Joe Burrow
Ja’Marr Chase
CJ Uzomah
Joe Mixon
Sam Hubbard
Larry Ogunjobi
Other (explain)
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ravens Game Ball
(10-24-2021, 05:27 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Dominating win against Lamar and his Ravens by these 1st place Bengals. So who you got?

Joe Burrow - 23/48 416 yards 3 TD 1 INT 113.5 passer rating

Ja’Marr Chase - 8 rec 201 yards 1 TD

CJ Uzomah - 3 rec 91 yards 2 TD’s

Joe Mixon - 12 carries 59 yards 4.9 average 1 TD

Sam Hubbard - 4 tackles 2.5 sacks

Larry Ogunjobi - 5 tackles 1.5 sacks

Joey B was 23 of 38 not 48. LOL
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Voted Chase. A long TD was simply a 1st down without his moves and tackle breaking. Effort was outstanding.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 06:09 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Joey B was 23 of 38 not 48. LOL

Woops. My bad. I blame my phone. I’ll edit the OP.

Can you make the poll visible, please.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 06:04 PM)J24 Wrote: Burrow- when you put up 400 yards and 3TDs against that defense in their building. That's an MVP like performance. Dude balled today. The rest of the guys were special though!

I agree. It's hard to give it to a wideout as they all did well. If not for Chase's amazing spin move for a TD, he has 8 catches for around 100 yards. Higgens with 7 catches for 62. Uzo 3 for 91 and 2 TDs. But if you give it to a receiver, it's a tossup between Chase and Uzo. Uzo had 2 huge TD plays to take the lead. Chase with the one big TD to blow the lead open, and consistently getting open when needed. 

Burrow made it all happen though. He was under duress all game, and still threw for 400 and 3 TDs against a great defense. Entire offense played well though. Burrow (and the receivers collectively) sparked it. And the coaches did a good job attacking where they had an advantage (passing game) with the play calling.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 06:02 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I wasn't sure if it had to be a player. 

I personally think it should be a specific player, but people vote for coaches and entire position groups all the time.

Reply/Quote
Quote:This team will make the playoffs. I could see them winning a playoff game as well.

I can see em playing AZ in the superbowl.. Cool
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 06:11 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I agree. It's hard to give it to a wideout as they all did well. If not for Chase's amazing spin move for a TD, he has 8 catches for around 100 yards. Higgens with 7 catches for 62. Uzo 3 for 91 and 2 TDs. But if you give it to a receiver, it's a tossup between Chase and Uzo. Uzo had 2 huge TD plays to take the lead. Chase with the one big TD to blow the lead open, and consistently getting open when needed. 

Burrow made it all happen though. He was under duress all game, and still threw for 400 and 3 TDs against a great defense. Entire offense played well though. Burrow (and the receivers collectively) sparked it. And the coaches did a good job attacking where they had an advantage (passing game) with the play calling.

I voted Chase, but these are good points.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 06:07 PM)jason Wrote: Is he the best receiver in the NFL this season? He's is; isn't he?... As a rookie.

He’s definitely right there.

Reply/Quote
The dude has 754 yards and 6 TDs in only 7 games and is averaging an other worldly 21.5 yards per grab.

Yes, he's the best WR.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 06:21 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: The dude has 754 yards and 6 TDs in only 7 games and is averaging an other worldly 21.5 yards per grab.

Yes, he's the best WR.

Hell yes he is... It was a rhetorical question on my part.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 06:11 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I agree. It's hard to give it to a wideout as they all did well. If not for Chase's amazing spin move for a TD, he has 8 catches for around 100 yards. Higgens with 7 catches for 62. Uzo 3 for 91 and 2 TDs. But if you give it to a receiver, it's a tossup between Chase and Uzo. Uzo had 2 huge TD plays to take the lead. Chase with the one big TD to blow the lead open, and consistently getting open when needed. 

Yup.

Chase doesn't have that day with Allen under center. I said this week 1, I've never found myself voting for a WR since no matter how great his day is, he had a guy throwing it to him that has better numbers unless he only targets one WR. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote

You can't take away Chase's spin move TD though. Obviously he had someone throwing to him, but he accounted for what?... 40% of the total yards today? Joe's numbers are pedestrian today minus Ja'Marr's insane contribution too.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Zac gave his game balls to

1) JoeyB
2) Ja'Marr Chase
3) The defense...all of them

I haven't decided yet....way too many excellent choices all of whom deserve it. I'm kind of leaning towards other to vote for the aven who was called for the roughing penalty against Joe. That seemed to wake up the entire offense and they were virtually unstoppable after that

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 06:02 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I wasn't sure if it had to be a player. 

it does.

Coaches nor position groups are never listed as options

It's a rule. Break it again and I'll do absolutely nothing other that retort with a strongly worded post..
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 06:36 PM)pally Wrote: Zac gave his game balls to

1) JoeyB
2) Ja'Marr Chase
3) The defense...all of them

I haven't decided yet....way too many excellent choices all of whom deserve it. I'm kind of leaning towards other to vote for the aven who was called for the roughing penalty against Joe. That seemed to wake up the entire offense and they were virtually unstoppable after that

You know it was a big day when 91 yards and 2 scores doesn't get you a game ball.
Reply/Quote
Too hard to pick one. Dominating performance all around. Im really really loving CJ these days too. He only catches a few balls a game but he somehow finds the endzone
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 06:41 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: You know it was a big day when 91 yards and 2 scores doesn't get you a game ball.

he got to lead the WhoDey chant

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 06:44 PM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: Too hard to pick one. Dominating performance all around. Im really really loving CJ these days too. He only catches a few balls a game but he somehow finds the endzone

He quietly has one less TD than Chase this year.
Reply/Quote
It’s hard to pick. Normally, any of these guys with with their performances this week, but of all of them, Chase was the most impressive, IMO. ROY
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 05:27 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Dominating win against Lamar and his Ravens by these 1st place Bengals. So who you got?

Joe Burrow - 23/38 416 yards 3 TD 1 INT 113.5 passer rating

Ja’Marr Chase - 8 rec 201 yards 1 TD

CJ Uzomah - 3 rec 91 yards 2 TD’s

Joe Mixon - 12 carries 59 yards 4.9 average 1 TD

Sam Hubbard - 4 tackles 2.5 sacks

Larry Ogunjobi - 5 tackles 1.5 sacks

Lots of deserving guys, but it was Burrow that didn't get rattled early on with getting hit a lot and three drops.  He stayed poised and told Martindale to be quiet because an adult was speaking.  
Reply/Quote