover deep, while the Corners cover man. Press the WRs and don’t let them any cushion.

If I see that again this game, I will officially call for the removal of Austin at DC.

Todd Bowles isn't Buffalo's HC.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 01:01 PM)kevin Wrote: I predict Baltimore Defense is going to be tough. If our O Line thought Colts D was tough to block, here comes an even tougher Baltimore.  Last year Baltimore laid hits on Dalton that I'm amazed he got up from.  At Baltimore we scored no points. In Cincy Dalton threw come from behind game winning bomb to Boyd. Amazing Dalton was still in game when you look at all those unblocked Ravens at full speed knocking Dalton into the cheap seats. So I'm not predicting, I'm hoping Baltimore doesn't destroy us. I'm hoping Dalton doesn't get injured due to poor blocking. I'm hoping Dalton leads Bengals to victory against maybe best defense in NFL in Ravens. Someone posted scores in the 30's. I hope not or we will lose big. We need our D to keep the score low to give us a chance to win. Bengals aren't going to score no 30 against Ravens. This will be a defensive war. Our O Line still early on rebuild, so they will nail Dalton and Mixon a few times I just hope Dalton leads team to a victory somehow, someway, like end of last season.

Bengals 16, Ravens 13

You wait all off season for football, and then BANG.  Bengals first game on Sunday and their second game just 4 days later.  The one upside is Bengals only had to come back from Indy to Cincy for this.  Ravens have to come in from Baltimore on short week.

A 2-0 start would be GREAT

I agree, it will be a test for our OL, our QB and our offense. But for the record, they beat us 20-0 opening day at home a year ago. We beat them at Baltimore.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Marvin Lewis is 18-12 against the Ravens. I like our odds.
Reply/Quote
I feel like we can safely call Buffalo a bad football team, or at least a team in transition. Starting a guy like Nathan Peterman says a lot of things about the state of a team, none of them good. Viewing Russell Bodine as a good free agency option doesn't bode well, either. Granted, I never would have guessed that the Ravens would light a team up like that, regardless of how bad they are, you have to consider the opponent.

Our opponent wasn't great, but they did have a legit QB and a few really good offensive weapons. They way I see it, without the two AJ Green turnovers and BS Dunlap calls, the Indy game wasn't really a close one. The Bengals moved the ball well in both offensive phases, Andy spread it around, and eventually the d-line started wearing the Colts down in the trenches. Minus the right side of the line, where the issue is lack of talent, most of the problems are very fixable.

31-27 Bengals over Ravens.
Reply/Quote
27-17 ravens. Right side of the Oline gets abused and Andy gets pummeled all day.

If by some miracle the line can block, 24-21 bengals.

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 01:44 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Short week, prime time game coming off a hard fought and emotionally grinding game against a team on the road that was favored to win...

I'm sorry, but this just screams Marvin Lewis classic let down game.

I'll say 14-24 Ravens.

And I'll be happy to be proven wrong.

What he said
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
Thursday night games tend to be sloppy and look no further than our game against Houston last year. I think the Ravens take this one 14-10 after getting what amounts to a bye week on Sunday against the Bills.
Reply/Quote
And the Rat Turds D playing lights out

And Flacco killing it as their O is firing on all cylinders.

(09-10-2018, 01:21 PM)BengalD Wrote: It's prime time - we know what that means (Please prove me wrong Bengals - just once!)
Reply/Quote
So, does anyone have a good idea of how the Ravens D will do against a competent offense? Their best corner is out against AJ Green, and now we have John Ross to worry about. I think they are a good team overall, but I wonder if we can keep up with them on offense.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 01:49 PM)samhain Wrote: Todd Bowles isn't Buffalo's HC.

You're right he is the Jets HC.... Sean McDermont is the Bills.  Same argument though.
Reply/Quote
If Fisher replaces Hart 17-10 Bengals in a low scoring game.

I think our D line steps up and sacks Flaco four times with two INTS.

Home team has a big advantage on Thursday.
Reply/Quote